trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Rolodex

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by Rolodex »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:14 pm Would a lawyer discourage this kind of obvious falsehood? (Since he’s claiming they don’t have access.)
Who knows what they tell him? But he spews his garbage all the time and his lawyers say nothing in public (except Habba). I guess I should say his normal lawyers don't say anything. I can't name any off the top of my head who are representing him in most of these cases. The few whose names I knew seem to have ... moved on (quit).

It wouldn't matter anyway. Cult 45 listens only to their leader.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:02 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:14 pm Would a lawyer discourage this kind of obvious falsehood? (Since he’s claiming they don’t have access.)
Who knows what they tell him? But he spews his garbage all the time and his lawyers say nothing in public (except Habba). I guess I should say his normal lawyers don't say anything. I can't name any off the top of my head who are representing him in most of these cases. The few whose names I knew seem to have ... moved on (quit).

It wouldn't matter anyway. Cult 45 listens only to their leader.
I’m wondering only if normally an attorney would discourage it.
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:09 pm I’m wondering only if normally an attorney would discourage it.
Yes. Which is why whenever someone is asked about a pending lawsuit, the answer always is, "[On the advice of my counsel,] I can't comment on pending litigation."

Because every sane person knows what you say outside of the courtroom eventually will be used against you in the courtroom.

Here, a competent attorney would write a CYA memo for the files.
Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

(For a bit of history on the below, see posts in this thread starting at viewtopic.php?p=146502&hilit=ACN#p146478)

Video Phones Could Land Donald Trump in Big Trouble
Donald Trump is facing trial on January 29 for allegedly duping people into investing in a loss-making video phone.

The lawsuit, filed in Manhattan, New York, in 2018, alleges Trump received millions of dollars in secret payments "to promote and endorse" ACN, a marketing company promoting a new type of video phone.

Video phones, popularized in the 2000s, were replaced by smartphones with the video chat feature. Skype introduced video calling in 2006 and Apple popularized video chat with a front-facing camera installed in its iPhone in 2010.

The lawsuit alleges that Trump promoted the product on the TV show Celebrity Apprentice without disclosing that ACN was paying him.

The current Republican frontrunner for 2024 allegedly said at the time that ACN's video phones were doing "half-a-billion dollars' worth of sales a year."

"Trump also told investors that he had 'experienced the opportunity' and 'done a lot of research,' and that his endorsement was 'not for any money.' Not a word of this was true," the lawsuit states. Newsweek sought email comment on Saturday from Donald Trump's attorney, John Lauro, and from Roberta Kaplan, the attorney representing the plaintiffs.

Trump has already been deposed in the case, which is among a large line of criminal and civil trials the former president is facing in 2024.

"Trump told prospective investors that "[y]ou have a great opportunity before you at ACN without any of the risks most entrepreneurs have to take," according to the 161-page complaint filed in 2018.

The lawsuit alleges Trump received secret payments for inviting two of the founders of ACN into Celebrity Apprentice, the reality show that Trump hosted.
More at the link above.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Um, yeah. :roll:
---

“I’m going to make a heavy play for New York, heavy play for New Jersey, heavy play for Virginia, heavy play for New Mexico, and a heavy play for a state that hasn’t been won in years, Minnesota. I’m going to do rallies, I’m going to do speeches, I’m going to work them.

“That doesn’t mean I’m going to work them as hard as I work Pennsylvania, where I’m doing very well. But we’re going to do these other states too, and it will be a heavy move.

“I may rent Madison Square Garden and that’s the belly of the beast, right? So, I believe we have a chance to win New York. I believe we have a chance to win New Jersey.” – Donald Trump, who lost New York by 22 points in 2020, speaking today to Breitbart.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Hoo boy I forgot about the video phone case. I need to find the calendar I saw the other day that had all his legal stuff organized by date.

These cases get filed (big news!) and then the trial isn't for 3 more years and I've forgotten all about it by then (and got distracted by new cases).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney

JUST IN: Judge Mehta has dismissed all but one count in the lawsuit brought by USCP Officer Brian Sicknick's partner, Sandra Garza, against Trump and two Jan. 6 defendants involved in using chemical spray against Sicknick.

But as executor of Sicknick's will, Garza can sue on his behalf under Washington, D.C.'s "Survival Act", Mehta ruled.
Ruling - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 2.55.0.pdf

(Previous post re this, further up thread - viewtopic.php?p=175835&hilit=sicknick#p175835)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

In the may rent Madison Square Garden, the word MAY is doing all the heavy lifting.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.the-independent.com/news/wo ... 71983.html
Donald Trump is set to face another civil trial for allegedly duping investors into putting money into a failed video phone.

