Iowa Caucus / New Hampshire & South Carolina Primaries

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

keith wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:54 pm The important thing is to make him keep spending.
McDaniel (head of GOP) called for Haley to drop out - I imagine money is why.

Good to see Haley with a strong showing, but I still don't want her on the general election ballot. Biden will beat Trump, but people won't turn out to vote against Haley and a lot of wobblies will vote for Haley rather than not vote - because they see her as a "normal" Republican, less icky than shithead (even though there's not a whisp of a difference between them except she's not unbalanced).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gotta be the dotard but they need to spend lots of money fighting. Bill Mitchell has NEW CONDITIONS: :lol:

Mitchell How I Would Vote For DJT.JPG
Mitchell How I Would Vote For DJT.JPG (109.27 KiB) Viewed 341 times

New Hampshire primary exposes Trump's shrinking tent
Zachary Basu 2 hours ago

Former President Trump's 11-point victory in New Hampshire has been upstaged not just by Nikki Haley's refusal to drop out, but by a set of flashing red alarms about his weaknesses with independents and moderate voters.

Why it matters: Trump, like any candidate, will need a broad coalition to win in November — one that casts a far wider net than the core MAGA base responsible for his dominant victories in Iowa and New Hampshire. As the primary gives way to the longest general election campaign in modern history, there's no indication that Trump will moderate or change to the degree necessary to bring back swing voters he lost in 2020. Even if he does, will it be enough to sway the skeptics alienated by his legal issues and years of public bombast? New Hampshire suggests the reality of Trump's challenges will soon become impossible to ignore.

Zoom in: As MSNBC's Steve Kornacki pointed out, New Hampshire's GOP primary has never seen a wider gap between the preferences of independents and Republican voters than last night's results: Trump won Republican voters 74% to 25%, while Haley won independents 58% to 39%, according to CNN's exit polls. 83% of Haley voters — and 42% of voters overall — said they would not consider Trump to be fit for office if he were convicted of a crime. Most importantly, Fox News' voter analysis found that 35% of New Hampshire's voters would be so dissatisfied with a Trump nomination that they would not vote for him in November.
The other side: New Hampshire's unique primary system allowed Democrats to vote in the GOP primary if they switched their party registration by October, suggesting some of these voters were always a lost cause for Trump.

Between the lines: The warning signs for Trump run deeper than just the data — just look at the rhetoric Tuesday from his allies: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who appeared on stage with Trump for his victory speech, said the GOP is "completely eradicating" any Republican who doesn't adapt to Trump's policies. Asked how he'll get skeptical Haley supporters to vote for him in November, Trump told reporters: "They're going to all vote for me again. ... And I'm not sure we need too many."

The bottom line: The suggestion that New Hampshire was Never Trumpers' "last stand" misses the point: These voters may have lost the GOP primary, but there are signs they could have the last laugh in November.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ron Desantis as VP. How appropriate - did anyone ever see Mike Pence smile :?:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don’t see an upside for trump in picking a mini me. It will be Scott, Noem, or Stefanik.

And since Noem is doing a better job of staying out of the limelight, she’s my first pick.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

After Scott's grovelling performance after NH, I'm going with Scott. JFK, what a worm.
bob

Post by bob »

Uygur wrote:We're going to make two types of history today. First naturalized citizen to get a vote for president and first Muslim-born candidate to get a vote for president.
O RLY?: WMUR: Names receiving most write-in votes in New Hampshire primary released by officials:
The New Hampshire secretary of state has released a list of names who received the most write-in votes in Tuesday's primary election.

On the Democratic side, President Joe Biden was written in on 77,061 ballots, by far the largest tally. He's the first candidate to win an election through the write-in process since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1968.

Other top write-ins for Democratic ballots were Nikki Haley at 4,695, Donald Trump at 2,055 and "Ceasefire" at 1,497.

"Ceasefire" was written in through a write-in campaign focused on spreading awareness about the desire for a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas conflict.

Other names receiving write-in votes on the Democratic ballot include Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (435), Bernie Sanders (123), Chris Christie (42), Ron DeSantis (33) and Vivek Ramaswamy (2).
:lol:

"For completeness":
On the Republican ballot, the name receiving the most write-in votes was Biden, with 497. Kennedy was second at 203.

Other names written in on the Republican ballot include Dean Phillips (79), "Ceasefire" (34) and Marianne Williamson (14).
Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

bob wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:41 pm
Uygur wrote:We're going to make two types of history today. First naturalized citizen to get a vote for president and first Muslim-born candidate to get a vote for president.
O RLY?: WMUR: Names receiving most write-in votes in New Hampshire primary released by officials:
The New Hampshire secretary of state has released a list of names who received the most write-in votes in Tuesday's primary election.

On the Democratic side, President Joe Biden was written in on 77,061 ballots, by far the largest tally. He's the first candidate to win an election through the write-in process since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1968.

Other top write-ins for Democratic ballots were Nikki Haley at 4,695, Donald Trump at 2,055 and "Ceasefire" at 1,497.

"Ceasefire" was written in through a write-in campaign focused on spreading awareness about the desire for a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas conflict.

Other names receiving write-in votes on the Democratic ballot include Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (435), Bernie Sanders (123), Chris Christie (42), Ron DeSantis (33) and Vivek Ramaswamy (2).
:lol:

"For completeness":
On the Republican ballot, the name receiving the most write-in votes was Biden, with 497. Kennedy was second at 203.

Other names written in on the Republican ballot include Dean Phillips (79), "Ceasefire" (34) and Marianne Williamson (14).
Çenk didn't get a single vote? RIGGED!!!!!
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Post by bob »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:53 pm Çenk didn't get a single vote?
The short answer appears to be "yes."

I don't know if the SoSoNH didn't count write-ins for Uygur because he was expressly excluded from appearing on the ballot.

Or, if, yaknow, no one bothered to vote for him.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bob wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:02 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:53 pm Çenk didn't get a single vote?
The short answer appears to be "yes."

I don't know if the SoSoNH didn't count write-ins for Uygur because he was expressly excluded from appearing on the ballot.

Or, if, yaknow, no one bothered to vote for him.
He could be in this category: "OTHER WRITE-INS Democrat 10,071"
https://www.wmur.com/article/new-hampsh ... 4/46439473
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

The U.S. Virgin Islands Republican Caucus is today. It is reportedly competitive.

With a whopping 4 delegates (out of 2,429 total).
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm rooting for Haley. Gotta keep that thorn in their side.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Primaries and Caucuses”