8 Passengers - Ruby Franke - Jodi Hildebrandt

Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I find this guy can be a thoughtful commentator on things. I haven't listened to this myself yet but I'm dropping it here in case someone else wants to have a listen.

This is a 3 year old video on what 8 passengers means in the wider context of Family stuff used as "reality" entertainment television. So probably out of date but gives thought on how abusive this whole steaming pile of rot is.

Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Ruby Franke: Parenting advice YouTuber given maximum sentence for child abuse”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68353302

“A Utah woman whose harsh parenting advice built her a massive YouTube following has been sentenced to four to 60 years in prison.
Ruby Franke, 42, previously pleaded guilty to accusations of starving and abusing her children.
She appeared in court on Tuesday along with her former business partner Jodi Hildebrandt, 54, who received an identical sentence.
The judge sentenced both to serve four terms of one to 15 years each.
The sentences will run consecutively and are the maximum for each count under Utah law. How much time each will ultimately serve will be determined by the state's parole board.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:30 pm “Ruby Franke: Parenting advice YouTuber given maximum sentence for child abuse”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68353302

“A Utah woman whose harsh parenting advice built her a massive YouTube following has been sentenced to four to 60 years in prison.
Ruby Franke, 42, previously pleaded guilty to accusations of starving and abusing her children.
She appeared in court on Tuesday along with her former business partner Jodi Hildebrandt, 54, who received an identical sentence.
The judge sentenced both to serve four terms of one to 15 years each.
The sentences will run consecutively and are the maximum for each count under Utah law. How much time each will ultimately serve will be determined by the state's parole board.”
I'm good with the 60.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

60 sounds good.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Oh my. Some of the evidence was released to the public. Photos, documents, video, etc. Be careful of the photos, they include photos of the children's ankles. The young girls wounds are healed but the 12 year old boy is photographed with shocking deep wounds caused by being hogtied with rough textured rope. I wasn't prepared to see this, be careful.

The documents are interesting and disturbing as well. Apparently Ruby and Jodi were both going to sell their homes so they could buy acreage in the desert in order to provide an environment for further torturing of the two youngest Franke children, who they accused of being possessed by demons. Ruby's journal details some of the torture perpetrated on the two young children.

Video shows how angry, sullen, and uncooperative they were when arrested, particularly Ruby Franke. She was just a flat out bitch.

https://cloud.washco.utah.gov/index.php ... d?path=%2F
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I was prepared. Much longer and it would have been down to the bone, especially since he was emaciated.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 pm Video shows how angry, sullen, and uncooperative they were when arrested, particularly Ruby Franke. She was just a flat out bitch.

I couldn't figure out which video this was--do you recall the name?
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:01 pm
RVInit wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 pm Video shows how angry, sullen, and uncooperative they were when arrested, particularly Ruby Franke. She was just a flat out bitch.

I saw an episode of 20/20 (or maybe Dateline?) that had all this. It's so tragic.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:01 pm

Try the one labelled Child_Abuse_Neg1h55m.mp4 You can fast forward until you see where they are handcuffing Ruby. That's where it starts with her attitude.

And the audio is really disturbing. Jordan and MacKay do a good job of sifting through it and playing the most interesting portions. It's long, but I think they have chapters so you can go to the ones that interest you most.

--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

All in hindsight--several people in the live chat described that house as 'creepy.' It's more that it's soulless--there's not a lot of sign of personality, life, or color. It's more dead and institutional. How was Jodi Hildebrandt able to afford such an enormous house?
VINS, UTAH — Roughly one week after Jodi Hildebrandt pleaded guilty to four charges of aggravated child abuse, her 10,000+ square foot home in Ivins, Utah has officially been put up for sale.

As of Wednesday, January 3, 2024, the home on 854 Tawgoo Court in the Kayenta area of Ivins was listed by Fathom Realty for a purchase price of $5,300,000. The listing describes the property as 'a true masterpiece, with stunning features and finishes that will take your breath away.'

The property features a 10,124 sq. ft. living area, a five-car garage, pool and hot tub and more. The listing can be found on Fathom Realty's listing page but also on other real estate listing sites such as Zillow and Coldwell Banker.
Zillow listing
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:59 am All in hindsight--several people in the live chat described that house as 'creepy.' It's more that it's soulless--there's not a lot of sign of personality, life, or color. It's more dead and institutional. How was Jodi Hildebrandt able to afford such an enormous house?
VINS, UTAH — Roughly one week after Jodi Hildebrandt pleaded guilty to four charges of aggravated child abuse, her 10,000+ square foot home in Ivins, Utah has officially been put up for sale.

As of Wednesday, January 3, 2024, the home on 854 Tawgoo Court in the Kayenta area of Ivins was listed by Fathom Realty for a purchase price of $5,300,000. The listing describes the property as 'a true masterpiece, with stunning features and finishes that will take your breath away.'

