trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist - $83M)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

New Survey of Scholars Finds Lincoln Remains America’s Greatest President
A new poll of experts on the American presidency reveals several intriguing new findings, including a shakeup among the top-ranked presidents and an early assessment of where President Joe Biden stands.

This is the third survey conducted by co-directors of the Presidential Greatness Project, University of Houston political science professor Brandon Rottinghaus and Coastal Carolina University political science professor Justin Vaughn. Results are based on nearly 200 responses from scholars across multiple disciplines whose work engages presidential politics.

The survey shows that while presidential scholars continue to consider Abraham Lincoln the nation’s greatest president, Franklin Delano Roosevelt has passed George Washington as the second-greatest president. President Biden enters the rankings at #14, behind recent Democrats Barack Obama (#7) and Bill Clinton (#12), but ahead of recent Republicans Ronald Reagan (#16), George H.W. Bush (#19), George W. Bush (#32) and Donald Trump (#45).
And no, that's not the fact that Trump was the 45th president. It's that he is dead LAST in the rankings.

A link to the study - http://www.brandonrottinghaus.com/uploa ... r_2024.pdf

Even among the Republican scholars, Trump only reaches #41.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

I never expected to live through a worse prezinut than schrubya, but here we are.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:18 pm I never expected to live through a worse prezinut than schrubya, but here we are.
Where we couldn’t imagine being in our nightmares.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:58 pm :snippity:

And no, that's not the fact that Trump was the 45th president. It's that he is dead LAST in the rankings.

:snippity:
How in the hell did that happen? Yes he was horrible, but try as he might, he didn't lead us into civil war like Buchanan did.... :confuzzled:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Staging an insurrection is imo worse than stumbling into a civil was
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don’t have the link, but I was reading that the shoes are a pre-order and at this time there’s no date for delivery. I wonder how many people will actually get their hands on a pair.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Post by Lani »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 pm Don’t have the link, but I was reading that the shoes are a pre-order and at this time there’s no date for delivery. I wonder how many people will actually get their hands on a pair.
I looked at eBay last night, and the shoes aren't available yet. Some people claim you have to pay for thousands of dollars, but that's an eBay joke - no one has the shoes.

During the 80's when the economy collapsed, I went to yard sales to buy things and put them on eBay. It got us through. Most were Japanese items in my neighborhood.

I still have a beautiful Japanese lithograph, lots of antique cloisonne, and carved figures of jade, amethyst, and more. I'm keeping them!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Lani wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:47 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 pm Don’t have the link, but I was reading that the shoes are a pre-order and at this time there’s no date for delivery. I wonder how many people will actually get their hands on a pair.
I looked at eBay last night, and the shoes aren't available yet. Some people claim you have to pay for thousands of dollars, but that's an eBay joke - no one has the shoes.
Well, it's not a joke. Even though the eBay sellers don't yet have the shoes, they have sold the pre-ordered shoes to buyers on eBay for thousands of dollars.

This eBay query will bring up the shoes that have actually been sold on eBay, 52 pair at the moment. Click on the link and see what the count is now. These are actual sales for real money...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... =1&_sop=16

Such stupidity.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Advertised Big Mac vs Actual Big MAc

Advertised tRump sneakers

What you get tRump sneakers

Lani

Post by Lani »

Oh looky! https://www.bonanza.com/items/search?q[ ... erm]=trump

Trump ties & Ivanka shoes.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Trump Ties are nothing new. He has been flogging those for years.
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

Suranis wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:36 am Trump Ties are nothing new. He has been flogging those for years.
I actually owned one in the long ago. It was meh, but it was also inexpensive on sale (at a department store that no longer exists).. and given that I then (and still) wore a tie approximately never it mattered not..
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

I still have a Trump-as-a-baby-with-diaper balloon, mylar, never inflated (yet :mrgreen:)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Donald Trump Brutally Mocked With 'Going Out of Business' Sign

https://www.newsweek.com/mocked-donald- ... rk-1871173
Signs saying "everything must go," "loser" and "going out of business" were paraded by dozens of people outside Trump Tower in New York. There were also accompanying chants of "we got 'em" when referring to various items people joked were up for sale, including the tower's famous golden escalator.

Protesters gathered after a New York judge ordered he must pay $354.9 million in penalties after being found liable for business fraud. New York Attorney General Letitia James brought a suit that said Trump and his two adult sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, The Trump Organization and two firm executives, Allen Weisselberg and Jeff McConney, fraudulently overstated the value of assets to deceive lenders.

Donald Jr. and Eric must pay $4 million each and are barred from doing business in New York for two years. Weisselberg was ordered to pay $1 million. The Trump Organization is prevented from applying for loans in New York for three years.

Trump was banned from taking out bank loans in New York and serving as a company director for three years.

