💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/17 ... 93005?s=20
Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: GOP Senator Thom Tillis slams his “immoral” Republican colleagues for scuttling an immigration-Ukraine aid deal on behalf of Trump:

“I didn’t come here to have the president as a boss or a candidate as a boss. I came here to pass good, solid policy.
It is immoral for me to think you looked the other way because you think this is the linchpin for President Trump to win.”

Good for him.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Post by keith »

Some folk seem to recognize that Trump is trying to hand Democrats a bat with which to smack both Republicans and Trumpians upside the head with.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reminds me of this.

Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:54 pm Reminds me of this.

:thumbsup:
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

-
Oh good lord...
-

CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk

House Republicans release two articles of impeachment against Homeland Security chief Alejandro Mayorkas, accusing him of "high crimes and misdemeanors" https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/28/politics ... index.html
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This 12 year old video from The Onion is very much on point.

Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rimshot:
raison de arizona

Angry Staffer 🌻 @Angry_Staffer wrote: This backfired spectacularly.

FOX: Why give Biden this (win) in an election year?

Lankford then breaks down how the bill *would* solve a lot of the issues, and reminds the host that they all took an oath to the constitution, even in election years.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Lankford has been in the news lately.

I saw him being royally ripped on social media for saying he had no problem voting for fuckhead, 91 indictments notwithstanding.

So it's interesting seeing him calling out the House.

I'm waiting for the PRIMARY HIM shouts, but not hearing any yet.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Putting this here because I have no clue what it's about.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1752047801695891880?s=20
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 2.41.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 2.41.33 PM.png (379.55 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

WE WANT ALL THE DOCUMENTS THAT TELL YOU TO LIE ABOUT NANCY PELOSI STOPPING TRUMP BRINGING IN THE NATIONAL GUARD!!

Well that should be easy to fulfill.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ranking Member Raskin Urges Chairman Comer to Investigate Whether Former President Trump’s Attorneys Lied about Chairman Comer’s Statements to Bury Further Evidence of Trump’s Foreign Emoluments
Following Chairman Comer’s Statements, Ranking Member Raskin Also Calls for Committee to Issue a New Subpoena to Mazars

Jan 26, 2024
Press Release

Washington, D.C. (January 26, 2024)—Today, Rep. Jamie Raskin, Ranking Member of the Committee on Oversight and Accountability, sent a letter to Chairman James Comer pressing

him to launch an immediate investigation into the apparent efforts of Trump’s counsel to deliberately mislead counsel for Mazars, former President Trump’s accounting firm, by falsely claiming the Committee had no interest in requiring Mazars to complete document productions under a court-supervised settlement agreement. The request follows recent public comments in which Chairman Comer explained that he “had no involvement” to cut off the flow of Trump documents from Mazars to the Committee in early 2023. Noting Chairman Comer’s claims, Ranking Member Raskin also urged him to issue a new subpoena to former President Donald Trump’s former accounting firm, Mazars USA, LLP (Mazars), so that the Committee can receive all responsive documents pertaining to payments Trump illegally accepted while in office in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
“If, as you stated, you were not involved in—much less directing—the termination of document productions to the Committee, I urge you to launch an immediate investigation into the false and fraudulent misrepresentations by former President Trump’s attorneys, and to join me in ensuring the Committee receives from Mazars all the records it has pertaining to all the payments received by former President Trump from all foreign governments during the entirety of his presidency. Former President Trump’s acceptance of these payments is not only illegal and unconstitutional but also raises significant national security concerns as the corrupt and autocratic foreign governments making these payments sought—and often received—favors and specific foreign policy outcomes,” wrote Ranking Member Raskin.

https://oversightdemocrats.house.gov/ne ... her-former
raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:10 pm Lankford has been in the news lately.

I saw him being royally ripped on social media for saying he had no problem voting for fuckhead, 91 indictments notwithstanding.

So it's interesting seeing him calling out the House.

I'm waiting for the PRIMARY HIM shouts, but not hearing any yet.
I dunno what is going on with him, he is all over the place.
https://x.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/17517 ... 78506?s=20
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: James Lankford testified in a deposition that he thinks 13-year-old girls can consent to sex: “Yes, I think they can.”

When pressed if his answer was still the same “if I ask you that question in terms of your position as a father,” Lankford doubled down: “Yes, they can.”
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: MARGARET BRENNAN: Trump was ordered to pay $83m to a person that a jury found he defamed after a separate jury found he sexually assaulted her. Does it give you any pause about him returning to office?

SEN. JAMES LANKFORD: It doesn't
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Gonna have to keep an eye on him.

Zealot. Misogynist. Ew.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Sure sounds like there is something in his history about a 13 year old and consent… :sick:
raison de arizona

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:37 pm Sure sounds like there is something in his history about a 13 year old and consent… :sick:
Disturbingly, Lankford has two daughters.
bob

Post by bob »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:43 pm Putting this here because I have no clue what it's about.

The CW is it is about J6.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Just kidding!
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Sen. Lankford (R): “Republicans...would not give funding for Ukraine, for Israel, and for our southern border because we demanded changes in policy...and now...they’re like, ‘Oh, just kidding. I actually don’t want a change in law because it’s a presidential election year.’”
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: McGovern: You say this is not going to be fixed with laws. Then what the hell are we doing here?

McClintock: Laying the foundation for an administration that will enforce these laws

McGovern: Who? The guy has been indicted on 91 felony counts?
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: McClintock: What Trump says and what he is quoted as saying are two different things.

Nadler: It’s on tape!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:43 pm Putting this here because I have no clue what it's about.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 7.14.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 7.14.13 PM.png (64.86 KiB) Viewed 553 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lankford is also a Baptist minister.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Goldman: Your own party Is sabotaging and undermining this administration's efforts to address the border while you are trying to impeach him by saying that they're not addressing the border The hypocrisy is the least of it. Your attack on the rule of law is the worst of it.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Thanks for posting this. I've been listening to C-SPAN, and I though Goldman's no-notes statement was eloquent and spot on.

Return to “Current Politics”