Donald J. Trump 2024

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

From the more things change, the more they... Wait. No. Things have changed.
https://x.com/MEPFuller/status/1745621320509833627?s=20
Matt Fuller @MEPFuller wrote: Just as a reminder, it was a big deal in 1992 when George H.W. Bush didn’t know the price of a gallon of milk.

Two days ago, Donald Trump claimed gas was as much as $8 a gallon.

The average price of a gallon in Iowa today is $2.75.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

Gift link: https://wapo.st/4209vUr
Two Iowa counties an hour apart show America’s growing political divide
Rural Decatur County has moved sharply red, while suburban Dallas County has shifted the other direction
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

Every accusation a confession.
Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: Donald Trump on President Biden:

“Crooked Joe Biden isn't only dumb and incompetent, I believe that he has gone mad. A stark raving lunatic…He’s a mental catastrophe that’s leading our country to hell.”

Trump is a perfect case study in psychological projection.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:37 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:34 pm Is attending a criminal trial optional? I would have thought, not.
It can be. A judge may order (or waive) a defendant's appearance, depending on the circumstances.
Defendants in criminal trials are always warned at the time of arraignment that their failure to appear in subsequent sessions constitutes a waiver of whatever constitutional rights append to their presence at those sessions - most notably the 5th Amendment due process right to be present at all stages of the proceeding and the 6th Amendment right to confront one’s accuser. Their failure to appear isn’t going to delay anything, and the trial will proceed without them.

Most criminal defendants know it is in their own interest to show up. Some obviously have no choice - those in custody, for example.

I had an appellate client once who got convicted of rape on the thinnest of evidence and completely flipped out and absconded for the sentencing phase, which went on without him. I think the jury bent over backwards not to hold his absconding against him (and iirc the judge instructed them that were recommending a sentence for the crime he was actually convicted of, not the unauthorized absence). I think the guy came back while the jury was deliberating.

Having a client fail to appear is a defense lawyer’s worst nightmare. The judge is going to blame the lawyer for failing to adequately communicate to the client the importance of his presence.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:34 pm He's not one to talk about senior issues...

I haven't seen a link yet, but I *think* I heard mention on CNN of Trump team hiring SUVs or similar in Iowa to get peeps through the snow to the caucus on Monday. I could be wrong, it was pre-covfefe. I don't know about trusting campaign team to get them back home, wasn't there at least one time they hired some buses to bring them in to a rally, but the buses didn't show up to get them back to their cars?
this, maybe other events too
Trump rally attendees were stranded in the cold for hours in Omaha

By Caitlin O'Kane
Updated on: October 29, 2020 / 9:22 AM EDT / CBS News

President Trump held a rally in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night – but it's what happened after the rally that many reporters and attendees are talking about. Police said the last person was loaded into a bus from the site of the rally close to midnight, hours after it ended.

Fox News' West Coast correspondent Jeff Paul tweeted videos from the rally at Eppley Airfield, writing: "Thousands of people left out in the cold and stranded in Omaha, Nebraska after a Trump rally."

"I'm told the shuttles aren't operating & there aren't enough busses," Paul's tweet continued. "Police didn't seem to know what to do. Some walked. I saw at least one woman getting medical attention." The video he shared showed lines of people standing outside in the dark.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-rall ... pitalized/
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:34 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:34 pm He's not one to talk about senior issues...

I haven't seen a link yet, but I *think* I heard mention on CNN of Trump team hiring SUVs or similar in Iowa to get peeps through the snow to the caucus on Monday. I could be wrong, it was pre-covfefe. I don't know about trusting campaign team to get them back home, wasn't there at least one time they hired some buses to bring them in to a rally, but the buses didn't show up to get them back to their cars?
this, maybe other events too
Trump rally attendees were stranded in the cold for hours in Omaha

By Caitlin O'Kane
Updated on: October 29, 2020 / 9:22 AM EDT / CBS News

President Trump held a rally in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night – but it's what happened after the rally that many reporters and attendees are talking about. Police said the last person was loaded into a bus from the site of the rally close to midnight, hours after it ended.

Fox News' West Coast correspondent Jeff Paul tweeted videos from the rally at Eppley Airfield, writing: "Thousands of people left out in the cold and stranded in Omaha, Nebraska after a Trump rally."

