Donald J. Trump 2024

Annrc
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by Annrc »

The repetition of so many negative words is unbelievable. And…Dictatorship. Hmm.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Maddow has added significant clarity to my understanding of what is going on.

She says that the mob is not following TFG; TFG was picked by the mob. The various forces that have arisen (autocratic, racist, misogynistic, obsessed with punishing others--whatever: those people who want to end our way of gov't) latched on to TFG, and he (as has often been observed) feeds them what they want. Of course it would take a soulless, hateful person to fulfill their desires.

This goes a long way to explain the "voting against their own interests" phenomenon, as well as the "what will it take for them to see" phenomenon. Their interests are destruction and christo-fascism, and he is giving them what they want, as defined by them. Nothing will make them see how criminal/anti-democratic he is, because they themselves are criminal/anti-democratic.

Of course those words come up in TFG's word cloud; they are the words of the mob.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think it's Thom Hartmann who has always said leaders follow the mob. And I've always agreed. A few years ago, I was at a friend's home, very conservative tfg voters. I think my husband and I were the only one there who hadn't voted for him. I listened with a horrified fascination. I thought it was like sitting in the dining room in Germany in the 30s.

If people are content, they aren't looking for someone like tfg. But we've had decades of making people believe they have lots of reasons to not be content and have lots of grievances.

The rich are very rich, and no one should be a billionaire. I think I read recently there are 26 or 2700 billionaires. They take way more than their fair shares and enrich themselves at the cost of the planet and living organism on it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

If you zoom in on the upper left it says dictatership
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:35 pm Maddow has added significant clarity to my understanding of what is going on. ....

That put things in a whole new perspective.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

The shit he fucking whines about
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

OFFS, EVERYONE KNOWS he demanded inclusion with a cameo to grant filming.
Fuck Him!
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“How Donald Trump ‘Bullied’ His Way Into ‘Home Alone 2’”:
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/ ... 234936133/
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don’t think Home Alone 2 was the only movie he bullied his way into. I’d heard that anytime anyone wanted to film at one of his properties, part of the payment was a cameo. I believe there once was a scene with him and Bo Derek for which Ms Derek won a Razzie. Or was it trump? Everything trump touches dies.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Post by much ado »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:48 am I don’t think Home Alone 2 was the only movie he bullied his way into. I’d heard that anytime anyone wanted to film at one of his properties, part of the payment was a cameo. I believe there once was a scene with him and Bo Derek for which Ms Derek won a Razzie. Or was it trump? Everything trump touches dies.
The movie was "Ghosts Can't Do It" (1989). Here's a YT video report that says Bo Derek had good things to say about Trump's acting ability. :vomit: It also mentions other things Trump was in.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I remember seeing the scene. It was as cringeworthy as you can imagine. Too also, the last person I'd accept acting critiques from is Bo Derek. Her claim to fame was winning the gene lottery and catching the eye of an older director who exploited her looks. Other than that, she was just another cookie cutter pretty face.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I only recall Bo Derek (Mary Cathleen Collins) from some skanky teenage hormonal movie with her and a teen boy stranded on an island. Dumb movie. Never saw her act in anything else.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

neonzx wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:38 pm I only recall Bo Derek (Mary Cathleen Collins) from some skanky teenage hormonal movie with her and a teen boy stranded on an island. Dumb movie. Never saw her act in anything else.
Bo was in Ten, a Blake Edwards (Julie Andrew's husband) movie with Dudley Moore. I think the island movie you're recalling was with Brooke Shields. It was called The Blue Lagoon.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:38 pm I only recall Bo Derek (Mary Cathleen Collins) from some skanky teenage hormonal movie with her and a teen boy stranded on an island. Dumb movie. Never saw her act in anything else.
That sounds like Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields. I suppose Bo Derek could have been in a similar movie.

Edited to add - Ninja'd by Rolodex.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:01 pm
That sounds like Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields. I suppose Bo Derek could have been in a similar movie.