The property features a 10,124 sq. ft. living area, a five-car garage, pool and hot tub and more. The listing can be found on Fathom Realty's listing page but also on other real estate listing sites such as Zillow and Coldwell Banker.
Zillow listing
Apparently the reason most of the rooms were empty was that she actually had started putting all her belongings in storage in anticipation of selling the house. Jodi was going to buy land out in the desert further away from prying eyes where Ruby described that they could teach these two young children in earnest. They would have been killed. Jodi and Ruby were headed towards Chad and Lori Daybell territory. In her diary there is at least one reference to "God wanting me in jail and my children dead".

In addition, Ruby set up "tests" to see if her husband was worthy to someday come home. One of the tests Ruby presented to him was to sign anything she put in front of him without reading it. I have no doubt she was planning to have him sign over he house so she could sell it and move all the kids to the desert compound. Jodi found the property after the 12 year old's first attempt to run away from Jodi's home. He likely saved the lives of himself and his younger sister at the least, and possibly the older kids would have been next.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I like the house, but would need a shaman to see if s/he could clear it of the cruel, negative energy embedded in it before even bidding on it.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:06 am I like the house, but would need a shaman to see if s/he could clear it of the cruel, negative energy embedded in it before even bidding on it.
It's too rambling for me. And a five-car garage.

Still would like to know how she afforded it.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jodi Hildebrandt’s niece reported mistreatment to police in 2010
According to the report, the minor described Hildebrandt as “mean” and “very strict,” sharing examples, including claims that Hildebrandt forced the niece to sleep in a sleeping bag outside of Hildebrandt’s home, only allowed them to shower for seven minutes at a time, at one point placed duct tape over the minor’s mouth to prevent the teen from talking, and limited their clothing. The teen shared they had been wearing the same clothes for three weeks and were not enrolled in school.

The juvenile also told police Hildebrandt called them a liar and said they were “going to be a cheap hooker one day.”

According to the report, when asked whether they were being physically abused, the juvenile said no. The teen couldn’t explain some of Hildebrandt’s reported actions but said limiting their clothing and not enrolling them in school was “Jodi’s methods of counseling.”

The report details failed attempts to get in contact with Hildebrandt, then a conversation with the teen’s father, who is Hildebrandt’s brother. The father said the teen was in Utah being counseled by Hildebrandt and claimed contacting the police was a “ploy” to get out of going to a wilderness camp he wanted to send the teen to. As for being forced to sleep outside, the father told police, “That occurred one time and this was a way to show (redacted) what it would be like to sleep outside,” the report states.
There's more at the link. It sounds like she was trying to skirt being openly abusive.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

What I find frightening is the amount of followers these two "influencers" garnered. I wonder how many still support these monsters?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Also, well before Franke hooked up with Hildebrandt, there were already disturbing things happening, and Kevin Franke said they were being taken out of context, blah blah blah. I don't think he's guiltless. When he was being told about what happened, he didn't immediately say, "HOW ARE THEY?" He said, "I don't know the details, but what you describe sounds horrible."

This whole video has some of the key bits, including the conversation between the distressed neighbor and the 911 dispatcher. This starts at the interview with Kevin Franke.

There's also an interview with a former Hildebrandt client, who said she's pathological. Ted Bundy's name even comes up.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

In the interview between the distressed neighbor and the 911 dispatcher, the neighbor sounds as though he is desperately trying to hold it together to avoid further traumatizing the child.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This video pieces together a lot, from the boy seeking help to key parts of the journal and timeline to jailhouse calls, to multiple calls with Kevin and his greater knowledge of Hildebrandt than he initially admitted, to the purported supernatural. Whoa.

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:12 am This video pieces together a lot, from the boy seeking help to key parts of the journal and timeline to jailhouse calls, to multiple calls with Kevin and his greater knowledge of Hildebrandt than he initially admitted, to the purported supernatural. Whoa.

I'm halfway through this; these people, all of them, are scum, including that husband.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Hope they have to do the full 30.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Resume18 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:02 pm I'm halfway through this; these people, all of them, are scum, including that husband.
Yeah, he didn't see the minor children for at least a year, which struck me as abnormal. Who agrees to that? And in the parts I've seen he never asks how R and E are. I think I mentioned earlier years ago when people expressed concern about the way the kids were being treated, he said what people had seen was out of context. I suspect he knew more than he let on.

Also, something comes up you can guess at--those wounds smelled.

As RVInit and several YouTube commenters said, if they'd gotten to a more remote location they were going to kill those kids.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sorry if this double posted. I couldn't find it after I posted. This is awful, some of the details from Ruby's journal.

--Colin Kaepernick
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

RVInit wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:57 pm Sorry if this double posted. I couldn't find it after I posted. This is awful, some of the details from Ruby's journal.

It's in the Kari Lake thread.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Not any more, I cleaned up the Kari thread.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “Bundys and their elk”