Republicans behaving badly

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Kids don't need breaks, nor do the unemployed need benefits, according to Louisiana's repugnifucks:

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/legi ... 6107a.html

A Louisiana House committee voted Thursday to repeal a law requiring employers to give child workers lunch breaks and to cut unemployment benefits — part of a push by Republicans to remove constraints on employers and reduce aid for injured and unemployed workers.

The House Labor and Industrial Relations panel advanced the child labor legislation, House Bill 156, along with House Bill 119, which would slash the amount of time for which people can collect unemployment aid. A third bill the committee approved, House Bill 529, would change how workers' compensation wages are calculated in ways that could reduce benefits received by some injured laborers.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess any remaining international operating companies will flee the state asap. Anyone could pressure them on the markets for using those laws to for price dumping.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

republicans would like to cancel the entire twentieth century.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm republicans would like to cancel the entire twentieth century.
And 19h as well... :mad: :mad:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

They aren’t happy with the 18th either..

All that democracy stuff..
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm republicans would like to cancel the entire twentieth century.
And probably the last quarter of the 18th.
If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

CALL TO ACTIVISM @CalltoActivism wrote: Holy shit! Republican Congressman Tony Gonzales just called some of his Republican colleagues “real scumbags” on live TV:

“Matt Gaetz, he paid minors to have sex with him at drug parties.”

Call them all out!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

keith wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 am
Frater I*I wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 pm
And probably the last quarter of the 18th.
Instead of "MAGA," the Republicans' slogan should be "Bring Back the Ancien Regime." Their mascot could be "BәBAR the Elephant" (cleverly using the schwa both to avoid trademark infringement as well as to pay tribute to the vowel sound most often used by the party's voters).
raison de arizona

Who will step forward and stop this Republican on Republican violence? Anyone? Bueller?
Mark Maxwell @MarkMaxwellTV wrote: Video from the Perry County Lincoln Day event last night shows State Senator @DLHoskins calling Secretary of State @JayAshcroftMO a “chickensh*t,” and a f*cking coward.” Hoskins claims Ashcroft pointed a finger in his wife’s face. Ashcroft denies it. Story coming on @KSDKNews
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

<insert snotty comment regarding the party of family values here>
Matthew Sheffield @mattsheffield wrote: Fox host Ainsley Earhardt is concerned that Trump's hush money prosecution is going to make it harder for other men who pay off mistresses to run for office.

No wonder evangelicals think Trump is God's servant!
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

We can't survive this level of stupidity.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... ivax-bill/

New Hampshire could soon beat Florida—known for its anti-vaccine Surgeon General—when it comes to loosening vaccine requirements. A first-in-the-nation bill that’s already passed New Hampshire’s state House, sponsored only by Republican legislators, would end the requirement for parents enrolling kids in childcare to provide documentation of polio and measles vaccination. New Hampshire would be the only state in the US to have such a law, although many states allow religious exemptions to vaccine requirements.
raison de arizona

They'll have to change their motto from Live Free or Die to Live Free AND Die.
raison de arizona

Man Who Won Republican Primary from Jail Convicted of Voluntary Manslaughter of His Wife
Andrew Wilhoite could face up to 30 years in prison

An Indiana man who once won a Republican township board primary while in jail on accusations he killed his wife was convicted of voluntary manslaughter.

Andrew Wilhoite was arrested in connection with the death of his wife, Elizabeth "Nikki" Wilhoite in March 2022, the Boone County Sheriff’s Office said at the time. While incarcerated in jail, Andrew was one of three Republican candidates who advanced in a primary election for the Clinton Township Board. The race only drew three candidates, the Associated Press reported.

Nikki was found dead in a creek by Indiana State Police after coworkers reported her missing, PEOPLE previously reported.

"During the course of a domestic dispute, [then] 39-year-old Andrew N. Wilhoite, Elizabeth's husband, had allegedly struck her in the head with a blunt object causing her to lose consciousness," state police said at the time. "He then placed her into a vehicle and drove to a nearby creek where he dumped her body."
:snippity:
https://news.yahoo.com/man-won-republic ... 17171.html
raison de arizona

Make America use wet signatures again! None of this online crap!
Jay Orsi @JayOrsi wrote: BREAKING: Arkansas State Board of Election Commissioners to void registrations and take Arkansas back in time by requiring wet signatures.

@marceelias, your help is needed. #arpx.
raison de arizona

:explode: very irresponsible and harmful to our country
aliciasadowski @aliciasadowski6 wrote: Fox News' Newt Gingrich says Trump's hush money trial is “literally like some of the civil rights workers in Mississippi in the 1960s”
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:46 pm Make America use wet signatures again! None of this online crap!
https://twitter.com/JayOrsi/status/1782462865804320992
Jay Orsi @JayOrsi wrote: BREAKING: Arkansas State Board of Election Commissioners to void registrations and take Arkansas back in time by requiring wet signatures.

@marceelias, your help is needed. #arpx.
Well, that would mean they want also real paper made in the US of A, no bamboo residuals permitted. No electronic submissions, please, no scans of wet ink. Remember those Hawai'i birth certificates? But how about using electronic verified signatures, such as used to mark authenticity of electronic documents, like PDF files? Maybe use PGP to ensure your on the safe side?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Apparently Dr. Benjamin Spock was a communist who wanted to coddle children. FWIW. A lot to break down here.
Heartland Signal @HeartlandSignal wrote: Oklahoma State Rep. Shane Jett (R) criticizes a bipartisan bill restricting corporal punishment in school against students with disabilities, citing Proverbs 13:24:

"Whoever spares the rod hates their child. But the rod of discipline will drive foolishness from their hearts."
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Shane needs to study up on the use of "rod" in the Bible. Shepherds used them to guide their sheep and keep them together or from falling off a cliff or something. They did not use them to whack their sheep. Because why would you beat up your source of income (or food or textiles)?

"Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me." Ps 23. How does a weapon comfort anyone?

Oh, Shane.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Noem killed a dog for being a dog and a goat for being a goat. Maybe she shouldn’t be around animals.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/ ... -goat-book
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

I've never been involved in training a dog as a pet, let alone as a bird dog. But I have an idea that it takes patience and more than a single afternoon. And maybe you start the training before bringing him along on a group hunt. Also, if you have an aggressive untrained dog, it seems like a good idea to use a leash, no?

:confuzzled:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am Noem killed a dog for being a dog and a goat for being a goat. Maybe she shouldn’t be around animals.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/ ... -goat-book
Take it to a rescue shelter you ingnorant shit.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Running mate for a presumed candidate T, killing dogs as a training for future 5th Street events with the boss?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

So when she's not killing off animals, she's pissing off the Native American tribes. I think it's up to four of the reservations now that have forbidden her on their property.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”