Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Cross examination actually started around 3:00 pm Tuesday afternoon, and Necheles got through nearly two hours of fiery questioning.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:53 am Wednesdays are no trial days. Cross begins tomorrow.
Cross examination of Daniels did start on Tuesday; it will resume Thursday. FWIW (maybe not much) Jonathan Alter for New York Times opined that in some ways she did better against the harsh questions than on direct: Stormy Daniels Stood Up Well to the Taunts of Trump’s Lawyer [Gift Link]

Fun: Cross included some form of the question "Do you hate Donald Trump?" to which she answered "yes".

The court pledged to post the transcripts by end of next business day, so they are always one business day behind. Therefore the transcript of Daniels' Tuesday testimony should become available by end of Wednesday (today as I post this).
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thanks for the correction, guys!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I followed along the cross x on Xitter. Trump's attorneys seem to be playing the blame the victim card like they did with EJC. Why didn't you call the police? Why didn't you tell more people? In other words gratuitous Monday morning quarterbacking. Sickening.

Her testimony that Trump tried to say it was OK to have sex because he didn't sleep in the same room as Melania was pretty powerful too. That will resonate with the jury IMO. What a lech.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I heard that a number of the jury showed signs of being turned off by Daniels. Several in court commentators have mentioned that. Not a good sign, but she's also not the only witness. Also, the judge admonished her in front of the jury to "just answer the question that is asked" because she was embellishing way too much. It's also not good to have a judge show impatience with a witness in front of the jury. And Merchan has a reputation of being very fair so it must have been over the top for him to try to shut her down right in front of the jury.

Also, I guess Trump briefly posted something that more than toed the line of the gag order, but took it down almost immediately. I hope the prosecutor brings it up because that is just absolutely giving the finger to the judge. The speed with which he took that post down indicates he knew damn well he was crossing the line again.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Or his lawyer told him he was crossing the line.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:39 pm Or his lawyer told him he was crossing the line.
Like that would have stopped him?
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is (reportedly) the post he made and deleted:
FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:50 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:39 pm Or his lawyer told him he was crossing the line.
Like that would have stopped him?
Is there a better explanation? I think he was told that he might actually, really be put in jail this time. Did he really want that?

ETA: He says he wants to go to jail. I think he's just shooting off his mouth. If he really wanted to go to jail, he would keep violating the gag order.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Did the lawyer or his staff tell him.. um, we told who the witnesses would be and your lawyer has been preparing?

Or his lawyer intentionally did not tell him so he would not violate the gag order?

He doesn't need to prepare. His attorney needs to prepare. His only "prep" is to post on TS about the witness.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 3675098793
It is a really bad feeling to have your Constitutional Right to Free Speech, such a big part of life in our Country, so unfairly taken from you, especially when all of the sleazebags, lowlifes, and grifters that you oppose are allowed to say absolutely anything that they want. It is hard to sit back and listen to lies and false statements be made against you knowing that if you respond, even in the most modest fashion, you are told by a Corrupt and Highly Conflicted Judge that you will be PUT IN PRISON, maybe for a long period of time. This Fascist mindset is all coming from D.C. It is a sophisticated hit job on Crooked Joe Biden’s Political Opponent, ME!. Judges Engoron and Kaplan, also of New York, are equally Corrupt, only in different ways. What these THUGS are doing is AN ATTACK ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, AND OUR ONCE GREAT NATION ITSELF. OUR FIRST AMENDMENT MUST STAND, FREE AND STRONG. “GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!’
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 2854032843
I spotted Ratings Challenged Lawrence O’Donnell, of MSDNC, in the Courthouse today. I haven’t seen him in years. He looks like shit, a real loser! DJT
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Donnie Depends wrote:“GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!’
Don't tease us.
I spotted Ratings Challenged Lawrence O’Donnell, of MSDNC, in the Courthouse today. I haven’t seen him in years. He looks like shit, a real loser!
Have you looked into a mirror lately? I saw him on a video about your trial; he looks quite a bit less harried and weary than your sorry ass.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/08/politics ... index.html
Lawyers for Donald Trump asked a New York appeals court to rule on their challenge to the gag order limiting what the former president can say about witnesses in the criminal hush money trial, according to people familiar with the matter.

Trump’s legal team filed an order to show cause Wednesday, which has been sealed. The Manhattan district attorney’s office has opposed the filing, according to the docket.

Trump’s lawyers are urging the full panel of appellate judges to rule on the constitutionality of the gag order, people familiar with the matter say.

Previously, Trump’s lawyers asked an appeals court judge to take emergency action and stop the trial so they could appeal the gag order. After hearing oral argument, the appeals court judge denied the request and both sides were ordered to file written briefs. No decision was issued.

Trump’s attorneys are now asking the appellate panel to expedite their ruling on whether the gag order is constitutional.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Resume18 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:26 pm
Donnie Depends wrote:“GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!’
Don't tease us.
Please, give him death. He's clearly asking for it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Funny how Bryan Kohberger's lawyers aren't screaming about their gag order. That Judge has locked down everyone involved.
andersweinstein

Shad beats the NYT to a May 7 pdf. (Though NYT pdf conversion seems a bit more elegant, omitting Next/Prev from the court's online pages).
andersweinstein

Washington Post now in on the pdf transcript act as well. Just keeping up with the Times, I guess:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ney-trial/

May 7 pdf: https://www.washingtonpost.com/documents/ceb063c4-0c31-40fc-9805-5e093f3a6449.pdf

Glad these are available, but a little sad to lose the exclusivity of my pdf source Shad. It was the only thing that could ever get me a thumbs up from Dave from down under!
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/frankrunyeon/status ... 717532101
Frank G. Runyeon
@frankrunyeon
NEW:
@Law360 will now post full, searchable PDF transcripts of the Trump NY criminal trial to our digital docket with the help of @nytimes

Thank you to the Times for graciously providing them & shoutout to my sometimes-seatmates
@Jonesieman, @maggieNYT. See you in a few hours.
The Law360 docket for People v. Trump is here: https://www.law360.com/newyork-vs-trump-tracker

Thanks to Anders for his work in supplying transcript links to TFB.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Yep, that was good work.
Hic sunt dracones
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I am still going through Stormy Daniels direct X. I thought she did very well. The detail she provided of Trump's suite and his behavior I thought made her very credible. She was obviously nervous and had to be told to slow down several times. I was actually getting annoyed at Justice Merchan's almost anal aversion of any mention of the sex. I know this case is about money but sex plays a part in it.

Merchan then chastised her for just answering a why" a question with a few sentences. But he reverses his decision and overruled the objection. She was just answering the damned question.
A . I guess he was having a party for his vodka release
party , he reached out and asked me if I would attend.
Q.
A.
Did you agree to go?
Yes.
Why did you agree to go?
Q.
A . For the same reason, I wanted to maintain that sort of
relationship because the celebrity -- the chance to be on the
The Apprentice was still up in the air and it would have been a
great thing. It would have been great for my career, especially
when it was framed as being a writer and director.
public event.
MS . NECHELES : Objection.
THE COUR T: Sustained.
MS . NECHELES: Move to strike.
It was a
THE COURT: Ms. Daniels, please keep the answer
short. Listen to the question and answer the question .
The object i on is ove rruled.
MS . HOFFINGER : Thank you
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The actions of one guy** always sets policy.

** Except for DJT. He has The Permanent Presidential Exemption.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

The opinion of the Tweeters today is that Daniels is much more composed and seems to be doing rather well on cross against constant badgering by Attorney Necheles. Necheles even managed to get "Orange Turd" into the record. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That made me smile.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”