Marijuana

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Marijuana

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:51 pm That's a lot of pot.
Just makes your eyes water thinking about it...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Marijuana

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:07 pm There was a Netflix movie about an American in England growing weed in buried containers on private land owned by gentry that needed the income to maintain their aging castles. And apparently it's not fiction.

But I don't recall the title. It's a senior moment and I'm taking it.
It was a studio release called The Gentlemen, staring Matthew McConaughey and directed by Guy Ritchie...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Marijuana

Post by bill_g »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:04 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:07 pm There was a Netflix movie about an American in England growing weed in buried containers on private land owned by gentry that needed the income to maintain their aging castles. And apparently it's not fiction.

It was a studio release called The Gentlemen, staring Matthew McConaughey and directed by Guy Ritchie...
Thank you.

And I give it two thumbs up as an entertaining flick. I've watched it at least twice.
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Marijuana

Post by duck dodgers »

Ms Dodgers grew her own here (Portland OR) outside for many years for medical use. My understanding (I did not partake) was that the potency was good, but mold was a continual problem. Now she just gets vapes from the dispensary which appear to be reasonable quality and a lot less work.
"You can syndicate any boat you row"
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Marijuana

Post by poplove »

Board issues first state license for marijuana lounge in Las Vegas

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2024/feb/1 ... juana-lou/

Indepth article from last year:

https://thenevadaindependent.com/articl ... ion-lounge
W. Kevin Vicklund

Marijuana

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:07 pm
Heartland Signal @HeartlandSignal wrote: MN State Sen. Lucero (R) and Rep. Novotny (R) claim legal marijuana will lead to power grid failure by grow lights.

NOVOTNY: "The marijuana grow operation ... takes a ton of electricity ... We're shutting down electric plants."

LUCERO: "Get ready for blackouts and brownouts."
I know a lot of you are skeptical about this claim (which does edge into hyperbole), but the big growhouses use a ton of electricity. I work for a utility (electric, drinking water, steam, and chilled water) as a power and controls engineer. 8 of our top 10 electric customers are now growhouses, and we have several GM manufacturing plants on our system (the Ultium battery plant will take top spot when it starts up next fiscal year). Yes, they use LEDs, but there are so many layers of densely packed LEDs that the aggregate draw is huge. We had to add an entire substation just to service the load an industrial park that converted to multiple growhouses, where we previously only needed a single circuit.
Resume18

Marijuana

Post by Resume18 »

bill_g wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:28 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:04 pm

Thank you.

And I give it two thumbs up as an entertaining flick. I've watched it at least twice.
I think each major character used the C-word at least twice. None used in a misogynist fashion if i recall correctly
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Marijuana

Post by Foggy »

I'm reading that growhouses are good for the economy, but we still need to be working on clean and renewable energy. :shrug:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Marijuana

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Guy Ritchie… :daydreaming:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:38 pm Guy Ritchie… :daydreaming:
:yeahthat:
I'll be putting that on the watch list.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Marijuana

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:40 pm
He’s the director and producer of several great films. My favorite is “Snatch” about a stolen diamond. He is the Dickens of today in his films about London’s East End.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:53 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:40 pm
He’s the director and producer of several great films. My favorite is “Snatch” about a stolen diamond. He is the Dickens of today in his films about London’s East End.
ME TOO! I also liked his Sherlock Holmes movies. (sorry for the threadjack)

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g

Marijuana

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:03 pm ME TOO! I also liked his Sherlock Holmes movies. (sorry for the threadjack)
If we were all tokin right now, this is exactly what would happen. So, everything is on topic.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rolleye:

ImageImageImage x4
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Marijuana

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:50 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:03 pm ME TOO! I also liked his Sherlock Holmes movies. (sorry for the threadjack)
If we were all tokin right now, this is exactly what would happen. So, everything is on topic.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oooohhhhhh! Little Feat. Now we be jammin'.

ImageImageImage x4
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Marijuana

Post by poplove »

A "modern spiritual" from Lawrence Welk! :lol:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sacrilege!!!

Brewer and Shipley's Tarkio Road was, and probably still is, my all time favorite album.

ImageImageImage x4
keith

Marijuana

Post by keith »

Turn off the bubble machine!

We used to watch Lawrence Welk religiously. My mom wanted me to be Myron Henderson Floren and had me in accordian lessons.

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when that song came on. To this day I marvel at what must have been going in the weekly production meetings. I like to think Dick and Gail were secret subversives.

I can't possibly be the only one who wants to know how this got past Larry. Somebody must have written about it sometime but I've never seen it.
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm Oooohhhhhh! Little Feat. Now we be jammin'.
Yea man! I saw them live a couple times at Warner Theater in DC back in the 70's. ..... :think: Or Maybe it was the Kennedy Center :confuzzled: I do remember being stoned and getting run over by a cop on a horse at a Led Zeppelin concert at Warner Theater also in the 70's.That was a hell of a show, there must have been 5 or 6 of us that went to that show. Unfortunately we lost our buddy Ricky T in the crowd at that concert, we were all jammed up in there. Being a short shit I got up on our buddy Roscoe's shoulders so I could see the stage and found Rick, he was on the stage sitting inside or in front of a giant speaker playing his air guitar :lol:

Awwww the 70's :daydreaming:
keith

Marijuana

Post by keith »

Further to 'One toke' on the Welk show.

We do know of course that Welk was a veteran touring big band leader and was not unaware of band musicians having the more than occaisional toke. Also, this show was the first season in syndication and production control was much looser than when it was on a network. But Welk certainly had a reputation to think about. Finally, some people think they just misheard the lyrics. But they would have been working from published sheet music when working up their arrangements. Supposedly Gail has told the complete story in a play about it, and it has been performed, but nobody has published the answer.
bill_g

Marijuana

Post by bill_g »

It's almost the end of Q1-24. Time for some annual stats on the cannabis economy. Bottom line: still black ink, but declining.

There is still a glut of processed weed on the market. There is more product than there is demand. Thus consumer prices continue to drop. The number of retail outlets is declining as well as it becomes more difficult to keep their doors open.

High Times published a few interesting numbers in a recent article. Something to note is that Malheur County OR has the highest per capita sales, and highest overall sales, three years in a row. That is attributed to Idaho just across the state line with Boise barely an hour away.

If we consider the Multnomah Co per capita sales ($22/800K) as a normal rate, then well over 90% of Malheur Co sales comes from outside the county.

What is more surprising is the lack of tax revenue collected by the state heading back to the locations where the taxes originated. Ontario OR is considering additional taxes over the current 3% they already tack on. By simple math, Ontario should be getting $3M/yr, but currently see only $25K. So, something is amiss. The lightly populated area should be awash in public treasury, and is instead enjoying austerity. We will see how this plays out.

From personal experience, one gram pre-rolls (joints) of 38% THC Sativa are $4ea, $7/tube of two. That's a super deal for one hit stuff.
ZinWhit

Marijuana

Post by ZinWhit »

Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
bill_g

Marijuana

Post by bill_g »

ZinWhit wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:38 pm My backyard every summer.
What's your harvest like?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Marijuana

Post by raison de arizona »

Wowzers!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Current Politics”