INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
MN-Skeptic

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Luke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:23 pm The Gateway House of Boys won't stop harassing and putting Ruby Freeman and her daughters' life in danger. Ruby and Shaye filed a defamation claim against the Hoft Bros and TGP. But they won't stop.

The demand for retraction is too big to attach (5 pages) but it's here and worth reading: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-con ... 24bb4a616a

The case was Freeman et al. v. Hoft et al., No. 2122-CC09815-01 (Mo. Cir. Ct.). and it's CourtListener page is https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/61 ... er_by=desc

But it was remanded and I can't find the docket for the Circuit Court. I'd appreciate it if somebody could find it because I'd like to add it to the Protopage.
The Guardian had this article today -

Workers at far-right site Gateway Pundit feared credibility issues, filing shows
Employees of the far-right website Gateway Pundit, which has played a key role in spreading lies about the 2020 election, were worried contributors were not credible and expressed concerns about plagiarism, a court filing last month revealed.

Lawyers for Ruby Freeman and her daughter Shaye Moss, two Georgia election workers suing the site for defamation, made the disclosure in a 16 April court filing seeking a court order forcing the website to turn over more internal documents. They said they had obtained text messages from Gateway Pundit’s director of operations and associate editor “expressing concerns that a contributor engaged in plagiarism and made claims without any sources”.

“Documents produced by third parties but not by Defendants show that TGP’s staff had major concerns as to the professionalism, reliability, and honesty of several contributors, including Jordan Conradson, who wrote some of the defamatory Articles,” the lawyers wrote in the filing in circuit court in St Louis, Missouri.
More at the link above.

Link to the court filing - https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -discovery
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

California man charged with threatening to kill Fani Willis
The man, Marc Shultz, posted multiple comments last October under two separate YouTube livestream videos

Hugo Lowell and Richard Luscombe
Fri 3 May 2024 23.58 CEST

A California man has been charged with sending death threats to Fani Willis, the Fulton county district attorney who is overseeing the Georgia prosecution against Donald Trump over his alleged efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in the state.

The man, Marc Shultz, suggested that Willis “will be killed like a dog” in one of several comments he posted under two separate YouTube live streams, according to the US attorney’s office for the northern district of Georgia.

He was charged with transmitting interstate threats to injure Willis because of her prosecution of the former president, prosecutors said.

The precise circumstances surrounding Shultz’s threats were not immediately clear on Friday. But the canine remark, which came as Trump ramped up his attacks on prosecutors, closely echoed language Trump has used in the past to describe a killing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... ani-willis
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Here we go again.
Joyce Alene @JoyceWhiteVance wrote: The Georgia Court of Appeals has agreed to hear an appeal from defendants over whether the judge erred when he ruled that Fani Willis could remain on the Trump RICO prosecution in Fulton County. This pushes that trial further off, likely beyond the election.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Is this an automatic stay, or do defendants need to get one granted?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I have not heard stay (and I've been looking). Media doesn't give a shit, just assuming.

OTOH, not a lot going on in the case lately, so I actually have no idea.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Willis could moot all of this by stepping aside.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

p0rtia wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 pm I have not heard stay (and I've been looking). Media doesn't give a shit, just assuming.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I'd have to hunt it down (and it may even be upthread but I'm monitoring a dm with a business so can't go look rn) but I think the GA Senate subpoenaed Willis and asked for records, too. IIRc
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”