Rust and Related Lawsuits

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

What kind of dumbass doesn't know in this day and age that jailhouse calls a recorded and can come back to haunt you....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:callonme:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

It's too bad the clueless don't always have someone telling them what is and what is not a good idea.
Largo al factotum.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Her Attorney's paralegal told her during a call that these calls were recorded. Hannah seems way to self a absorbed to understand how the real world works.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

For anyone interested, NM courts created a "high profile cases" page, which has docket items for cases stemming from the Rust shooting (the only "high profile" cases so far):
https://nmcourts.gov/news/high-profile-cases/

There are now multiple motions to dismiss from Team Baldwin, which will be argued at a May 17 hearing. One based on Grand Jury improprieties and prosecutorial misconduct; one based on destruction of evidence, and one -- which I find a philosophically interesting -- based on failure to allege an offense at all under NM law due to lack of any evidence of the requisite mens rea for involuntary manslaughter. The last requires criminal negligence = subjective awareness of creating a risk to others, per NM case law. The argument there also involves commitments made by the state in the Guittierez trial.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”