COPS behaving badly

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

COPS behaving badly

Post by Ben-Prime »

much ado wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:55 pm Then he noticed a 35 mm film canister on the ledge below the glove compartment in front of mrs ado. (Everyone of a certain age will know what those canisters were used for back then.) He asked to see it, so we handed it over. He held it very close to his face and looked into it very intently for quite a while. He did this so long that my wife finally offered this helpful information: "The film is in the camera."
Similar experience with the empty plastic flip-top containers of about the same size used to hold diabetes testing strips. I use my empties of those to hold my morning or evening doses of diabetes and other medications, and vitamins; it's easier when I'm not eating breakfast or dinner at home to take the 4 to 8 total pills (1 primary and 1 secondary blood sugar med, 1 blood pressure med, 1 cholesterol med, the rest assorted vitamin and mineral supplements) that I will need during or after the meal in one container rather than carry 5 or 6 small plastic bottles of dispensed or OTC pharmacy purchases in my backpack.

So I get looks when I openly place the little flip-top container on the table next to me. Then at one diner where I was a regular in Florida -- also later in London, again somewhere I was a regular -- one day the server saw me pop open the lid and down my meds, and after that the funny looks stopped. That first diner, in Florida, is a regular cop hangout. So the funny looks mattered, but the cops never once bothered me on the premises even before I was visibly seen popping my meds. I guess they didn't want to annoy the manager by making a scene there. But it was still a relief once word spread, yanno?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

COPS behaving badly

Post by keith »

I think I have 4 or 5 unused ones sitting around here somewhere. Still in the original box.
Oh. Not 'somewhere' - in my camera bag in the hall closet.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

COPS behaving badly

Post by neonzx »

The 35mm canister is a problem? Light proof and airtight.
Ooooh. They think us kids are using them for contraband?
Estiveo
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by Estiveo »

Visual aids for the children.
Estiveoshot_20240125_160201.jpg
Estiveoshot_20240125_160201.jpg (32.78 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Estiveoshot_20240125_160257.jpg
Estiveoshot_20240125_160257.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Image Image Image Image
much ado

COPS behaving badly

Post by much ado »

Thanks, I'll ask them.
W. Kevin Vicklund

COPS behaving badly

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Someone mentioned film canisters?
Canister of film canisters.jpg
Canister of film canisters.jpg (399.3 KiB) Viewed 704 times
Dr. Vicklund uses these clear(ish) ones for storing seed beads.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

from last year
Austin Jailer Breaks Elderly Deaf Woman’s Arm After Misunderstanding at Airport
After three days in jail with only Aleve as treatment, she has received surgery

BY BRANT BINGAMON,
FRI., MARCH 24, 2023

Karen McGee, a deaf, 71-year-old Florida resident, is considering a lawsuit against the city of Austin after what was supposed to be a three-hour layover at Austin-Berg­strom International Airport turned into an arrest, a weekend in the Travis County Jail, and an arm broken by a jailer and left untreated for three days.

McGee's ordeal began on the afternoon of Sept. 13, 2022, as she waited for a connecting flight from Austin to Seattle. She was flying alone for the first time in her life and nervous because her hearing aids weren't working well, so she sat within sight of the ticket desk to see when her plane would begin boarding. After noticing that it hadn't boarded on time she spoke with a ticket agent and was distressed to learn that she had missed an announcement that her gate had changed. With her plane already gone, she was issued a ticket for a flight leaving that evening.

While McGee waited for this flight, she texted with her cousin and learned there was another plane parked at the same gate, going to the same destination. She approached the ticket agent and asked if she could switch her ticket to this flight. She had trouble hearing the agent's response but understood the answer was no. She then made the same request to a different agent. Unbeknownst to McGee, this second agent called the police.

McGee's attorney, Rebecca Webber, said she has video showing that the officers who responded did not ensure that McGee could hear them. During the exchange, an airport employee read McGee a trespass warning. "He doesn't get down on her level at all, which is the only way to get her to hear you," Webber said. "If they had any training about how hearing aids work they would know that in a loud area she won't be able to distinguish just one voice. The person needs to get down on her level, speak slowly, and then she'll be able to put it all together."

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/20 ... t-airport/
Austin airport passenger wrongful arrest lawsuit on hold

THURSDAY, APRIL 13, 2023
BY NINA HERNANDEZ

Attorneys representing an Austin-Bergstrom International Airport passenger, who contends that failure on the part of airline staff and Austin police officers to accommodate her hearing impairment resulted in a wrongful arrest and injury at the Travis County Jail, are in talks with Travis County attorneys. The talks may result in the county avoiding a widely publicized potential lawsuit.

The incident occurred in September, when Karen McGee, 71, was at ABIA on a layover on her way to Seattle. According to McGee’s attorneys, the Florida resident has profound bilateral hearing loss and was on her first trip alone since the onset of the condition. McGee is represented by attorney Rebecca Webber and two members of the University of Texas Civil Rights Clinic.

https://www.austinmonitor.com/stories/2 ... t-on-hold/

video with comments
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

State Police troopers among 6 arrested in CDL bribery conspiracy scheme

NBC10 Boston
31 Jan 2024

The 74-count indictment alleges a scheme in which drivers who didn't take the commercial driver's license test in part or in full or failed it were allowed to pass anyway in exchange for goods or services. it's the latest in a series of recent high-profile cases regarding trooper misconduct.
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Bodycam video shows tensions flaring between Lexington police, Cleveland County deputies

KOCO 5 News
2 Feb 2024

Bodycam video shows tensions flaring between Lexington police, Cleveland County deputies

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

COPS behaving badly

Post by raison de arizona »

Friggin' acorns. The way he immediately unloaded his firearm into his own car where the suspect was is chilling.
Ford Fischer @FordFischer wrote: New bodycam footage shows Okaloosa County, FL Deputy Jesse Hernandez declaring "shots fired!" and "I'm hit!" and shooting at the handcuffed, unarmed suspect inside of his police car.

