Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

The part I listened to seemed reasonable. Get commonsense regulations in place before getting blindsided by new tech, as long as they're not blocking progress, seems to be a good thing.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:40 pm Also, it has a nasty habit of wiping the immune memory. All those "naturally acquired immunities" your child had? Gone. Look forward to several more years of non-stop childhood illnesses.
I wonder if dozy parents being more generally aware of this "immune amnesia"* and the consequent miserable reprise of childhood infections and the loss of protection from earlier vaccinations might provoke some to be more diligent about getting MMR vaccination? The true believer anti-vaxers obviously won't be swayed but maybe a significant fraction of parents are simply thinking "ooo, I dunno, how do I know it's perfectly safe for my little lambkin?, I hear such bad stories, no, I won't take the risk with my darlings."
_________
* caused by the measles virus infecting, hijacking and killing the victim's immune memory cells, both B-cells and T-cells (lymphocytes), it's both horrible and fascinating
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

The latest from The Mountain Of Stupid, lettuce is now carrying vaccines. No, really, just ask Scott Cepicky:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/re ... r-BB1iMQkJ

A Tennessee state lawmaker said during a recent legislative session that various companies and medical entities are capable of injecting vaccines into lettuce, tomatoes and tobacco.

Republican state Representative Scott Cepicky said during a House Health Committee hearing on Wednesday that the public should be wary about vaccines being intentionally put into foods commonly found at grocery stores, much to the chagrin of Democratic chairman John Ray Clemmons.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The FDA and CDC will want to know about this new method. Do they spray the crop prior to harvesting? Do the flying crop dusters now need medical certification? Does Wallmart lease their hidden tunnels to a clandestine vegetable injection line while the pharma industry delivers vaccines in unsigned tanker trucks?

:cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :twisted:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This is very National Enquirer-ish. They'd run stories about the ginormous amounts of money the gov't was spending on research into the love life of squirrels or summat, then if you were skeptical about the presentation (like me) you'd find out it was about cancer drug research or summat. This was back in the 70s, before social media. The outrage tickling was thriving even then.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

This qualifies as leadership.

We're doomed.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

We have had goofy state reps for many, many, many years but we generally did not hear about their every utterance. Now, we do.

Apparently, there has been research into the subject at hand, but it has not created anything viable, but that is usually enough for somebody to create a scare speech from it.
101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

About 300 people at California hospital possibly exposed to measles after child goes for treatment

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/10/us/calif ... index.html
A California medical facility is trying to contact about 300 people who were possibly exposed to measles after a child was treated for the contagious viral illness at a hospital in Sacramento last week, officials said.

The child had returned from international travel and was evaluated March 5 at UC Davis Health’s emergency department between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. PT., Sacramento County officials said in a news release.

The hospital said it “has the situation under control” and noted it began contacting about 300 in the facility who may have been exposed. It said, “There are no additional potential exposures at UC Davis Medical Center beyond those people who have been identified and contacted.”

“UC Davis has a record of each patient and employee in the Emergency Department that day, and notifications about potential exposure are being sent through phone calls, the electronic medical record’s online messaging portal, letters, in person, and to the care teams of patients who were admitted from the Emergency Department during the time period,” hospital officials said in a news release.

Those who are unvaccinated against measles, or those with unknown vaccination status who were at UC Davis Medical Center’s emergency department during that time, are at risk of developing measles between seven to 21 days after exposure, Sacramento County public health officials said.

People who were at risk were asked to review their immunization records, contact their health provider and monitor themselves for illness.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

CDC sending team to Chicago amid measles outbreak

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... press.coop
“CDC is sending a team of experts to support the local response to the recent measles cases with arrival expected tomorrow. CDC continues to recommend the safe and effective MMR [measles, mumps and rubella] vaccination as part of the routine immunizations schedule for all children and adults, with special guidance for international travel. We will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available,” the agency confirmed to The Hill in a Tuesday statement.

As of Monday, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) has confirmed five measles cases in the city, with four at a migrant shelter in the Pilsen neighborhood. The two most recent cases were confirmed in adults at the shelter who are in stable condition.

“Because some Chicagoans on the whole are unvaccinated, there remains an opportunity for the virus to spread. CDPH is, therefore, treating this response as a citywide one and is calling on all eligible unvaccinated residents to get vaccinated now. Most Chicagoans are routinely vaccinated in childhood and therefore not at high risk,” the CDPH said in a statement.

The department said it evaluated and immunized 900 shelter residents against measles, mumps, and rubella over the weekend while also accessing the immunity status of 700 others.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

He probably owes himself millions.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Oh yeah. I keep a running record of everyone's vax status. I mean literally e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e. /bullshit
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I keep track of every elderly person who was vaxxed who dies. I mean, elderly people shouldn’t die. It’s not natural.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dang - i must also too miss that vaccine against prostate cancer :violin:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”