Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Don't quit your day job. :lol:
https://x.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1782483781347312126
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: Tortured Election Fraud Poets Department entry #433

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
The Lake V. Fontes SCOTUS appeal had absolutely no new evidence in it and those that are telling you otherwise are trying to grift you out of money. On top of that the "evidence" they tried to introduce was garbage considering the system is air gapped.

Also...We...Freaking...Count...Paper.

Fin.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

He's on.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Adam Klepp @AdamKleppAZ wrote: George Alan Kelly’s defense attorney Kathy Lowthorp says the mistrial was caused by one holdout juror who believed Kelly to be guilty. She says the other 7 wanted to vote for acquittal.
raison de arizona

It was a good day in AZ.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Dems move to remove indicted fake electors from their committee assignments.
Arizona Senate Democrats @AZSenateDems wrote: PRESS RELEASE: Senator Fernandez Sends Letter Requesting Removal of Indicted Fake Electors from all Committee Assignments #azleg @BrianSFernandez

Swipe for full letter ⬇️
raison de arizona

Well, it was worth a try I guess?
AZSenateRepublicans @AZSenateGOP wrote: 🚨FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Senate President @votewarren Will Not Issue Punishment Without Due Process
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Now that the Arizona House of Representatives has voted to repeal the 1864 abortion ban, the repeal bill will go to the AZ Senate.

Any prognostications as to the bill's chances in the upper house?

Is it safe to assume that, if it passes the Senate, Governor Hobbs will sign it?
raison de arizona

Local yokel (ASU police chief) shows up in street clothes to a student protest at the school with a knife. Starts cutting stuff. Film at 11. (There is film, btw.)
Dave Biscobing @DaveBiscobing15 wrote: This is a screenshot from cell phone video obtained by @abc15.

It shows ASU’s police chief in street clothes at todays’s protest.

He’s cutting tents.

He then slapped the phone out of the hand of the person recording the video.

We’ll have the footage on @Abc15 at 10pm.
► Show Spoiler
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Arrest him!

Oh wait…
raison de arizona

Not content with the indicted Bobb serving in an election integrity position, the RNC steps up (down?) their game.
Arizona state senator indicted in fake electors scheme is tapped for RNC position

Arizona state Sen. Jake Hoffman, one of the so-called fake electors charged in the Arizona 2020 election subversion case, announced Saturday that he’s been elected as a Republican National Committee national committeeman for the state.

“I’m humbled and honored to have been elected as the next RNC National Committeeman for Arizona!,” Hoffman said in a post on X Saturday.

His selection comes just days after a grand jury in Arizona handed up an indictment against former President Donald Trump’s allies, including Hoffman, over their efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss.

CNN previously reported that Hoffman sent a two-page letter to former Vice President Mike Pence on January 5, 2021, asking him to order that Arizona’s electors not be decided by the popular vote of the citizens, but instead by the members of the state legislature.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/29/politics ... index.html
raison de arizona

noblepa wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:43 pm Now that the Arizona House of Representatives has voted to repeal the 1864 abortion ban, the repeal bill will go to the AZ Senate.

Any prognostications as to the bill's chances in the upper house?

Is it safe to assume that, if it passes the Senate, Governor Hobbs will sign it?
It should pass the Senate. The AZ Savage is 16R 14D and there have already been two Rs that have announced they will vote for it. Hobbs will sign. And we are shaping up to have some abortion related initiatives on the ballot this November. Things could turn out not horrible here, I’m cautiously optimistic. When this 1864 ban gets repealed, we’ll be under a 15 week ban, but like I said, I think things will change at election time.
raison de arizona

I'm hardly an expert at Drag Story Hour, although I have been to a few. The purpose, however, of Drag Story Hour is not to "encourage parents to transition their kids." The purpose of Drag Story Hour is largely to promote literacy and reading, and more specifically to provide a space "where kids can learn from LGBTQ+ stories and experiences to love themselves, celebrate the fabulous diversity in their communities, and stand up for what they believe in and each other." (https://www.dragstoryhour.org/about)
AZSenateRepublicans @AZSenateGOP wrote: ⚠️ WARNING: THIS CONTENT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.

Arizona Democrat lawmakers teamed up with Planned Parenthood to host ‘Drag Story Hour’ at the Capitol to encourage parents to transition their kids. This is ahead of LGBTQ+ YOUTH Day at the Capitol tomorrow.

Your taxpayer dollars are hard at work to push child indoctrination and woke ideology onto our citizens. The madness must stop.