The trial relates to the activities of ACN Inc, a multilevel marketing firm, and is scheduled to start on 29 January, though the case might be pushed to a later date, reported Newsweek.

Four anonymous plaintiffs in the proposed class action accused Mr Trump, his children Donald Jr, Eric and Ivanka, and an affiliate of the Trump Organization of promoting ACN in exchange for millions of dollars in secret payments from 2005 to 2015.

The plaintiffs said Mr Trump’s endorsement, including on episodes of his TV show The Celebrity Apprentice, conned them into thinking their investments would pay off.

ACN would charge $499 to clients to sell videophones and other goods, the plaintiffs alleged, in the lawsuit moved before Manhattan court in 2018. They said the real goal was for the Trumps to enrich themselves, including through the receipt of millions of dollars in secret payments from 2005 to 2015.
Don't know if this is the best place to put this or if it's come up before.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:05 pm In the may rent Madison Square Garden, the word MAY is doing all the heavy lifting.
MSG is majority owned by the Dolan family ,(hard right wingers).
Still, he would have to pay up front for the venue and NYC for providing police and security. He does not pay his tab and still owes venues and cities around the country which he refuses to settle up on.

CASH UP FRONT!!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:54 pm
Was this photo taken the same night as Lara trump's Cher Wanna Be appearance? If so, it really was Skank Night at Maralago.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Now I'm really confused...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fe ... dab9&ei=42
Fallen Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s estate sued Donald Trump for “inciting” the riot that included a pepper spray attack on him. (Photos via Capitol Police and Getty)

The Washington, D.C. judge overseeing the wrongful death lawsuit against former President Donald Trump filed by Brian Sicknick’s longtime partner over the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol Complex swiftly and tidily rejected presidential immunity claims on Tuesday.

In a markedly terse analysis, U.S. District Court Judge Amit P. Mehta rejected the former president’s arguments out of hand.

“The court first addresses, and quickly disposes of, former President Trump’s assertion of immunity from suit,” the judge wrote in the 12-page memorandum opinion and order obtained by Law&Crime.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Saw this on facebook and it was funny, and since the Political toons thread gives me eyestrain I'll drop it here.

Washed up.jpg
Washed up.jpg (117.54 KiB) Viewed 64897 times
Hic sunt dracones
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

All the pics I see from MAL look like a parody of a mafia movie.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:15 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:05 pm In the may rent Madison Square Garden, the word MAY is doing all the heavy lifting.
MSG is majority owned by the Dolan family ,(hard right wingers).
Still, he would have to pay up front for the venue and NYC for providing police and security. He does not pay his tab and still owes venues and cities around the country which he refuses to settle up on. Use of the facility 3 times a year is included in the franchise agreement.

CASH UP FRONT!!
tfg sees an opportunity here. He could get the Dolan's to pony up a few hundred mil for the rights to use the Trump brand and rebrand the place as "Trump Gardens at Madison Square" or some such.

Of course that payment is only for the first year, ongoing franchise fees of $20mil are due January 1 every year for 10 years.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

All the women look like hookers/prostitutes. Is that neon being mean again ?
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:59 am All the women look like hookers/prostitutes. Is that neon being mean again ?
Nah, that's okay; Don looks like a john, which he was/is.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A news item just flashed by and suggested they ladies were auditing for the VP position ... :cantlook: :twisted:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

David Pakman commenting about New Years eve party in Mar a Lago and the former guy visibly detached from the happenings around him
► Show Spoiler
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:51 am A news item just flashed by and suggested they ladies were auditing for the VP position ... :cantlook: :twisted:
Yeah ... they are TFG's new accountants ... that's the ticket!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He looks like an animatronic.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Heard thru the grapevines - Elon Musk is testing his new robot ... ;)
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Okay it's probably just cause I'm an oldie, but what is up with these women's lips? Did I miss a memo somewhere? Is stung on the lip by a wasp the new hotness? Curious minds want to know.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

qbawl wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:48 pm Okay it's probably just cause I'm an oldie, but what is up with these women's lips? Did I miss a memo somewhere? Is stung on the lip by a wasp the new hotness? Curious minds want to know.
Those are lip fillers, commonly referred to as DSLs, d!ck sucking lips.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

poplove wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:04 pm
qbawl wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:48 pm Okay it's probably just cause I'm an oldie, but what is up with these women's lips? Did I miss a memo somewhere? Is stung on the lip by a wasp the new hotness? Curious minds want to know.
Those are lip fillers, commonly referred to as DSLs, d!ck sucking lips.
Ah I see! Well at least they serve a huMANitarian purpose. All is well!

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”