Republicans behaving badly

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I'm reading that even MAGA is big mad about this.

Yeah, you don't take a puppy on a full hunt. They are raise for prey instinct so guess what happens when they see prey?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Note: I believe Cricket was female.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

GOP candidate for secretary of state in Missouri.
Valentina Gomez @ValentinaForSOS wrote: Fuck around, & find out. I don’t fear anyone.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

From a Rolling Stone article:
On their way home, Noem made a pit stop at the home of some locals who owned chickens. Cricket, fresh off her joyous bird-chasing romp, escaped the truck and began terrorizing the chickens, Noem writes.

“Like a trained assassin,” Noem writes, Cricket began “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another.” While it is legal in South Dakota to kill a “dog found chasing, worrying, injuring, or killing poultry or domestic animals,” it’s by no means required, and there’s no indication the owners of the chicken made any such demand.

According to The Guardian’s review, multiple chickens lost their lives before Noem finally intervened to restrain Cricket, who she described as “the picture of joy” throughout the ordeal. When the governor attempted to grab her dog, Cricket allegedly made to bite her. They say dogs are like their owners, and after paying the distraught family for the value of their chickens, Noem was apparently seized by a similar deadly urge.

:snippity:

Dan Lussen, a professional hunting dog trainer, told Rolling Stone that a 14-month-old dog is a “baby that doesn’t know any better.”

“To me, it’s a lack of guidance by the owner, or training by the owner, or discipline of the owner,” he says, explaining that young bird-hunting dogs in training often go through a slow process of introduction to dead fowl before even being around gunshots. “There’s a lot of steps that you take before you take it to a field and shoot birds over it. And then there’s obedience training. Does the dog know how to come when it’s called? Does the dog know how to sit and wait?”
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/statu ... 5727888679
Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson
Kristi Noem is trash.

Decades with hunting- and bird-dogs, and the number I've killed because they were chicken-sharp or had too much prey drive is ZERO. Puppies need slow exposure to birds, and bird-scent.

She killed a puppy because she was lazy at training bird dogs, not because it was a bad dog.

Not every dog is for the field, but 99.9% of them are trainable or re-homeable. We have one now who was never going in the field, but I didn't kill her. She's sleeping on the couch.

You down old dogs, hurt dogs, and sick dogs humanely, not by shooting them and tossing them in a gravel pit.

Unsporting and deliberately cruel...but she wrote this to prove the cruelty is the point.
raison de arizona

I don't know if you've noticed, but Governors, R and D both, across the nation have been posting nice pics of them with their canine friends today. :thumbsup:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

All cared not to have their canine ride on a car roof?
raison de arizona

Yeah, not him.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

'Team Trump approved': National Republican Committee now fundraising on dog-killing book

https://www.rawstory.com/kristi-noem-do ... amily dog.
The National Republican Congressional Committee Friday sent out an email alert hawking signed copies of South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem’s forthcoming memoir, “No Going Back: The Truth on What’s Wrong with Politics and How We Move America Forward.”

“I've reached out a few times offering you a signed copy of my new memoir No Going Back, and now there's fewer than 73 signed copies left!” the email declares.

“And with such low stock remaining, I can only keep your signed copy on hold for the next 60 minutes before I must offer it to someone else.” :snippity:
I guess Lara missed the memo.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 pm GOP candidate for secretary of state in Missouri.
https: //twitter.com/ValentinaForSOS/status/1783952331999949281
Valentina Gomez @ValentinaForSOS wrote: Fuck around, & find out. I don’t fear anyone.
Oh yeah. Gomez is totally different from the people she hates. Just like Bobo!
Attachments
jidahi Bobo.jpg
jidahi Bobo.jpg (131.06 KiB) Viewed 510 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am “And with such low stock remaining, I can only keep your signed copy on hold for the next 60 minutes before I must offer it to someone else.” :snippity:
Seriously, is there anyone left in the world that believes there's someone holding onto your signed copy for 60 minutes from the email? I hate these things no matter who they came from.

And, yeah, puppy and goat killer.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

New York Times Pitchbot
@DougJBalloon

Cricket has learned her lesson

by Susan Collins
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I'm enjoying Pitchbot today -

Cute and/or Humorous
New York Times Pitchbot
@DougJBalloon

Kristi Noem should stop whining about her media treatment after killing a dog in a gravel pit. When I did that, I was forced to have a really boring meeting with my parents and the school psychologist.

by Stephen Miller
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://wapo.st/4b9IHVP

Gifted
CHERNIHIV, Ukraine — In this small city north of Kyiv where Rep. Victoria Spartz (R-Ind.) grew up, locals once lauded her as one of their own — proud of the studious girl with blonde pigtails who moved to America and became the first Ukrainian-born member of Congress.

But after Spartz voted against a $61 billion aid package for Ukraine last week, that pride for some turned to anger and a sense of betrayal — feelings made more raw because her “no” vote came days after Chernihiv was bombed during morning rush hour, killing 18 people.

“She is not Ukrainian anymore, and I see this,” said Natalia Khmelnytska, 50, a teacher at School Number 15, where Spartz studied, and who lives in the apartment block where the congresswoman grew up. “We are disappointed. We are frustrated.”

“At first we were very proud of her and we thought she wanted to support us,” Khmelnytska added. “But now we see that politics and careers are higher than our interests.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

They should not be surprised she’s on Team Putin.
Spartz was a founding member of the Hamilton County, Indiana Tea Party.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

MAGA doc

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Where is the MAGA connection??
raison de arizona

:explode:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm
Click on the pics.
https://x.com/antifaoperative/status/17 ... 3479208434
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

neonzx wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm
Lots of MAGA memes ("free the J6 political prisoners," pro-Trump, etc.)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 pm I'm enjoying Pitchbot today -

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status ... 2628682136
Cute and/or Humorous
New York Times Pitchbot
@DougJBalloon

Kristi Noem should stop whining about her media treatment after killing a dog in a gravel pit. When I did that, I was forced to have a really boring meeting with my parents and the school psychologist.

by Stephen Miller
Has the lady already shared the story of how she plucked flies wings? :twisted:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Interesting thread from a TN guy who is a farmer/rancher/agri-lawyer. His take on Noem is...not kind. He parses out why what she did was wrong, even by "ranch" standards.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Don't know for sure about the 2 recently sentenced, but the state politicians were all Republicans.
Two former executives of a Springfield, Missouri-based charity were sentenced for their roles in a multimillion-dollar public corruption scheme that involved embezzlement and bribes paid to multiple elected public officials in the State of Arkansas.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-form ... ion-dollar
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shamelessly stolen from Facebook,
Attachments
toto.jpg
toto.jpg (124.15 KiB) Viewed 162 times
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

alternate reality - Run Grandma! Run! - It's Kristi Noem