Alleged Palestinian Genocide

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
ZinWhit

Alleged Palestinian Genocide

Post by ZinWhit »

Edit: The original poster decided to delete the post - Foggy
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
Suranis

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Suranis »

From Carnival in Germany

Hamas.jpg
Hamas.jpg (191.31 KiB) Viewed 760 times

That is all.
Hic sunt dracones
ZinWhit

Palestinian Genocide

Post by ZinWhit »

Uninformed

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Uninformed »

The term “genocide” seems somewhat inappropriate whereas “ethnic cleansing” might be more fitting if only the Palestinians had somewhere to go…
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
p0rtia

Palestinian Genocide

Post by p0rtia »

Lived in Egypt 17 years. Two things to say right now:

We should try to avoid getting sucked in to arguing about terminology.

I adopt the words of Cory Booker, who said that he was on the side of the victims of violence.
ZinWhit

Palestinian Genocide

Post by ZinWhit »

MN-Skeptic

Palestinian Genocide

Post by MN-Skeptic »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:35 pm Lived in Egypt 17 years. Two things to say right now:

We should try to avoid getting sucked in to arguing about terminology.

I adopt the words of Cory Booker, who said that he was on the side of the victims of violence.
:yeahthat:
busterbunker

Palestinian Genocide

Post by busterbunker »

It's fucking genocide and about time somebody fucking admits it. A shitload of Michigan just voted Uncommitted. You can dick around with your Bundy and Rittenhouse. You sow what you reap.
ZinWhit

Palestinian Genocide

Post by ZinWhit »

p0rtia

Palestinian Genocide

Post by p0rtia »

busterbunker wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:49 am It's fucking genocide and about time somebody fucking admits it. A shitload of Michigan just voted Uncommitted. You can dick around with your Bundy and Rittenhouse. You sow what you reap.
FTR, I would have voted Uncommitted as a protest, too.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Palestinian Genocide

Post by RTH10260 »

ZinWhit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:19 am I created this topic bcause I think it's weird that Fogbow hasn't one after 3+ months of genocide.

Zionism is evil.

Free Palestine.
While I concur that Israel has a Palestinian problem at hand since the declaration of statehood back in 1948, I do not agree that the collateral damage in the Gaza strip can be called a genocide. Else I may want to call out the US and the UK on what they did to Germany in WW2. Also too, do you call the yearly number of human roadkill in the US a genocide (in the 40K+ range compared to now 30K in Gaza).
p0rtia

Palestinian Genocide

Post by p0rtia »

See above re arguing terminology. Call it what you will; speak your truth.
busterbunker

Palestinian Genocide

Post by busterbunker »

Fogbow: Falsehoods Unchallenged Only Fester and Grow.

Palestinian Genocide: 6 months, 30,000+ killed. 13 posts.

Kinda speaks for itself, huh?
Suranis

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Suranis »

30000 killed according to Hamas. These are the people that instantly declared that 500 people had been killed when part of a Missile hit the parking lot of Rafah Hospital earlier in the war. This turned out to be complete BS.

This has 13 posts because the premise of the title is false. While I don't think anyone believes that the Israelis give much of a shit whether Palestinians die or not, this is not a Genocide as the object of the exercise is NOT to wipe Palestinians out. They are NOT just blowing up house with the objective of killing the people inside.

The Aforementioned Rafah Hospital DID have the headquarters of Hamas in its Basement. How do I know that? Well, I don't in the legal sense. But it DID back in 2014 when Amnesty international snuck into the place and found that it had a headquarters there AND that it had torture rooms down there as well. And they weren't torturing Israelis. So Hamas have form in using the hospital as its headquarters.
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... -conflict/

Gaza: Palestinians tortured, summarily killed by Hamas forces during 2014 conflict
So, how would you deal with a place that has been turned into a maze of Boobytrapped tunnels that would make Vietnam look like Golf course?

Also, the Gaza Strip is 22 miles line and about 7 Miles wide. Its tiny.

If its taken the Israelis 6 months to get to this point in such a tiny place, then they are being extremely meticulous and slow. And they must be meeting a Hell of a lot of resistance as well by the so called helpless Palestinians and Hamas. If the Israelis were just going about massacring the people in there, then the death toll would be a lot more than 30,000.

