Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Cohen is very much like Trump. No self control. Blanche is sticking it to him and Cohen is decompensating.

If Blanche does this too much the jury will start to feel sorry for Cohen.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Trump being elected was the worst thing that ever happened to Cohen (and many others).
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 pm :snippity:
:blahblah: :blahblah:
Its all the same speech at these things he calls "press conferences" each morning of a court date. Zero new info here.

And he keeps complaining about the cold courtroom. Doesn't he have any people to buy him a sweater vest or other proper attire?
My point was that Mike Johnson and memders of the House clownshow took their precious time as legiislators to back up a defendant in a criminal case :shh:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm old enough to remember when Nixon commented on the Manson trials while trial was still in progress and the huge scandal it caused.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sterngard friegen wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 pm Cohen is very much like Trump. No self control. Blanche is sticking it to him and Cohen is decompensating.

This is not what the reports coming out of the courtroom/overflow room say.
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 4.17.32 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 4.17.32 PM.jpg (104.26 KiB) Viewed 525 times
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 5.08.45 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 5.08.45 PM.jpg (182.25 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

sterngard friegen wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 pm Cohen is very much like Trump. No self control. Blanche is sticking it to him and Cohen is decompensating.

I am not reading it that way. Blanche is meandering all over the place and talking about nothing but how Cohen loved Trump now hates Trump and makes money. During direct it was clear where they were going and easy for the jury to follow the facts. Cross to me seems like a complete cluster f--k. Has Blanche done anything to impeach a single bit of testimony from Cohen?
much ado

Post by much ado »

I knew we could rely on Trump's legal counsel to screw it up completely.

Only the best!

So much winning!!
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Apparently Blanche repeatedly hammered the point that Cohen used to love Donald Trump. Wonder who was pleased by that line of questioning? MSNBC panel consensus that the cross "bombed" and "didn't land." OK, you would expect them to say that, but still......
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Sometimes, particularly in widely reported high-profile cases, I get to wondering if the the defence are trying to get their client convicted, and the prosecution is working for acquittal. :shrug:

I don’t think I’d make a very good lawyer :bag:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe I'm missing something but why is it OK for trump to use his enemies' names to make money but it's not OK for Trump's enemies to use his name to make money?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

And:
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was just about to ask if that was a legal way to get around a gag order.

Too also, has it yet been made official that Tuberville is the stupidest senator in DC?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 pm I was just about to ask if that was a legal way to get around a gag order.
No, as the order includes people acting of the direction of this defendant.

Normally, if it isn't a question of legality, but a question of proof: What is the evidence that these people are acting at the direction of the gagged individual?

But these morans went on the teevee and basically announced this was a coordinated effort.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 pm I was just about to ask if that was a legal way to get around a gag order.

Too also, has it yet been made official that Tuberville is the stupidest senator in DC?
I'm pretty sure I've heard Claire McCaskill say it more than once :biggrin: ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

In my dream, :daydreaming: they find a dead ringer for ol' handsome Joe, and put him in aviator sunglasses, and send him into the courtroom, where he will simply stare at the quadfectee and grimace malevolently. Dark Brandon, coming to eat your liver, asshole. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Foggy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:13 pm In my dream, :daydreaming: they find a dead ringer for ol' handsome Joe, and put him in aviator sunglasses, and send him into the courtroom, where he will simply stare at the quadfectee and grimace malevolently. Dark Brandon, coming to eat your liver, asshole. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

that-3.png
that-3.png (180.46 KiB) Viewed 316 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I think they have started jury selection for the Sen Bob Menendez trial. I somehow don't think any other senators are going to show up for this trial.

I hope they find that these surrogates have indeed been directed by trump (they'll have to find a way around his slippery instruction style). I heard a "super cut" earlier with all those guys saying exactly the same words in the same order. Someone has issued talking points.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Rolodex wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:39 pm I think they have started jury selection for the Sen Bob Menendez trial. I somehow don't think any other senators are going to show up for this trial.

I hope they find that these surrogates have indeed been directed by trump (they'll have to find a way around his slippery instruction style). I heard a "super cut" earlier with all those guys saying exactly the same words in the same order. Someone has issued talking points.
ah... the Sinclair Editorial Method
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Foggy wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:13 pm In my dream, :daydreaming: they find a dead ringer for ol' handsome Joe, and put him in aviator sunglasses, and send him into the courtroom, where he will simply stare at the quadfectee and grimace malevolently. Dark Brandon, coming to eat your liver, asshole. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Is that why Turnip was going on about the late, great Hannibal Lecter last week? :think: :think:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

... the Sinclair Editorial Method ...
I learn so much, just by reading here and then googling anything I don't understand. You are an awesome writer, Flatstuff.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

jemcanada2 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:46 pm Is that why Turnip was going on about the late, great Hannibal Lecter last week? :think: :think:
Evidently. :mrgreen:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I agree that that would be delicious, but it would also give the MAGA crowd even more reason to scream that Biden is persecuting their hero god, even though Biden has assiduously avoided saying anything about the trial in public and has left the other trials up to the DOJ.
realist

Post by realist »

Oh, my! I can’t remember all the details, but that brings to mind a birther gem where some rando stated he saw the USAG in some cafe in some little town, obviously there to help Obama, when he in fact (proven) was in L. A. or sumpin’. Hopefully one of the old-timers here will remember the minute details that I can’t bring to mind right now. It was hilarious.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Some nimrod told Orly Taitz that he had seen Rahm Emanuel meet with the judge during the Connie Rhodes trial in Georgia (actually, it might have been during the show-cause hearings on sanctions). The “proof” was that the judge was supposedly seen in a Columbus, GA coffee shop with a “dark-completed gentleman” (or words to that effect). Orly used it as a basis for a recusal motion, IIRC.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:57 pm Some nimrod told Orly Taitz that he had seen Rahm Emanuel meet with the judge during the Connie Rhodes trial in Georgia (actually, it might have been during the show-cause hearings on sanctions). The “proof” was that the judge was supposedly seen in a Columbus, GA coffee shop with a “dark-completed gentleman” (or words to that effect). Orly used it as a basis for a recusal motion, IIRC.
ETA: IIRC, that was when irony got self-sanctioned to the tune of $20K.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”