We encourage you to make your voices heard at the polls for the November election. Change begins with you!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Not to mention how much little kids love, razzle, dazzle.

For lack of a better way to describe this, and if I’m doing it awkwardly, please forgive me. Here goes.

Children love clowns. Why? They make us laugh, they are entertaining and they wear outrageous costumes. Drag queens make us laugh, are very entertaining and they wear outrageous costumes. What kid wouldn’t love a drag queen?

If my comparison seems degrading, please note I am not using the term clown as an insult. I’m referring to professional clowns who perform at the circus or at birthday parties, or on the boardwalk at a beach side sunset. I love clowns. I love to interact with clowns when I see them on a boardwalk. And I love drag queens. I don’t see a problem.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Post by much ado »

Not all children like clowns. Some are frightened by them. Our son did not like clowns.

This seems to be rather common.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

much ado wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm Not all children like clowns. Some are frightened by them. Our son did not like clowns.

It's a true phobia. I have a relative who has it. It occured after they experienced a nightmare as a young child. To this day NO CLOWNS. Dont even try to joke about it.
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:19 pm
much ado wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm Not all children like clowns. Some are frightened by them. Our son did not like clowns.

It's a true phobia. I have a relative who has it. It occured after they experienced a nightmare as a young child. To this day NO CLOWNS. Dont even try to joke about it.
Coulrophobia, dates back to a long time ago with Jesters and whatnot IIRC
much ado

Post by much ado »

Yes, it can be a true phobia. Our son did not have a phobia, he was just made uncomfortable by them. He did not see them as funny.

I remember not really liking clowns when I was a kid. It may be in part the way the clown presents itself, some are very joking, some are not. It makes a difference.
raison de arizona

much ado wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:32 pm

Yes, it can be a true phobia. Our son did not have a phobia, he was just made uncomfortable by them. He did not see them as funny.

I remember not really liking clowns when I was a kid. It may be in part the way the clown presents itself, some are very joking, some are not. It makes a difference.
A family member has a fear of balloons (globophobia) which often presents itself around clowns. Lots of little kids have a fear of clowns that many grow out of. But not all.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:39 pm Not to mention how much little kids love, razzle, dazzle.

For lack of a better way to describe this, and if I’m doing it awkwardly, please forgive me. Here goes.

Children love clowns. Why? They make us laugh, they are entertaining and they wear outrageous costumes. Drag queens make us laugh, are very entertaining and they wear outrageous costumes. What kid wouldn’t love a drag queen?

If my comparison seems degrading, please note I am not using the term clown as an insult. I’m referring to professional clowns who perform at the circus or at birthday parties, or on the boardwalk at a beach side sunset. I love clowns. I love to interact with clowns when I see them on a boardwalk. And I love drag queens. I don’t see a problem.
Okay, in response to the above exceptions, let's go with "most children love clowns."

In which case, agreed! There are many kinds of performers, and drag queens R cool!
bob

Post by bob »

When ever people talk about drag performers reading, there's this documentary:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

AZ Rs have held prayer services with folks speaking in tongues there recently, but this was apparently a bridge too far.
https://x.com/AZHouseDems/status/1785408967729905847
Arizona House Democrats @AZHouseDems wrote: PRESS RELEASE: 'Not the people's House after all' -- House Democrats respond to outrageous retaliation for hosting drag story hour #azleg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I have several people in my life with this phobia. The only one for whom I do not respect it resolutely is the sumbitch who, knowing one of my own phobias about something else, has twice gone out of his way to trigger it because he thinks it's silly and "weak". As far as I'm concerned, that makes him fair game. But otherwise, yeah, absolutely. This is serious stuff.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe the next thing Republicans should ban are birthday parties featuring a clown with balloon animals. Won’t someone think of the children?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My granddaughter doesn't like clowns or any adult dressed up in costume, even the Easter Bunny. I think it stems from when we took her to a Christmas Festival where a Grinch kept showing up. She was three, and he scared her. She passed the fear of all those things onto her brother
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

All they need is two defections (which they have) in the 16R 14D Senate.
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: NOW GOP Senators TJ Shope (left) & Shawnna Bolick (far right) stand with Dems on 16-14 vote to bring House abortion repeal bill to a vote in Senate. Looks like repeal will happen but it could be slow, painful.
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: WATCH Here's a link to livestream of today's AZ Senate floor session, scheduled to start at 10am AZ time (could be later) https://player.invintus.com/?clientID=6 ... 2024051012

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”