TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) NASDAQ:DJT - SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:50 amI guess he might try and get a load, er, load and put them up as collateral.
I read (somewhere) it is standard for such agreements to have a cooling-off period where major shareholders can't pledge the shares for a specified amount of time (often six months).

To prevent, yaknow, a scammer from taking a loan and then junking the company.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Suranis »

Ok. My typos are getting silly.
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I was contemplating that the share price would have flatlined by the time tfg was allowed to sell. Then I heard that the waiting period could be waived. Then I realised that holding large numbers of shares could be one way for anybody to covertly fund tfg. Not holding my breath to see if he comes truly unstuck or yet again slithers away.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bob

Post by bob »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:10 pmThen I heard that the waiting period could be waived.
The conventional wisdom is that an attempt to waive the waiting period likely would draw lawsuits from minority shareholders.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I'm sure it will end well. Everything fuckhead touches...
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:10 pm I was contemplating that the share price would have flatlined by the time tfg was allowed to sell. Then I heard that the waiting period could be waived. Then I realised that holding large numbers of shares could be one way for anybody to covertly fund tfg. Not holding my breath to see if he comes truly unstuck or yet again slithers away.
he owns approx 80M shares, and Devin owns something like 115K, jr owns 0
other investors in the DWAC may be underwater.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:29 pm When will they be listed on the stock exchange?
Yes. If everything goes according to plan, that is.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Rolodex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:46 pm I'm not on that site, but when I see pics of trump's posts (shots on the bird site), there are about 500 reposts and maybe 1500 likes. Not a lot for someone with millions of followers. Obviously who knows when those screen shots are taken.
A quick perusal indicates that his most popular posts (like the crowd favorite “ELECTION INTERFERENCE!”) approach 30k likes. FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Towards the end of his Term the popularity of his posts on Twitter had shriveled, but I think he was still getting 100K likes on his most popular posts. Something like that anyway.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Fact check: Trump tells ‘mind-bogglingly nonsensical’ story about the New York Stock Exchange

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/25/politics ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump told a story on Monday in which he claimed that he decided not to list the Trump Media & Technology Group on the New York Stock Exchange, even though the exchange “badly” wanted the company, because businesspeople are “treated too badly in New York” and “don’t want to be attacked by a thug like this horrible attorney general that we have in New York.”

There is one problem. The story does not make any sense.

Facts First: The stock exchange on which the Trump Media & Technology Group is being listed, the Nasdaq, is also headquartered in New York. In fact, the Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange are located in the same New York City borough of Manhattan. In other words, all of the New York laws and political oversight that would have applied to the company if it was listed on the NYSE will apply to the company when it is listed on the Nasdaq.

“It’s just mind-bogglingly nonsensical,” Jonathan Macey, a Yale Law School corporate law, corporate finance and securities law professor, said of Trump’s story.

Macey repeatedly laughed while discussing the story in an interview. He said it would be the equivalent of someone claiming that, to avoid persecution in New York, they were going to avoid shopping at Macy’s in New York but instead would shop at the Bloomingdale’s store next door in New York. He said: “Like, what?”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:03 pm Fact check: Trump tells ‘mind-bogglingly nonsensical’ story about the New York Stock Exchange
It's like the dude's central nervous system nugget (I refuse to call it a 'brain' anymore) hears the syllables 'New York' and it launches his bullshit override process in which a poor previous generation A.I. has to throw together something insulting and gratuitous that is basically word salad but is coherent enough to track with 'New York' and has his cultists following along nodding going "That makes total sense and you have Trump Derangement Syndrome if you dont agree!"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Trump really isn't that stupid — at least he wasn't back before he was so orangely obnoxious.

Anybody, everybody, makes occasional slips or has "duhhh!" moments. But this chronic pattern is surely dementia rotting his brainlet, perhaps exacerbated by stress about his court cases and his nonsensical campaign.

If people and family around Trump cared for his welfare (apparently they don't) they would try to persuade him that indeed he was the best president ever and the greatest businessman and deal-maker of all time but why not enjoy retirement being the most skillful golfer in America and let his lawyers sort out his legal problems? I think the term in dementia care is "joining the hallucination."

