Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
sterngard friegen

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by sterngard friegen »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:05 pm Even worse than Orly testerifyin'?! :faint:
Well, Taitz could barely speak English. This judge is letting WIllis FEENISH. Which in this case is not a good thing. He should have told her early on to answer the fucking questions.
realist

Post by realist »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:09 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:05 pm Even worse than Orly testerifyin'?! :faint:
Well, Taitz could barely speak English. This judge is letting WIllis FEENISH. Which in this case is not a good thing. He should have told her early on to answer the fucking questions.
:yeahthat:

Plus, she should know better without having to be told.
Image X 4
Image X 32
much ado

Post by much ado »

Let's see... Which emoji do I want to post? :think:

I guess this one...

:panic:
sterngard friegen

p0rtia wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:17 pm I'm team Fani, all the way.
You may want to get off the Titanic she is piloting soon.

When these charges arose, Willis should have turned over the prosecution of this action to someone else in her office. And her BF billing 24 hours in a day is a bad look. Thankfully, he was smart enough not to bill 36 hours for that day. (I've worked almost 24 hour days on a case, during trial, but I would never bill for more than 18 hours. And I can only think of 2 or 3 times doing that in my 52 year career.)
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:04 pm Wildly divergent opinions on Willis' testimony from folks I generally trust. Only a fool would go against both Stern and Realist, however.

Well, crap.
sterngard friegen

Did the attorney who just completed his questions of Willis make reference to her "cash hoard" and spell out the latter word for her as "horde"?

Are all Georgia attorneys idiots?

(https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/cho ... ard-horde/)
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:52 pm Did the attorney who just completed his questions of Willis make reference to her "cash hoard" and spell out the latter word for her "horde"?

Are all Georgia attorneys idiots?

(https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/cho ... ard-horde/)
He did. Use a different word, dude. One you can spell.

I'm cringing with some of Willis' testimony. I understand she's indignant, but some of her retorts seem very unprofessional. I'd much rather see a dispassionate "just the facts" comportment. And I honestly don't mean to be/sound racist, but I think we've learned that white people and Black people handle finances differently (obviously, not ALL of any group acts the same, ad I do know people who keep a lot of cash on hand and use it more than credit cards and never use checks). I don't doubt what she says about using cash and having a lot on hand.

But I think that these folks are asking questions that are beside the point. Ugh. I wish none of this had happened and am distressed that this nonsense may sink the whole GA case.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I don't have any checks. I don't miss them. Anytime I need to pay someone with a check I use...cash. Or Venmo, Paypal, etc. Or a money order in the rare case that cash doesn't work (like having to mail a payment).

FWIW. I don't find her lack of checks odd.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:34 pm
p0rtia wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:17 pm I'm team Fani, all the way.
You may want to get off the Titanic she is piloting soon.

When these charges arose, Willis should have turned over the prosecution of this action to someone else in her office. And her BF billing 24 hours in a day is a bad look. Thankfully, he was smart enough not to bill 36 hours for that day. (I've worked almost 24 hour days on a case, during trial, but I would never bill for more than 18 hours. And I can only think of 2 or 3 times doing that in my 52 year career.)
My love has nothing to do with whether she is tossed or not. I recognized that she had blown up her case when I first commented that she had burnt her bridges.

She doesn't give a crap about what happens to her. She is a fury unleashed against against the injustices of the world. I'm with her.
raison de arizona

Curtis Houck @CurtisHouck wrote: MSNBC legal correspondent Lisa Rubin says Fani Willis CRUSHED it, arguing she was incredibly "successful" and "effective" this afternoon and is now much "better off" than she was "this morning based on the allegations made".

"I think Fani Willis gave us a picture of who she is, a person who is very proudly independent. Nathan Wade had set the stage for that. But somehow from her own mouth, describing how she was raised, why she kept cash in her house to the dissolution of her relationship which basically ended, according to her, because they had different attitudes about men and women and their roles in the world. All of that, I thought, increased her credibility."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I guess the only poll result that matters is the judge’s.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Fani spoke her truth, as the kids say. Broke every rule in the book, and didn't care. Women power, baby.

Compare to the three or four pathetic lawyers who were last on the list to question her, who tried to play gotcha with irrelevancies, and to demean her with cheap shots about how she ran her life. McAfee shut them down, bless his bald head.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Thank you Portia. I am having a hard time understanding this at all, and why it is not a racist attack on a black female prosecutor. How are her spending habits of cash vs. credit cards relevant to anythingwhatthefuck? And why should any of this bullshit have the slightest relevance to the case against Trump and the co-conspirators?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:06 pm why should any of this bullshit have the slightest relevance to the case against Trump and the co-conspirators?
I keep asking that.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:06 pm Thank you Portia. I am having a hard time understanding this at all, and why it is not a racist attack on a black female prosecutor. How are her spending habits of cash vs. credit cards relevant to anythingwhatthefuck? And why should any of this bullshit have the slightest relevance to the case against Trump and the co-conspirators?
Because Fani found a way to make money in this contorted, implausible, and in the end indefensible way. So that's a conflict of interest. Except, as was shown today, it's all bullshit. Shift to plan B: she's a hoe.

The sexism in bringing the motion was palpable. The fact the McAfee (whose inexperience, I think, is showing for the first time) allowed the hearing to proceed at all, and then into the personal areas it did, is a disgrace.

The "Ohhh, they lived together, gasp!" evidence went poof, right after the "Ohhh, she was broke (on her 200,000 a year salary) and got a kickback worth, um, wow, upwards of 10,000 spread out over a number of years" evidence went poof. They were reduced to questioning her reasons for keeping cash in the house, for god's sake.

