Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:14 pm Dafuq is a "title wave"?
:snippity:
Time to send the language gazpacho after her :rotflmao:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh:

Marjorie Greene Walks Out After MAJOR Meltdown

TYT Investigates
7 Feb 2024

MAGA Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene has a complete meltdown at a House Oversight Committee. MTG is angered by Reps. Jamie Raskin and Robert Garcia asking her question about her ludicrous thoughts on gun laws and police brutality, and she cries about them being unfair to her and Donald Trump. MTG throws a fit and walks out of the hearing in embarrassment.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How does anyone stand that voice?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: 1) Republicans strategically scheduled a vote while a Democrat was undergoing surgery so he’d be absent

2) Democrat rushes from the hospital to go vote, causing Republicans to fail

3) Greene says there was a conspiracy by Democrats “hiding” members to “throw us off”
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Greene: Democrats hid one of their members trying to throw us off on the numbers
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Special To the New York Times

May 10, 1985

SENATOR BRINGS A VOTE FROM HIS HOSPITAL BED

Credit...The New York Times Archives
  • See the article in its original context from
    May 10, 1985, Section B, Page 7Buy Reprints
    View on timesmachine
    TimesMachine is an exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers.
    About the Archive
    This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them.
    Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions.
Senator Pete Wilson, Republican of California, provided a note of drama in a tension-filled evening in the Capitol as he left his hospital bed in order to cast his vote for President Reagan's 1986 budget.

Senator Wilson, 51 years old, who underwent an emergency appendectomy Wednesday, arrived at the Capitol this morning in an ambulance from Bethesda Naval Hospital in suburban Maryland.

He entered the Senate chamber in a wheelchair at 1:32 A.M. wearing a brown bathrobe and pajamas. Turning to his colleagues, he asked, ''What is the question?''

Senators who had been waiting nearly an hour for his arrival gave him a standing ovation as he raised his hand to seek recognition. He was called upon and voted ''Aye.''

Tension in the Senate chamber had been palpable as senators rambled on with rhetorical summations of the budget debate awaiting Mr. Wilson's arrival. Outside the chamber, on a second-floor balcony overlooking the north side of the Capitol, a knot of senators and staff broke into cheers of applause when the ambulance rolled up to the steps and a stretcher bearing Mr. Wilson was lifted outside.

''Way to go Pete,'' several colleagues hollered as Mr. Wilson, looking pale and drawn, as Mr. Wilson's stretcher was rolled up a ramp to a side entrance of the Capitol. Mr. Wilson was then transferred to a wheelchair with an intravenous tube hanging from the side and was taken to the Senate Republican cloakroom to await the final vote.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Fun fact:

It seems it had been mostly Democrats that needed the emergency infusion of Congress members for critical votes.
12 Congressmen Who Risked Their Health to Vote
Senator John McCain plans to vote on healthcare reform today despite having recently undergone surgery for brain cancer. But McCain's not the first to risk his health for a vote.

Nishant Mohan
Jul 25, 2017 3:40 PM EDT

https://www.thestreet.com/politics/12-c ... e-14241812
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Al Green leaves hospital to cast vote against Alejandro Mayorkas impeachment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68228938
A Democratic lawmaker from Texas left the hospital briefly to cast a crucial vote against the impeachment of the homeland security secretary.

Al Green surprised House members when he entered the chamber in a wheelchair while wearing hospital scrubs.

The 76-year-old's trip from the emergency room, where he was having abdominal surgery, proved decisive.

House Republicans ultimately failed to impeach Alejandro Mayorkas with the final tally at 216-214.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Blam!
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Rep. Tom McClintock responds to Marjorie Taylor Greene saying that he needs to “read the room” because “he’s failing his oath of office.”

McClintock: “Instead of reading the room, I’d suggest that maybe she read the Constitution that she took an oath to support and defend.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:22 pm Blam!
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Rep. Tom McClintock responds to Marjorie Taylor Greene saying that he needs to “read the room” because “he’s failing his oath of office.”

McClintock: “Instead of reading the room, I’d suggest that maybe she read the Constitution that she took an oath to support and defend.”
I suspect that emptygee has never read the Constitution, assuming she can even read.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:27 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:22 pm Blam!

I suspect that emptygee has never read the Constitution, assuming she can even read.
She’s been mocked for pointing at copy with her finger while reading it. Apparently this technique used in primary grades. (Not at my school.)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

S-o s-h-e c-a-n s-o-u-n-d o-u-t t-h-e w-o-r-d-s.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:17 pm S-o s-h-e c-a-n s-o-u-n-d o-u-t t-h-e w-o-r-d-s.
Indicktable
raison de arizona

Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene responds to British Foreign Secretary David Cameron urging Congress to pass Ukraine aid:

“Frankly, he can kiss my ass.”

MTG is a national embarrassment.
raison de arizona

Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene at COVID vaccine hearing: "I'm not a doctor, but I have a PhD in recognizing bullshit when I hear it."

She then claimed that hundreds of thousands of Americans died from the Covid Vaccine 🤡
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well Marge - publish the names of those hundreds of thousands of dead people.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"These reports came from people. People who died."

That's some trick you stupid fucknut.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:55 pm
Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene at COVID vaccine hearing: "I'm not a doctor, but I have a PhD in recognizing bullshit when I hear it."

She then claimed that hundreds of thousands of Americans died from the Covid Vaccine 🤡
My first words after that (assuming she shuts up) would be something to the effect; "I am more than willing to concede you have a PhD in bullshit."
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, I'm glad to see that those reports came from people, some of them dead, but whatever. :?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

This brick-stupid anti-vax bullshit is obscene in the face of the latest measles outbreak.

STFU Barney Rubble.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

Perna is in the red sweatshirt.
SeditionHunters @SeditionHunters wrote: Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene Introduces the Matthew Lawrence Perna Act of 2024

The Matthew Lawrence Perna Act enacts several essential reforms, including:

Prohibition of Detention for Nonviolent Political Protesters: This bill bars the unjust detention of nonviolent political protesters and allows for civil action against any violations.

Matthew Perna can be seen in the video below in the red sweatshirt (video complied by @the_silentkoala)

We clearly have a different definition of nonviolent! #WhoElectsThesePeople
St @Stacyseven wrote: Matthew Perna had pleaded guilty to the #January6th offenses, before he committed suicide, so I don't condone MTG exploiting his death in a election year to fundraise off of him.
nbcnews.com wrote: Capitol rioter awaiting sentencing dies by suicide, coroner says
Matthew Perna's “community (which he loved), his country, and the justice system killed his spirit and his zest for life,” his family said in an obituary.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

SeditionHunters @SeditionHunters wrote:
Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene Introduces the Matthew Lawrence Perna Act of 2024

The Matthew Lawrence Perna Act enacts several essential reforms, including:

Prohibition of Detention for Nonviolent Political Protesters: This bill bars the unjust detention of nonviolent political protesters and allows for civil action against any violations.
Unless you're black.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It's based on the myth of "political protest" and "unjust." Of course, it was not a mere protest, but she's taken to calling any peaceful protest in DC an "insurrection."
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Do we even have political "prisoners" in this country? Is that a crime or a statute? Would that include the mysterious people who snatched people off the street in Portland - people who were just walking around...is MTG defending those folks?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:30 pm Do we even have political "prisoners" in this country? Is that a crime or a statute? Would that include the mysterious people who snatched people off the street in Portland - people who were just walking around...is MTG defending those folks?
technically, Michael Cohen could be considered a "political prisoner" considering he was re-jailed for refusing to not publish a book about donnie dookiepants
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”