"I'm told the shuttles aren't operating & there aren't enough busses," Paul's tweet continued. "Police didn't seem to know what to do. Some walked. I saw at least one woman getting medical attention." The video he shared showed lines of people standing outside in the dark.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-rall ... pitalized/
What kind of idiots . . . yeah, never mind.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

Thanks RTH, that's the one I was thinking of.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

At least four of them...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/politics ... index.html
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

Does he have enough money in a donation account to hire SUVs in any great numbers? Becasue he sure as feck does not have the money himself, nor would he bother spending uit on other people if he did.

Besides, if he did, they would all slide off the road anyway. And kill several Trump voters.
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sad-cafe »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:56 pm From the more things change, the more they... Wait. No. Things have changed.
https://x.com/MEPFuller/status/1745621320509833627?s=20
Matt Fuller @MEPFuller wrote: Just as a reminder, it was a big deal in 1992 when George H.W. Bush didn’t know the price of a gallon of milk.

Two days ago, Donald Trump claimed gas was as much as $8 a gallon.

The average price of a gallon in Iowa today is $2.75.

I filled up my Jeep for 1.69 a gallon. Had 1$ off Dillons
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

JakeMusc 🌎🇺🇸 💙 🎸 @JakeMuscS wrote: The Trump campaign still owed these cities money that he's never paid for rallies he had.

Albuquerque won't let him have another rally until his bill is paid with penalties for late payment !!!

His credit score is ZERO!
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Flatpoint High »

this has really triggered MAGAdonians:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

That Lincoln Project video is perfect. Bravo :clap:

A question from curious me who isn't familiar with the eastern states. Trump left the courthouse yesterday and went to New Hampshire and back. I assume in his jet? How long would it take to get to NY airport (or wherever he parks it) and flies to NH makes his speech and goes back to NY? That's quite a lot of time suck...
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

538 ABC: The party has decided — on Donald Trump:
His glut of endorsements suggests he’s very likely to win the GOP nomination.
Unlike in 2016, many people are lining up to endorse him. And some are not endorsing anyone (yet). Haley and DeSantis are picking up relatively few endorsements.

Endorsement count is a good leading indicator, but not surefire. Just ask 2008 Clinton.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

Counter-point.

Iowa.webp
Iowa.webp (43.97 KiB) Viewed 23132 times
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

That's less than 50%. They were making great hay that tfg crossed the 50% line. Did some caucus goers abstain? And therefore he got >50% of the votes cast, but not of the caucus goers?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

He didn't pull ten percent of GOP registered voters in Iowa either. This does not sound like an enthusiastic endorsement by Iowans. Let's hope this lack of participation is reflected in November.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

I guess the big question is how many of them will come home as opposed to staying home or even voting Biden or third-party
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Luke »

James Carville noted the red spots on Donald's hands and consulted doctors, and they were unanimous that he has secondary syphilis. Video in tweet.

Mike Sington @MikeSington 4h
“This man has the clap!” James Carville says he’s consulted doctors and it’s “unanimous” that Trump’s hand sores are the result of secondary syphilis. (Video: Politicon)

Annadelf @Annadel72323904 24m
"Pumping this thing like a young dog on furniture"--LOVE THE IMAGERY!
James Carville is a true poet.

MAGAs are OUTRAGED.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
much ado

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by much ado »

bill_g wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:51 am He didn't pull ten percent of GOP registered voters in Iowa either. This does not sound like an enthusiastic endorsement by Iowans. Let's hope this lack of participation is reflected in November.
Yeah, he pulled in a whopping less than 7.5% of registered GOP voters. Let's hope he keeps that up.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Crime Free Zones - you will get them with the former guy!

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

Karnac says that Trump will not be seen in public without gloves ever again.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Geez, I hope he didn't give it to Stormy Daniels.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

It's just how they roll.
Josh '𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖔𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝕵𝕻𝕲' Gray 🌵 @AZNotoriousJPG wrote: Today's irony:
A church where a Christian teacher has been arrested for sexually assaulting a child is hosting an event for someone found guilty of sexual assault...
azfamily 3TV CBS 5 @azfamily wrote: Dream City Christian teacher accused of sexually assaulting a student https://azfamily.com/2024/01/19/dream-c ... g-student/

Return to “US President”