Rude, condescending, racist, sexist, and stupid. Every answer she gave was treated to the cheapest form of defense attorney shock and sneering. Proove her to be a dirty liar, and then...what?

This is Christine Gay and the plagiarism accusations redux. I don't give a shit who she slept with, or when, or how much cash she kept in her home. She is a public servant who is getting crucified because of the prejudice in this country and the willingness to think ill of women and black people.

And she called out the bullshit at every call. Good.
sterngard friegen

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:48 pm I guess the only poll result that matters is the judge’s.
While Willis was playing to the cheap seats, the only opinion that matters on this motion is the trial judge's. He is a new judge, appointed by a Republican governor, white, middle class and a member of the friggin Federalist Society. I did admire his temperament, but he should have roped in Willis a lot sooner.

Sure, she's a public official and lies were written about her. As to the latter, welcome to the bar. But she gave the trial judge so much information he can now disbelieve her based simply on her demeanor.

I believe the prosecution should go on, and I hope the judge rules there is no conflict under Georgia law, but I don't think Willis helped herself. Her later testimony was much better. Occasionally it was out of bounds, but she wasn't going on and on with utterly irrelevant information, avoiding answering the questions and making unprofessional jabs at defense counsel.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 pm :snippity:
The sexism in bringing the motion was palpable. The fact the McAfee (whose inexperience, I think, is showing for the first time) allowed the hearing to proceed at all, and then into the personal areas it did, is a disgrace.
:snippity:
Rude, condescending, racist, sexist, and stupid. Every answer she gave was treated to the cheapest form of defense attorney shock and sneering.
:thumbsup:
Yes, Ms Willis wasn't playing the rich white men's game in the rich white men's court. The rich white men would prefer deferential "yes ma'am", "no ma'am" answers – well, that angry black woman (currently prosecuting a furball of rich white male creeps n the rich men's court) was fed up with that game and with the shower of shit the rich white creeps are lobbing at her.

Of course she was playing partly to the cameras. It's not about convincing the judge. The judge's decision was probably made weeks ago, this gavotte in the courtroom is theater, process for the sake of process, yeah, bullshit.
realist

Post by realist »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:43 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:48 pm I guess the only poll result that matters is the judge’s.
While Willis was playing to the cheap seats, the only opinion that matters on this motion is the trial judge's. He is a new judge, appointed by a Republican governor, white, middle class and a member of the friggin Federalist Society. I did admire his temperament, but he should have roped in Willis a lot sooner.

Sure, she's a public official and lies were written about her. As to the latter, welcome to the bar. But she gave the trial judge so much information he can now disbelieve her based simply on her demeanor.

I believe the prosecution should go on, and I hope the judge rules there is no conflict under Georgia law, but I don't think Willis helped herself. Her later testimony was much better. Occasionally it was out of bounds, but she wasn't going on and on with utterly irrelevant information, avoiding answering the questions and making unprofessional jabs at defense counsel.
As bob would say. Concur.
Image X 4
Image X 32
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 pm
SuzieC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:06 pm Thank you Portia. I am having a hard time understanding this at all, and why it is not a racist attack on a black female prosecutor. How are her spending habits of cash vs. credit cards relevant to anythingwhatthefuck? And why should any of this bullshit have the slightest relevance to the case against Trump and the co-conspirators?
Because Fani found a way to make money in this contorted, implausible, and in the end indefensible way. So that's a conflict of interest. Except, as was shown today, it's all bullshit. Shift to plan B: she's a hoe.

The "Ohhh, they lived together, gasp!" evidence went poof, right after the "Ohhh, she was broke (on her 200,000 a year salary) and got a kickback worth, um, wow, upwards of 10,000 spread out over a number of years" evidence went poof. They were reduced to questioning her reasons for keeping cash in the house, for god's sake.

Rude, condescending, racist, sexist, and stupid. Every answer she gave was treated to the cheapest form of defense attorney shock and sneering. Proove her to be a dirty liar, and then...what?

This is Christine Gay and the plagiarism accusations redux. I don't give a shit who she slept with, or when, or how much cash she kept in her home. She is a public servant who is getting crucified because of the prejudice in this country and the willingness to think ill of women and black people.

And she called out the bullshit at every call. Good.
BOOM BOOM BOOM. This is such bullshit. This is a transparent fucking attempt to use blatant sexism and racism to derail a righteous prosecution of Trump and his co-criminals. I am furious with anger.
sterngard friegen

SuzieC - I understand the frustration and anger. But the Federalist Society white, conservative Republican judge decided to hold a hearing. The way to convict Trump is not to blow the entire case up, or your chance to prosecute him.

Willis could have been dignified and gotten the job done without the fireworks.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I didn't watch the whole thing but did Merchant and crew come anywhere close to proving any of their allegations against Fani of criminal wrongdoing or corruption?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
sterngard friegen

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:30 pm I didn't watch the whole thing but did Merchant and crew come anywhere close to proving any of their allegations against Fani of criminal wrongdoing or corruption?
Not really.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:29 pm SuzieC - I understand the frustration and anger. But the Federalist Society white, conservative Republican judge decided to hold a hearing. The way to convict Trump is not to blow the entire case up, or your chance to prosecute him.

Willis could have been dignified and gotten the job done without the fireworks.
No way, in my opinion. No matter how "dignified" a black woman acted, the RW howling monkey racists would find a way to come after her.
raison de arizona

A sphincter says what?
Jonathan Turley @JonathanTurley wrote: At points, Willis looked strikingly like the man she is prosecuting. Like Trump, she defied calls from the court to confine her answers. She attacked her critics, including the media and opposing counsel. Unlike Trump, however, she got away with it.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”