Trump's best legal strategy might be to exaggerate the dementia to avoid criminal responsibility (if something like that is possible in state and/or federal courts).
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Trump Derangement Symptoms
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Trump’s wealth surges by $5.5bn as Truth Social starts trading in New York”:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... -rate-cut/

“Donald Trump has entered the ranks of the world’s 500 richest people after shares in his social media company surged on their Wall Street debut.
Shares in Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), the entity behind Mr Trump’s Twitter rival Truth Social, rose by more than 50pc at one point after it arrived on the Nasdaq exchange through a merger with a listed cash shell.
This values Mr Trump’s majority stake in the company at more than $5.5bn (£4.3bn), sending his estimated net worth to more than $8bn.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:o oh my --- the first time in his life he can truly claim to be a billionaire :cantlook:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:41 pm Trump's best legal strategy might be to exaggerate the dementia to avoid criminal responsibility (if something like that is possible in state and/or federal courts).
Vincent "the chin" Gigante had some success with the bathrobe defense where he would be seen wandering around NY in his jammies and robe. One big difference is when he took over the family, he was a recluse. Trump is a narcissist.
101010 :towel:
Sam the Centipede

northland10 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:49 am Trump is a narcissist.
Exactly so. And narcissism with onsetting dementia is not a foundation for any successful defense or mitigation of outcome.

I spend enough hours with mildly or severely demented patients, some distressed, some contented, that I don't wish it on anybody. But Trump deserves and gets no sympathy from me and if it is his dementia-driven lack of impulse control that lands him a spell in a room with bars on the window, no problem, hilarity ensues.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If, And it’s a huge if, he gets sent to prison, my guess is he’ll land a facility for elderly convicts in poor health.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Sam the Centipede

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:47 am If, And it’s a huge if, he gets sent to prison, my guess is he’ll land a facility for elderly convicts in poor health.
If Letitia James and her team get their act together, there should soon be some real estate that can be converted into appropriate residential accommodation. The Mierda Larda Penitientiary?

Perhaps E. Jean Carroll will sponsor some bars for the windows.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

northland10 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:49 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:41 pm Trump's best legal strategy might be to exaggerate the dementia to avoid criminal responsibility (if something like that is possible in state and/or federal courts).
Vincent "the chin" Gigante had some success with the bathrobe defense where he would be seen wandering around NY in his jammies and robe. One big difference is when he took over the family, he was a recluse. Trump is a narcissist.
Exactly. And the fact he is a Narcisit and vain to boot is exactly why he physically cannot stop running for president again.

His presidency is tainted. He knows it. he know that future generations will see that he will be marked down as a guy who was impeached twice. He cannot stand the camparison He knows he lost spectacularly in 2020. Everything he does is to try and make that go away, to stop people seeing that he is a loser.

Why do you think he never used the official presidency twitter? Its because he felt everyone would be comparing his tweets with the writings of other presidents, comparing his tweets to Obama#s. He knew he wouldn't look good by comparison. So he hid in his own account.

Narcissism is basically people making insane destructive attempts to stop people seeing that they are the loser that deep down they know they are. If you regard everything he does as not as an arrogant jerk, but as a man desperate to coverup his shortcomings and convince everyone they don't exist, it makes a lot more sense.

Plus. he knows that his rancid presidency run is the only reason people pay any attention to him anymore.

There probably are people around him desperate to see him quit this. But if they so much as whisper that idea to him he will explode. And when he loses this time he will run again, and again. If he stopped it would be admitting he is a small incompetent nobody, and that would mean mental self destruction.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Bill Grueskin @BGrueskin wrote: Trump's Truth Social company posted its new financials to the SEC today.

The firm generated just $4.1 million (with an M) revenue for all of 2023, while racking up $58 million in net losses.

Market cap is > $6 billion.

(This isn't an April 1 joke.)

https://app.quotemedia.com/data/downloa ... 2024-04-01
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Isn't it a coincidence that it was floated on the Stock exchange just BEFORE that came out
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

How much does Nunez earn for running his money destruction machine ?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I wonder if a post-dated offer for tfg’s shares was made at the opening day’s price…
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Well, this is fun to watch.

DJT hit a high of $79.38 last Tuesday.

It ended last week at $61.96. Down 21.9%.

Today? It just keeps dropping. At this moment, it's $50.70. So down 36.1% from the high.

:lol:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”