Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
tek

Post by tek »

IIRC he's been slapped by a judge before for "whispering to his attorneys" loud enough for the jury to hear.
100% he'll do that again.
We'll see what the judge does about it.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

realist

Post by realist »

:rotflmao:
Image X 4
Image X 32
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Do we know who will be live posting tomorrow? Adam Klasfeld? Is he now on Politico?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I haven't paid much attention to criminal trials so I don't know exactly what goes on. I know they do jury selection fairly early in the process. Is that mostly what will go on tomorrow? Does Trump just sit there like a lump in court while that is done?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm predicting that there will be a lot more police and Reporters than Protesters.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I believe the legal eagles say jury selection could take a couple of weeks at least. I think it's been reported that the judge will be questioning potential jurors individually with same questions vs. having them go in a room and they answer them in writing. All the fun right now will be watching his behavior :roll:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 9170681435
Just four years ago I was a very popular and successful President of the United States, getting more votes than any sitting President in history. Tomorrow morning I’ll be in Criminal Court, before a totally conflicted Judge, a Corrupt Prosecutor, a Legal System in CHAOS, a State being overrun by violent crime and corruption, and Crooked Joe Biden’s henchmen “Rigging the System” against his Political Opponent, ME! I will be fighting for myself but, much more importantly, I will be fighting for our Country. Election Interference like this has never happened in the USA before and, hopefully, will never happen again. We are now a Nation in serious Decline, a Failing Nation, but we will soon be a Great Nation Again. November 5th will be the most important day in the History of the United States. MAGA2024! SEE YOU TOMORROW.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:38 pm I haven't paid much attention to criminal trials so I don't know exactly what goes on. I know they do jury selection fairly early in the process. Is that mostly what will go on tomorrow? Does Trump just sit there like a lump in court while that is done?
Does Donnie get to trash talk the jurors? Inquiring minds want to know.
Largo al factotum.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:oldlady: Forgot to mention, Jen Psaki says she's have Dan Goldman and Preet Bhrarah on Monday evenings show to discuss Monday's events.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"So, what Happened?"

"Well the lawyers stood up and the Judge asked..."

"I MEAN ABOUT TURNIP!!!!"

"Uh... well he sat down."

"AND!"

"Um, He just sat there. Stared at the wall. For 4 hours. But anyway, the Judge sai..."

"AMAZING! NOW WE HAVE WOLF BLITZER FOR 8 HOURS OF ANALYSIS OF THOSE AMAZING 240 TURNIP MINUTES!!!"
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

zekeb wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:27 pm
Nope. The judge will shut him down. Tfg will then cross his arms and pout in silence.

Until a break were he will go into the corridor and yell about how unfair he is being treated and HE DID NOTHING WRONG?!!.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:54 pm
zekeb wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:27 pm
Nope. The judge will shut him down. Tfg will then cross his arms and pout in silence.

Until a break were he will go into the corridor and yell about how unfair he is being treated and HE DID NOTHING WRONG?!!.
I’m sure the judge will shut it down just as much as he shut down trash talking his own wife and daughter.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:17 am
chancery wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:00 pm Terri Kanefield has posted her take on the coming trial: https://terikanefield.com/sex-lies-and- ... documents/

Kanefield is a sober and reliable commentator on criminal law issues, as well as litigation generally. As usual, she's not nearly as sanguine as the members of what she calls the "left-leaning-social media-cable-news-shows industry," whose posts are frequently quoted on TFB.

Recommended.
Yes, definitely an interesting piece. Thanks for the link.

Kanefield is indeed gently rude about the anti-Trump optimists. Her analysis about proving the required mens rea is informative. As Trump is a rich white man with a platoon of lawyers he might well be able to skate a felony verdict for these misdeeds, we'll see.
And Kanefield also provides a brutal timeline for Cohen's lies & perjury. Ordinarily, of course, you do your best not to rely on testimony from a proven liar, and you think long and hard about bringing an action or prosecution that relies on such a witness. I hadn't followed Cohen's saga closely, so I consoled myself by thinking: Sure, he lied for Trump, because Trump's a bad guy, but then he came clean, that's a story that the jury should be able to swallow without too many hiccoughs.

