trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by raison de arizona »

Letitia James did obtain her license to practice law in 1989, but it is rather doubtful that she was driving anyone out of NY 35 years ago. In fact, she was working as a public defender for the Legal Aid Society at that time. Exxon must have foreseen the future she had in front of her. I guess.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Trump says AG James is the reason why Exxon left New York and moved to Texas. Exxon moved to Texas in 1989
In semi-related news, who knew Letitia James was 65? I had assumed her to be a solid ten years younger, if not more. She's looking good!
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2024/01/1 ... lf-ballys/
The lengthy process to excise former president Donald Trump’s brand from a New York City golf course finally came to a close on Thursday as leaders from the nation’s largest metropolitan area gathered to unveil a new sign.

Ferry Point, which sits in the Bronx alongside the East River, was officially renamed Bally’s Golf Links on Thursday and NYC mayor Eric Adams was on hand for a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Previously, the course had been known as Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point and was under the direction of the Trump Organization.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:13 pm
Habba, who earlier in the day made news for saying she would rather be pretty than smart,
She nailed it.
I saw that. Her rationale was that she could fake being smart.
It appears you also can fake being (more) pretty:
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Helping Melanie through her grief.

raison de arizona

On his closing argument, such as it was.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

"witch hunt" -- we already found the criminal and it is not a witch -- drama queen.
raison de arizona

On his fraud trial.
► Show Spoiler
On war.
► Show Spoiler
On his primary competition.
► Show Spoiler
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:37 pm On his fraud trial.
► Show Spoiler
On war.
► Show Spoiler
On his primary competition.
► Show Spoiler
These remarks seem well-measured and thoughtful.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

So. Much. Winning.

tfg ordered to pay $400k attorney's fees in NYT case.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... e-decision
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Trail? Defence? Who knew he was a British outdoorsman?
raison de arizona

Sniffles the KKKlown.
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Donald J. Trump seems to have some sort of problem with his sinuses. It's the dead of winter in Iowa so I'm not sure how this could be caused by seasonal allergies. I'm not sure what causes this but none of the other candidates sniff so much.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:19 pm Sniffles the KKKlown.
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Donald J. Trump seems to have some sort of problem with his sinuses. It's the dead of winter in Iowa so I'm not sure how this could be caused by seasonal allergies. I'm not sure what causes this but none of the other candidates sniff so much.
I suffer from allergies and chronic sinusitis; believe it or not, in the middle of winter storm Gerri, my local pollen count is considered very high for tree pollen. I don't get it, but I can attest to it as all I'm doing (besides clearing snow) is blowing my nose.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:19 pm Sniffles the KKKlown.
Um, I get annoying sinuses every time the weather changes, or say, when some system blows through. I am also a rather bit younger than Trump.

This is not news, this is not a thing.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Good point, I have allergies all the time in winter, even when I lived in NY.

Reese Gorman @reesejgorman wrote: New: Oversight Ranking Member JAMIE RASKIN sent a letter to TRUMP demanding he returns the $7.8 million his businesses made from foreign governments while President
The letter:
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

A small dose of reality for tfg.
https://x.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/17457 ... 19022?s=20
Jo @JoJoFromJerz wrote: FACT: Cyrus Vance (NY DA at the time) began issuing subpoenas in the hush money payment case in August of 2019.

FACT: Fani Willis launched her investigation into Trump in 2021.

FACT: The United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack opened their investigation in July of 2021.

FACT: Letitia James opened her NYC business fraud investigation into Trump in 2019.

FACT: The National Archives first asked Donald Trump to return the classified documents he took in May of 2021.
He only returned some, not all. So, in March of 2022, the FBI opened an investigation. That August, they searched Mar-a-Lago.

Donald Trump announced his candidacy on November, 15, 2022.

FACT: all four (4) investigations into Trump were undertaken BEFORE he ever announced he was running again.

FACT: He’s not being indicted in the middle of his campaign, he’s campaigning in the middle of his indictments.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:21 pm :snippity: https://twitter.com/reesejgorman/status ... 53318?s=20
New: Oversight Ranking Member JAMIE RASKIN sent a letter to TRUMP demanding he returns the $7.8 million his businesses made from foreign governments while President
So, sure, it's an OK piece of performative legislative theater, and Rep . Raskin is a good guy, but why did he address former President Trump as "President Trump." :nope:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

chancery wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:21 pm :snippity: https://twitter.com/reesejgorman/status ... 53318?s=20
New: Oversight Ranking Member JAMIE RASKIN sent a letter to TRUMP demanding he returns the $7.8 million his businesses made from foreign governments while President
So, sure, it's an OK piece of performative legislative theater, and Rep . Raskin is a good guy, but why did he address former President Trump as "President Trump." :nope:
Convention, sadly. With direct address, the "former" is dropped. Raskin had the choice of "Mr. T" or President T."

When you're referring to the former president the way I just did, you call him "the former president. As in "former president T" or "the former president" lied forty two times in court today.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

True dat. Raskin looks like the grown-up. If Prisoner #P01135809 responds, it will be childish.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Trump Monday: I need closing arguments postponed 3 weeks so I can stay home & comfort grieving Melania.

Trump Today to Iowans: “I’ll get to see you Sunday & Monday & maybe Sat night late. We wouldn’t miss it for anything!”
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

[/quote]
[/quote]

It has the value of reinforcing that is was Trump as President of the US if A that was being bought by foreigners

And just not a sleazy dodge hotel owner.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Re: the sniffling, I was fine in 70° Florida, but ever since I arrived in 0°Missouri, my nose has been running like a faucet. I’m sure there’s a logical explanation.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:20 am Re: the sniffling, I was fine in 70° Florida, but ever since I arrived in 0°Missouri, my nose has been running like a faucet. I’m sure there’s a logical explanation.
Welcome to flyover country. It's what we do.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:06 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:20 am Re: the sniffling, I was fine in 70° Florida, but ever since I arrived in 0°Missouri, my nose has been running like a faucet. I’m sure there’s a logical explanation.
Welcome to flyover country. It's what we do.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... ld-weather

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”