Slim Cognito

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Thx all!
ImageImageImage x4
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Slim Cognito

Post by Maybenaut »

I should add, if you inherited real property, you might consider getting the deed recorded in your name.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

As I've mentioned before, I joined a mature women's dance group a while back to help me cope with Hub's health issues and they have been a wonderful source of comfort.

It was made clear to me early on that we are not to discuss politics, not with each other, not with the audience and not on our public Facebook page. I begrudgingly have complied.

But one day I heard a woman say "Republicans are elephants, Democrats are jackasses," I've listened to people bitch about Biden's inflation (none of them appear to know that Florida's inflation is 3x the national average). I've heard them bitch that McDonalds now makes you ask for napkins and condiments, They were certain is was due to Biden's inflation. No, I politely informed them, it's our homeless problem. Ketchup and water make tomato soup. Napkins can be used for toilet paper and feminine hygiene products. Today at breakfast a woman blamed inflation on Biden's crappy administration screwing up the Ports Authority and thankfully DeSantis was working on propping up FL's ports. I had to tell her, Sorry, the big boats don't fit through the Panama Canal and it costs a heckuva lot more for the ones that can, or for the bigger ones to go around SA, than it costs to idle off Long Beach.

Crickets.

Also, today our dance captain shows up in a NOPE baseball cap.

I love (most of) these gals but I have to get out of this state.

[\rant]
ImageImageImage x4
June bug

Slim Cognito

Post by June bug »

As far as I know, NOPE supports Democratic candidates up and down the ballot. Am I missing something?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe I’m missing something but I thought nope was a riff on Obama‘s Hope meme. She never verbalized any affiliation, but she mentioned she had her primary ballot and Democrats didn’t have a primary here in Florida.
ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Slim Cognito

Post by bill_g »

NOPE looks like a progressive effort to me.

NOPE Defending Democracy
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Thx!
ImageImageImage x4
bill_g

Slim Cognito

Post by bill_g »

De nada.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

I haven't mentioned this here because I was afraid of jinxing myself, but I guess now is as good as a time as any to make the announcement.

I was able to sell my house in Southwest Florida. I sold it cheap, sold it in three weeks, and got the hell out. The paperwork has closed, the proceeds are in the bank, I've purchased a place in Albuquerque close to the petroglyphs and close August 9.

I sold most of my furniture, packed a couple of pods which preceded me to Albuquerque and are safely in storage. I left the Fort Myers area Wednesday morning after closing, and spent the next five days driving myself and two geriatric ankle biters in a Nissan Rogue packed to the max, including a cargo carrier, through torrential rain and what had to have been at least a category one hurricane in New Orleans. I arrived this morning at 11:30 mountain time. Ron DeSantis can go fuck himself.

And to all the people who told me that a woman of a certain age can't do it, I say try to stop us.
ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Slim Cognito

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Good for you! :thumbsup:
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Kendra

Slim Cognito

Post by Kendra »

Awesome news, congrats. Been a few decades since I visited NM, but I seem to recall some awesome road drives and scenic adventures. If you're a train geek like me, do check out the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. Or at least like them on FB, they post videos and pics regularly. https://cumbrestoltec.com/
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Slim Cognito

Post by neonzx »

You Escaped!! :thumbsup:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Shizzle Popped »

:groupdance:
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by AndyinPA »

Big congratulations! I have a friend who just moved there, although from Santa Fe, to be closer to her family. Her husband died about five years ago, and she has put if off as long as possible. She wasn't trying to get away from DeSantis.

New Mexico is a lovely state. I think you will be very happy there.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Slim Cognito

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:04 pm I've purchased a place in Albuquerque close to the petroglyphs and close August 9.
Congratulations! I love that part of the world. I haven't spent a ton of time in ABQ, but have gone to all the tourist places north of there -- Santa Fe, the high road to Taos, etc. -- on multiple occasions. The science geek in me has been delighted to visit the Very Large Array radio telescope west of Socorro on several occasions, and I've been to Pie Town, Silver City and the southwest part of the state a couple of times as well. Lots to explore, and the deepest history in the US.

Best wishes for future happiness there and away from DeSantistan!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Slim Cognito

Post by Frater I*I »

Happy for you :clap:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
June bug

Slim Cognito

Post by June bug »

So happy for you and I’m sure you’ll love New Mexico! Lots of warm :bighug: :bighug: and very best wishes!! :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Slim Cognito

Post by Volkonski »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:06 pm Good for you! :thumbsup:
:yeahthat:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Whatever4

Slim Cognito

Post by Whatever4 »

There a few members of the Boogle living in the area! (The real guy and the butterfly lady, I think. Not together though.)
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Slim Cognito

Post by Maybenaut »

Congratulations! Good for you!!!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Slim Cognito

Post by neonzx »

Oh just an afterthought ..
In all the mayhem of settling in to your new home, remember to REGISTER TO VOTE! :biggrin:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Slim Cognito

Post by Foggy »

You go, girlfriend. That is awesome news. Yeah, you gotta hook up with realist for a meal or sumpin'. I could never live in Florida even before DeSantis. :nope:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Slim Cognito

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Way to go, Slim!!!!! :superhero: :rockon: :dog:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Slim Cognito

Post by bill_g »

You go Slim! Right on. A big old blessing on the new home.
sugar magnolia

Slim Cognito

Post by sugar magnolia »

Yay for you! I love that part of the country as a tourist but I HATE moving, so good onya for doing it.

And that Cat 1 you went through in NOLA was their daily afternoon summer shower!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”