The might be emulating the example of Assad in Syria who herded Palestinians into Camps and starved them to death. https://www.timesofisrael.com/three-yea ... -in-sight/
Assad is starving Palestinians to death in a Syrian camp, and nobody cares

150,000 used to live in Yarmouk, now there are 20,000; Israel worries about the Golan, where Islamists control much of the border area
By Avi Issacharoff 14 March 2014, 10:15 am
Yes there's lots of pictures of Crying Palestinians on our screens. But behind every Camera I would bet you there is a Hamas Gunman saying "cry, or else I'll make your whole family cry."

So, no, I don't class this as a Genocide. Its a terrible situation, But looking at it from Israels point of view they have been getting nothing but Attacks out of the place for decades, while sending in shipments of food to fulfill its obligations as an occupier. So its high time to go into the place and eliminate the threat.

If a place the size of half a county was doing all that on the Border of the USA, you would have done it a long time ago.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Palestinian Genocide

Post by RTH10260 »

Five killed and 10 injured in Gaza aid airdrop when parachute fails to open
Package ‘fell down like a rocket’ on roof of house near al-Shati refugee camp where people were waiting, a witness says

Jason Burke in Jerusalem and agencies
Fri 8 Mar 2024 19.11 CET

Five people have been killed and 10 injured in Gaza when they were hit by a pallet of aid parachuted into the territory as part of a humanitarian airdrop.

Witnesses said the accident happened on Friday morning near the coastal refugee camp known as al-Shati, one of the most devastated parts of Gaza, after a parachute attached to the pallet failed to deploy properly and the parcel fell on a group of men, teenagers and younger children hoping to obtain food and other supplies.

Several hundred thousand people are facing famine in northern Gaza, where they live among the ruins of their homes, without sewage, electricity or any other basic services.

The casualties were taken to Gaza City’s al-Shifa hospital, the emergency room’s head nurse, Mohammed al-Sheikh, said.

A witness from the camp said he and his brother had followed the parachuted aid in the hope of getting “a bag of flour”.

“Then, all of a sudden, the parachute didn’t open and fell down like a rocket on the roof of one of the houses,” said Mohammed al-Ghoul. “Ten minutes later I saw people transferring three martyrs and others injured, who were staying on the roof of the house where the aid packages fell.”

The US and Jordan are among the countries to have carried out airdrops in northern Gaza, where hundreds of thousands of people are facing dire conditions after more than five months of war.

A US defense official told AFP that “the US did not cause the fatalities during our airdrop in Gaza,” while a Jordanian military source said none of the kingdom’s four aircraft that took part in the operation were involved in the fatalities.

“We are aware of reports of civilians killed as a result of humanitarian airdrops. We express sympathies to the families of those who were killed. Contrary to some reports, this was not the result of U.S. airdrops,” US central command said in a post on X late on Friday.

Referring to the five people killed on Friday, the government media office in Hamas-run Gaza said airdrops were “futile” and “not the best way for aid to enter”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... tness-says
Uninformed

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Uninformed »

Israel / Palestine; what happens when colonial powers decide the future of a region, and as can be expected walk away from the almost inevitable interminable consequences.

One can speculate about the motives behind the horrendous actions of (factions of?) Hamas, just as one can speculate about how Israel were caught unaware and their current objectives.

One thing that need not be speculated about is that whether it’s called “Hamas” or not, sooner or later there will be Palestinians (and other parties ready to exploit the situation) seeking “revenge”.

Perhaps the current “colonial powers” should give a part of another region to the Palestinians? /s
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Foggy »

I am, fellow forumlings, going to delete a whole stupid subdiscussion. A page of the forum, wasted because Suranis is a supporter of genocide, who knew? :lol: I'll go back to there.
Edit: OK, clean up complete. Apologies.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Uninformed

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Uninformed »

No apology needed.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Foggy »

Well, sure, I left your post intact, didn't I? :lol:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Suranis »

I always miss the good stuff. :(
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Uninformed »

Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:17 pm Well, sure, I left your post intact, didn't I? :lol:
:rotflmao:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Palestinian Genocide

Post by Flatpoint High »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:11 pm The term “genocide” seems somewhat inappropriate whereas “ethnic cleansing” might be more fitting if only the Palestinians had somewhere to go…
to be absolutely cruel - the Houthi controlled part of Yemen would take them... maybe
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR

Return to “Current Politics”