Edited to add - Ninja'd by Rolodex.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
To be fair, both movies came out about the same time. Both movies are pretty bad. Bo and Brooke do look somewhat alike, kind of generically pretty blond-ish young women.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Derek’s husband put her in a very offensive Tarzan-ish movie.

Just my arrogant opinion but i’ve always thought of Brooke shields as a gorgeous brunette. Loved her thick eyebrows, which she never allowed Hollywood to streamline. She was, however, similarly exploited sexually and that makes me sad.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bo Derek looked like her husband, John Derek- chiseled features, high cheekbones, made to order nose.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She was actually in a fair amount of movies and TV episodes. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000137/
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Bo Derek did beat out Brook Shields for The Golden Raspberries' Worst Actress of the Decade award, however, both Bo Derek and Brook Shields lost their Worst Actress of the Century award to Madonna.

Yeah, I realize we're getting a bit off topic here. :hide:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:31 am I remember seeing the scene. It was as cringeworthy as you can imagine. Too also, the last person I'd accept acting critiques from is Bo Derek. Her claim to fame was winning the gene lottery and catching the eye of an older director who exploited her looks. Other than that, she was just another cookie cutter pretty face.
Your opinion of her acting ability is indisputable but the part about a pretty face is in the eye of the beholder.

I for one have never considered Bo Derek even remotely pretty. Certainly not ugly of course but not pretty.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

John Solomon details the campaign strategy.
Boomerang? Trump aims to flip ‘extremism’ label on Democrats in 2024

In the 15 months since Joe Biden stunned the nation with an ominous speech that turned the walls of Philadelphia’s Independence Hall blood red with optical lights, Democrats have beaten a relentless drum that the "Make America Great Again" movement is, as the president declared, “an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.”

Now the founder and chief of the MAGA movement is leaning into that extremism debate, and betting on a boomerang.

Former President Donald Trump told Just the News in an interview this week that he is plotting an all-out campaign to convince the American electorate that Democrats are in fact the fringe party, so out of touch with Main Street USA that they opened the borders to millions of illegals and deadly fentanyl, enriched Iran’s terror machine, put biological men in women’s sports and locker rooms, and advocated for abortion on demand.

“It is a liability. They are extreme,” Trump said of Democrats during an interview Wednesday on the "Just the News, No Noise" television show.

For Trump, this isn’t just a rhetorical flourish. A review of his last few months of his speeches, rallies, and interviews shows the 45th president and leader of the 2024 GOP presidential race has been carefully testing a messaging platform that paints Biden and the Democrats into an extreme corner on more than a dozen issues.

And while he hasn’t commandeered Biden’s hellish red lights yet, Trump has even invoked the devil’s home a time or two in recent days. Some commentators saw parallels to the movie "V for Vendetta" and even went as far to be make comparisons to Nazi propagandist Leni Riefenstahl.

“We're going to bring our country back from hell. It's in hell. In hell. Not one thing has gotten better under crooked Joe Biden,” Trump told a boisterous rally in Durham, N.H., just before Christmas.
:snippity:
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... crats-2024
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Pfff.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Piece of crap calls for his cultists to steal your vote once again:
https://themessenger.com/politics/trump ... ap-come-in
Donald Trump called on his backers in Iowa to police voting booths in the presidential election this year.

"We have to secure the vote," he told them.

"You should all stay in the voting booths," he said. "You should stay there and watch. If you see bags of crap coming into the voting booths, you gotta stop it, you can't let it happen," Trump emphasized.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So... if his supporters stay in the voting booth, they cant deposit their vote, and the votes of the people in the QUEUE behind them wont be counted either.

Of course it will give him an excuse as to why he lost. How dare the CIA hire fake supporters to stay in voting booths.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:22 pm So... if his supporters stay in the voting booth, they cant deposit their vote, and the votes of the people in the QUEUE behind them wont be counted either.

Of course it will give him an excuse as to why he lost. How dare the CIA hire fake supporters to stay in voting booths.
FBI.

McFarland and the FBI posted that the DC pipe bomber is still at large, and a yuge number of fake accountspeople replied the FBI knows who it was-one of their agents. Yeah, that narrative keeps coming up. The FBI is behind everything.

Return to “US President”