:fingerwag: :fingerwag: :fingerwag:

It's not that simple, and it's not that clean. It's in fact quite gnarly, and if you're not familiar with the history you should read Kanefield for that reason alone.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 31m

☕️ Morning! ⚖️ It's DAY ONE of Donald Trump's #FalsifiedDocuments #ElectionInterference #HushMoney #TrumpCriminalTrial #TrumpTrial

✝️ Kimberly Guilfoyle leads the Invocation: The Best is Yet to Come!

#Donnie #StormyDaniels #TruthSocial #MAGA #Bankruptcy $DJT #Bragg #Merchan

Trump Noises.JPG
Trump Noises.JPG (176.58 KiB) Viewed 430 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

One Simple Reason Trump Dreads Trial That Nobody Is Reporting

https://politizoom.com/one-simple-reaso ... reporting/

:snippity:
No. I’m going to tell you what Trump is flipping out over. Are you ready? Going to trial four days a week is like going to a job and you’re talking about a man who never had a job — not as you and I construe that term. For the yous and mes, a job is where you suit up and show up five days a week, starting in the morning, going until late afternoon. Or, maybe it’s a night or graveyard shift, but you show up for eight hours, five days a week, week after week. Trump has never done that.

When he was in the White House he used to roll into the Oval Office at 11:30 a.m. He can’t do that tomorrow or for the next six to eight weeks. He needs to be there at 9:30 a.m., in his seat and stay there until 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. This is like going to prison for him. He can’t play golf, he can’t screw around and do what he wants to. He needs to be in court.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Oh yes, I like that. Trump encounters the real world.

He is so unprepared.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:25 pm Do we know who will be live posting tomorrow? Adam Klasfeld? Is he now on Politico?
Here's one guy to watch.
Ben Feuerherd
@benfeuerherd
Some good news:

Tomorrow is my first day at POLITICO, where I’ve got a contract to help cover the Trump hush money trial for the next six weeks.

Excited for this opportunity to work alongside the best in the biz.

And excited to get back to work!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Adam is at Politico and reporting nightly with Lawrence O’ Donnell.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Weeks to pick a jury?

Is there a method they can drag this out longer that won't be used?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

@innercitypress is there.

Already giving local color.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:38 pm I haven't paid much attention to criminal trials so I don't know exactly what goes on. I know they do jury selection fairly early in the process. Is that mostly what will go on tomorrow? Does Trump just sit there like a lump in court while that is done?
it will take the week.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

They brought up the fake social media account for the judge's daughter and he rejected the motion to recuse.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Judge Juan Merchan said there will be no court on Monday, April 29.

He also said that while there will be no court on Wednesdays, he could change that schedule if there are excessive delays.

For Passover: "The court will work through lunch until 2 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, April 22 and 23 and Tuesday, April 30 to allow counsel sufficient time to allow counsel to arrive at their holiday destination," Merchan said.

Merchan said that he cannot yet rule on two requests from Trump and an attorney to adjourn the trial for a day so they can attend the high school graduations of their children, saying it depends on how the schedule is going.
Judge said he will ask the jury 2 questions
Judge Juan Merchan is now considering instructions for the jury and said he would ask the jury two questions.

A district attorney's office attorney says it agrees to ask jurors two separate questions: Are jurors unable to serve because of conflicts, and then secondly, asking if they do not believe they can serve in an impartial way.

Merchan said this is "already by far the most exhaustive questionnaire this court has ever used" and said he will not make additional changes.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Plump does not have to be there for Jury Selection, right?
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

Prosecutors ask judge whether they can introduce testimony relating to series of National Enquirer stories

DA's office and Trump attorneys are debating allowing McDougal and Sajudin testimonies

Judge will allow National Enquirer stories into evidence

Judge says he will allow testimony of McDougal

District attorney is seeking to include evidence about Trump's Access Hollywood tape

Judge reiterates prosecutors cannot show Access Hollywood video to jury

Prosecutors want to include evidence about the allegations of sexual assault against Trump

Judge denies request to include evidence about allegations of sexual assault against Tump
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”