CPAC Conferences

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: CPAC Conference 2021

Post by Frater I*I »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 am She's not real clear on US history, is she?
Makes her the perfect GOP voter...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:28 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 am She's not real clear on US history, is she?
And congressman.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

I suspect that she was educated in the No Child Left Behind era. Reading and math were emphasized and civics/history was deemphasized.
Largo al factotum.
tek

Post by tek »

zekeb wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:07 pm
I suspect that she was educated in the No Child Left Behind era. Reading and math were emphasized and civics/history was deemphasized.
And neither set was really taught and learned anyway.

"teach to the test"
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:40 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:28 pm
And congressman.
ZING!!!! :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

She lost me here...
I say that because racism was never put in words [...] in the Constitution,

Has she ever seen this part? Is it fake news???
United States Contitution, Article 1. Section 2 wrote:... Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:59 pm

She lost me here...

United States Contitution, Article 1. Section 2 wrote:... Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons...
Where’s my emoticon of the guy wildly waving his arm? I know this one!

“Irish people were slaves too so that isn’t racist.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Irish people were indentured servants for a set number of years, not slaves. Not in America at least.

But since we are on the subject, Native Americans were used as slaves, both pre-European settlement between the tribes and later by the Europeans.
The Virginia General Assembly defined some terms of slavery in 1705:[19]

All servants imported and brought into the Country ... who were not Christians in their native Country ... shall be accounted and be slaves. All Negro, mulatto and Indian slaves within this dominion ... shall be held to be real estate. If any slave resists his master ... correcting such slave, and shall happen to be killed in such correction ... the master shall be free of all punishment ... as if such accident never happened.
The Native American slave trade had largely died out by 1750, however. It's interesting reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_a ... ted_States
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I missed this.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Does he go by Q?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

tek wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:56 pm
zekeb wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:07 pm
And neither set was really taught and learned anyway.

"teach to the test"
While I agree with how schools were pushed to teach to the test, I am not ready to blame schools for lack of teaching. Over the last 10 years, I have watched attorneys who passed law school (some in some rather high-level law schools), passed the bar, and then practiced for decades, and yet, they seem completely unable to understand basic legal concepts as shown in their court filings.

I don't think the issue is how much they were taught, or even how much they bothered to actually learn. The issue is, they don't care what they may have learned earlier. They want what they want and historical facts are of no concern. They also know their audience doesn't care either.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

covfefe wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:01 am
Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:59 pm

She lost me here...

Where’s my emoticon of the guy wildly waving his arm? I know this one!

“Irish people were slaves too so that isn’t racist.”

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gregg, we need Lt. Root Beer to fix all this nonsense, please call in the 699th!

Sadz at the Gateway House of Boys (and Pundits):
YouTube Deletes All Copies of President Trump’s CPAC Speech, Suspends RSBN for Two Weeks
By Kristinn Taylor Published March 4, 2021 at 12:21pm

YouTube has deleted all copies of President Trump’s speech to CPAC given last Sunday in Orlando and has suspended the account of Right Side Broadcasting Network for two weeks as apparent punishment for live streaming the speech in which Trump reiterated his belief the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him.

YouTube took down videos from mainstream outlets including the U.K. Independent which had over one million views as well as Fox, Fox Business, ABC News and the U.K. Sun. A search of YouTube that earlier this week showed several channels with archived live streams of the speech now shows all archived live streams have been taken down.

Trump’s speech was wildly popular, with upward of over 30 million streaming views across several platforms being reported. CNN reported about 5.8 million viewers watched the speech on cable TV’s Fox News Channel and another 1.5 million watched on Newsmax, making Trump’s speech the most watched on all of cable for February and besting the Golden Globes awards show on broadcast over the air on NBC later Sunday that was watched by 6.9 million viewers.

TGP reported Monday on some of the view counts of Trump’s speech on YouTube: Right Side Broadcasting 3.7 million; The Independent 1,000,000; The Hill 906,000; Reuters: 902,000; News Now 818,000; ABC Australia 352,000; SKY News 222,000; ABC News 208,000;FOX 35 Orlando 50,000.

RSBN announced the suspension Thursday, noting they had foretold the action by YouTube after they ran Trump’s speech on Sunday, “President Trump talked about election fraud. That’s a big no-no on some platforms we stream to. We try to play by the rules, but we will not censor President Trump. We’re not going to remove or edit this video. Just so we’re all clear- if it gets removed, we didn’t do it.”

Update: YouTube removed the CPAC Trump speech and suspended us for two weeks. https://t.co/nyh2vCOHVJ
— RSBN 🇺🇸 (@RSBNetwork) March 4, 2021

The video was approaching 4 million views. They have also removed it from their platform.
— RSBN 🇺🇸 (@RSBNetwork) March 4, 2021
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... two-weeks/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

And now there's one in Dallas. If anyone wants to see what kind of crap they're spewing - https://twitter.com/CPAC
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jr: I totally understand addiction. It’s terrible. We all know people that have suffered from it. It doesn’t absolve from being a total piece of garbage in every other aspect of your life… It doesn’t absolve you from selling out your country
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This clip of Rep. Mo Brooks lying about the 2020 election at CPAC Dallas shows how Trumpers are just as radical as they were on January 6. These lies will be central to their campaigns in 2022 and beyond.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

didn't they just have one?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:52 pm
Jr: I totally understand addiction. It’s terrible. We all know people that have suffered from it. It doesn’t absolve from being a total piece of garbage in every other aspect of your life… It doesn’t absolve you from selling out your country
Every irony meter inside the orbit of Neptune exploded at the same time. It was visible in the Zebulon Nebula.

:eek:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Exclusive: Stewart Rhodes, founder of right-wing Oath Keepers militia, spotted at CPAC
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The big CPAC party tonight is “AMERIPALOOZA,” where for around 100$, you can bowl and party with the likes of Rep. Ronny Jackson and far-right Rep. Lauren Boebert.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

My impression is that many Republicans have a limited knowledge about history.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

So I watched the clip, and he says "not the British, but for survival" after the "fought at Valley Forge" part...

Trent Reznor

Return to “Current Politics”