Newsweek approached a Trump spokesperson for comment via email outside of normal working hours.

The Trump Tower is a well-known part of the Manhattan skyline and Trump's former main residence. The 45th president now has 30 days from the entry of the judgment to pay the fine ordered by Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Does he still have memorabilia from the Old Post Office hotel in stock :?: :violin:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump Compares Himself to Navalny in Bizarre Presidents’ Day Rant
On Truth Social, Trump groused about his expensive court losses and compared himself to the Russian dissident who died in an arctic penal colony

BY TIM DICKINSON
FEBRUARY 19, 2024

IT’S PRESIDENTS’ DAY, and America’s 45th is having a real one.

Donald Trump spent the morning of the Monday holiday railing against the nearly half-billion-dollar court judgment levied against him for fraud in New York state, and grotesquely comparing himself to the Russian political dissident Alexei Navalny, who died last week in an Russian arctic penal colony.

Trump started shitposting not long after dawn on his Truth Social network. Stinging from his massive court defeat, Trump seemed determined to keep litigating his fraud case in the court of public opinion. In seething ALL CAPS, Trump railed against the court finding that he and his family business had fraudulently and systematically overstated the value of real estate assets — including by inflating the square footage of Donald’s own Trump Tower penthouse apartment.

In his next post Trump, then compared himself to Navalny, the jailed Russian opposition leader who is widely believed to have been murdered last week by the government of Vladimir Putin. Never mind that Trump maintained chummy relations with the Russian dictator as president. (Reflecting on that friendship in 2021, Trump remarked: “I got along great with President Putin. I liked him. He liked me.”)

Right-wing talking points demand little intellectual integrity. And in the wake of Navalny’s suspicious death, conservatives have been painting Trump as though he were the persecuted “opposition leader” of a brave dissident party.

On Sunday Trump drew out this false parallel explicitly in a Truth post in which he wrote: “Biden:Trump::Putin:Navalny”. In his Presidents’ Day post, Trump elaborated that “the sudden death of Alexei Navalny has made me more and more aware of what is happening in our country.” He warned that “a slow, steady progression, with CROOKED, Radical Left Politicians, Prosecutors, and Judges” is “leading us down a path to destruction.” He insisted that, “Grossly Unfair Courtroom Decisions are DESTROYING AMERICA.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234970832/
Clairez

Post by Clairez »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:18 pm I never expected to live through a worse prezinut than schrubya, but here we are.
I never imagined there could be a worse president than schrubya, but once again my illusions have been shattered.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:vomit:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Clairez

Post by Clairez »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:59 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:58 pm :snippity:

How in the hell did that happen? Yes he was horrible, but try as he might, he didn't lead us into civil war like Buchanan did.... :confuzzled:
Not that he didn't give it his best shot!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump Golf Club Tricked Server Into Signing Sex Abuse Settlement, Lawsuit Says

Erik Larson, Bloomberg News

(Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump’s country club in Bedminster, New Jersey, was sued by an ex-server who claims one of the former president’s top lawyers tricked her into accepting a “paltry” settlement with an illegal nondisclosure provision after she accused her manager of sexual assault.

Alice Bianco alleges the abuse started with a forced kiss by her boss shortly after she began working at the Trump National Golf Club in May 2021. She claims it quickly escalated into a quid pro quo sexual relationship required for job “protection,” according to her lawsuit, filed Thursday in state court.

Alleging discrimination and fraud, Bianco is asking the court to void the settlement and bar the golf club from trying to enforce it. If she succeeds, she could file a suit over the alleged acts that seeks more money, and she wouldn’t be exposed to legal action for publicly discussing her claims. She is also seeking disciplinary action against the lawyer, Alina Habba.

Neither Habba nor Trump is named as a defendant in the complaint, which doesn’t accuse Trump of wrongdoing. But it comes as the former president faces multiple trials amid his campaign to return to the White House, and it alleges misconduct by Habba in the midst of her defense of Trump in New York state’s civil fraud trial now underway in Manhattan.

Bianco, 24, says she hired her own attorney in July 2021 after ending the coerced relationship and making her claims known to the club’s human resources department.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/trump-golf- ... -1.2005613
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Slow your roll on your favorite new shoes!

It turns out that Louboutin has a trademark protection on shoes with red soles (where the rest of the shoe isn't red).

It's not totally clear throughout the world, but it looks as though Louboutin has won cases about this. And lest you worry that it's different because it's a sneaker? Nope, Louboutin has a sneaker with a red sole. Wonder if people will get their money back.

https://studentorgs.kentlaw.iit.edu/ckj ... ttom-shoe/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow the red sole thing is fascinating!

In other news,
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: David Brooks sums up Trump's civil fraud case in about 15 seconds.

A set of books for the bankers
A set of books for the IRS
A set of books with the real numbers.

It's just fraud. He's a con artist.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”