He had not been shot, rather, it was determined that he heard an acorn drop onto the car.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

COPS behaving badly

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Apparently Florida is hiring Stormtroopers. The handcuffed, unarmed victim in the squad car was not hit by any bullets, despite two cops unloading their clips into the vehicle.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

COPS behaving badly

Post by keith »

If it wasn't so freaking tragically stupid it would be rolling on the floor gut busting funny.

Thank the FSM that the guy in the car was not shot.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

COPS behaving badly

Post by sugar magnolia »

No worries. Some other dept will hire the cop and immediately promote him to Sgt based on his previous experience.
Volkonski
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by Volkonski »

Chesterfield Co. deputies report dead body in hoax emergencies: Warrant

https://wpde.com/news/local/chesterfiel ... ion-center
Justin Tyler Reichard, 28, Darien Myles Roseau, 25, and Killian Daniel Loflin, 26, are charged with misconduct in office, criminal conspiracy and aggravated breach of peace. Reichard, Roseau, and Loflin were booked at the Chesterfield County Detention Center.

On February 4, while on duty, the deputies reported five hoax emergencies within the municipalities of Cheraw, Chesterfield, McBee and Pageland, according to arrest warrants.

Warrants said the hoax reports were called into convenience stores or the respective municipal law enforcement agency and notified the call recipient of the location of a "dead body."

The documents added that the calls caused emergency responses from law enforcement and/or other emergency responders.

SLED was requested to investigate by the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office.

Chesterfield County Sheriff Cambo Streater said, "Some alleged activities were reported to me and due to the nature of them, I needed to get SLED to come in."

Streater said then that he couldn’t comment on the nature of the allegations. He added the officers are on leave right now pending the outcome of the investigation.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

COPS behaving badly

Post by raison de arizona »

Right on, right on. More of this, please.
https://x.com/Kinger_DC/status/1757773406391456155?s=20
Dan King @Kinger_DC wrote: A cop in Buffalo nearly ran over two people in a crosswalk with his lights off

R. Anthony Rupp yelled "turn your lights on, asshole"

Police arrested & cited Rupp

Now, a federal appeals court ruled the officers aren't entitled to qualified immunity👏
Story: https://reason.com/2024/02/13/buffalo-c ... n-asshole/

Also, you will note, the original incident happened in 2016! The wheels of justice...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by Volkonski »

Okaloosa deputy who mistook a falling acorn for gunfire resigns amid shooting inquiry

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/story/news ... 593964007/
"Deputy Hernandez resigned during our investigation but was ultimately found to have violated policy," Sheriff Eric Aden said in a prepared statement. Roberts was not found to have violated policy, and both deputies were cleared of criminal wrongdoing.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

COPS behaving badly

Post by Dave from down under »

“Cleared of criminal wrongdoing “

Shooting at a handcuffed person who you just imagined “shot” you isn’t a crime???!!!???

Pfhaa!
pipistrelle

COPS behaving badly

Post by pipistrelle »

Did I mishear or did he not know if he was shot? If you were shot, wouldn't it be highly likely you'd know?
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:33 am Did I mishear or did he not know if he was shot? If you were shot, wouldn't it be highly likely you'd know?
According to the Loomer person iff he was shot in the head he would have written in his report that he died, no not of covid :twisted:
sugar magnolia

COPS behaving badly

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:33 am Did I mishear or did he not know if he was shot? If you were shot, wouldn't it be highly likely you'd know?
Not necessarily. Assuming he had a vest on, you can get hit and not know it. Not sure how you don't get hit and think you did though.
Volkonski
Verified:

COPS behaving badly

Post by Volkonski »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:30 am
Not necessarily. Assuming he had a vest on, you can get hit and not know it. Not sure how you don't get hit and think you did though.
Panic attack.
Rolodex

COPS behaving badly

Post by Rolodex »

Is FBI cops?

This guy got another sentence.
Charles F. McGonigal, 55, a former FBI Special Agent in Charge of the New York Field Office, was sentenced today to 28 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release for his undisclosed receipt of $225,000 in cash from an individual with ties to the Albanian government while McGonigal was supervising counterintelligence investigations.

McGonigal pleaded guilty on Sept. 22, 2023, to one count of concealing material facts. In imposing the sentence, the court found that McGonigal’s conduct involved substantial interference with the administration of justice.
The FBI arrested McGonigal on Jan. 21, 2023, at J.F.K. International Airport in New York. He was simultaneously indicted on charges by the U.S. Attorneys’ Offices for the District of Columbia and the Southern District of New York. In December 2023, McGonigal was sentenced to 50 months in prison and ordered to pay a $40,000 fine for conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) and to commit money laundering in an unrelated case being prosecuted in the Southern District of New York.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/retired- ... mation-fbi
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Sheriff faces scrutiny over decades-long $500 fee

FOX 2 St. Louis
17 Feb 2024

St. Louis judges and a special court committee are demanding answers from the city's sheriff about a long-collected fee, to the point that Missouri's Attorney General may get involved.
RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

COPS behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: :brickwallsmall:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”