Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 am :snippity:
"For completeness": NBC: High-profile New York lawyer says he tried to advise judge in Trump civil fraud case:
Judge Arthur Engoron said he was "wholly uninfluenced."
small talk in the court hallway ...
"I actually had the ability to speak to him three weeks ago," Bailey said, during an on-camera interview with NBC New York on Feb. 16, the day the judge's decision was due. "I saw him in the corner [at the courthouse] and I told my client, 'I need to go.' And I walked over and we started talking … I wanted him to know what I think and why…I really want him to get it right."
tek

Post by tek »

Somebody wants some airtime..
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And yet the headline in the Raw Story article says that Engoron is under investigation. WTF?

The article itself implies that _Bailey_ is the one being investigated, although it is grossly ambiguous.

What schlock.

I've often followed links to Raw Story and taken their reporting seriously, but this one raises all the red flags for tabloids. Is this standard for RS?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

ETHICS VIOLATION ALERT!!!!!!!!

Bailey should never have spoken to Engoron about his own “views” of the case!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

The defense counsel may set a record for objections today, since the judge told them they should have objected more during the Stormy Daniels testimony.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

p0rtia wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:23 am And yet the headline in the Raw Story article says that Engoron is under investigation. WTF?

The article itself implies that _Bailey_ is the one being investigated, although it is grossly ambiguous.

What schlock.

I've often followed links to Raw Story and taken their reporting seriously, but this one raises all the red flags for tabloids. Is this standard for RS?
Raw Story is a very left-leaning tabloid. But as with all tabloids, they use a lot of clickbait headlines.
Largo al factotum.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, Zeke :bighug:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Monitoring both cnn and msnbc as I read the testimony being tweeted out.

Testimony is brisk and full to the brim of detail. Hoffinger doing a great job. Cohen doing his job well, stating without justification or emotion that he bullied people and worked to get contractors to take pennies on the dollar for invoices owed. Said it was all about getting fuckhead to praise him (my paraphrase; his words were better).

Cnn and msnbc largely ignoring the fascinating testimony and instead going from head to head and having them explain why Cohen is terrible and how hard it's going to be to get over that. Again, and again. First string heads will show up around noon and do a better job. But this crap--ignoring the impact of what is actually happening--is the worst of MSM.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Glad I have the day off to watch and listen. I was still waking up, but I think I heard along with Eric, he's flanked by JD Vance and Traitor Tuberville.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Anderson Cooper, who should no better (and maybe he thinks he's playing dumb to represent the audience), wonders why there is no direct evidence of Trump knowing about stuff, except for Cohen, and why should they believe Cohen, who is bla bla bla? (NB Not looking forward to the inevitable discussion of the value of direct vs circumstantial evidence.)

CNN head follows up with his two minute take, and concludes that Bragg has no case, because it doesn't matter how fuckhead kept his books and how he categorized the repayment to Cohen.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Lawfare reports that Tuperville and Vance are not present after morning recess.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:52 am Lawfare reports that Tuperville and Vance are not present after morning recess.
But, they were there at first? If so, are they now making the rounds at Fox to make comments about what the gagged one can't?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm sure Cooper has been told that's the line to take.
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Time to drag weisselberg in.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:12 pm
p0rtia wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:52 am Lawfare reports that Tuperville and Vance are not present after morning recess.
But, they were there at first? If so, are they now making the rounds at Fox to make comments about what the gagged one can't?
Yes, they were there. No idea where they are grifting now.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 4103213228

Time to drag weisselberg in.
Full Text to avoid the cleecks.
Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
Michael Cohen says he went to ex-Trump Org. CFO Allen Weisselberg to get "funding" for the $150,000 purchase of Karen McDougal's life rights.

Weisselberg told Cohen: "If we do it from a Trump entity, that kind of defeats the purpose, because the point is not to have the Trump named affiliated with this at all."

Cohen says Weisselberg asked him to devise other ways to come up with the $150,000. He said he would "come up with an LLC."

Cohen says, in total, he had 10 or 12 conversations with Weisselberg about the McDougal transaction. @NBCNews
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think I saw a clip of Tubberville on Fox.

I believe I would rather the media downplay the chance of conviction so I won't be as heartbroken if/when it happens. And if he is found guilty, all the more reason to celebrate.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Legal head on MSNBC saying, "Well, this is all well and good, but when will Michael Cohen say what discussions about the cover-up he had with fuckhead?"

:callonme:

When they get to that part of the testimony, you blithering fool?

Narrator: She did not call him "fuckhead."
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

chancery wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:51 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
:bighug: :heart:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Earlier on CNN: Legal head explaining that Defense on cross will be hammering Cohen to prove that fuckhead only did what he, Cohen advised him to do as his lawyer."

Narrator 1: He did not say fuckhead.

Narrator 2: Merchan has already ruled against an advice of counsel defense.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The New York Times is live blogging today's trial. Here's a gift link to their article -

Live Updates: Cohen Describes ‘Catastrophic’ Impact Daniels Could Have Had on Trump Campaign
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

He's getting every single one of his minions to do what he can't do because of the gag order.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yep. Earlier someone had tweeted they suspected that's exactly why they were there.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Finally got a couple of MSNBC reporters who were 1) in the courtroom/overflow and 2) are really really familiar with the case:

Lisa Rubin: MC credible, calm, a little freaked out and nervous. Hoffinger frequently asking for more, as Cohen is staying strictly in four corners of question. H keeps prodding him for more.

Merchan seemed to be trying to decide what to make of this quiet, thin, different Cohen.

Expecting MC to keep a tight lid on himself during cross.

This is a different MC than the MC in the previous trial. This time he is quiet and open, talking about how he loved his job; giving up his feelings.

Susanne Craig: MC corroborated information we’ve heard before. Connected conversations that he had with T with testimony of other witnesses to complete the picture., and how he kept T abreast of McDougall, Daniels. Felt he was doing his job and he wanted the credit/approval from the Boss.

Q Did he sound prepped?

Rubin: Don’t think his answers were rote; they were vivid and descriptive. Other witnesses were more prepped.

Q How are jurors taking him?

Rubin: Jurors are like Merchan, trying to take the measure of the man. Open faces, taking it all in. Can’t tell anything from those juror faces. Calls T and MC a match made in hell: micromanager and an aggressive guy who wants praise.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”