It sucks growing old

Slim Cognito
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Slim Cognito »

:crying:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

It sucks growing old

Post by Foggy »

Oh, no. I can't believe we've lost such an intelligent man with such an incredible life experience. I knew he wasn't in good health, but this is a tragedy.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

It sucks growing old

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:brokenheart: :cry:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

It sucks growing old

Post by bill_g »

I'm sorry to hear this about Gregg. It's a living death. Ugh.
Attachments
699 airborne.jpg
699 airborne.jpg (177.89 KiB) Viewed 52148 times
Volkonski
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Volkonski »

Such sad news. :crying:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
SuzieC
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by SuzieC »

Sad news.
pipistrelle

It sucks growing old

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:19 pm Such a unique, funny, person. Expletives. :(
Yes.

I was worried about this kind of thing based on what he said was going on. Tragic. :brokenheart:
sugar magnolia

It sucks growing old

Post by sugar magnolia »

It sounded so hopeful just 2 months ago. I can't get him off my mind.
Lani

It sucks growing old

Post by Lani »

So sad. I miss him and his pups. :crying:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

It sucks growing old

Post by Lani »

Finally, the "kids" are moving out soon. They have to get their stuff out of their storage and out of my unit, and then move into their new rental this weekend (hopefully ). :dance: :thumbsup:

I've never lived alone here yet. When they take out all their things, I'll know what my home is really like! And there will be lots more space! And quiet! And I can hang my paintings and photos. And do laundery whenever I want to. And have more room in the frig. And less trash to put out. :daydreaming: :dance:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
qbawl

It sucks growing old

Post by qbawl »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:05 pm It sounded so hopeful just 2 months ago. I can't get him off my mind.
I know! in a DM early the morning of the 22 Nov. he indicated he planned to return to work on the 4th of December. I just can't wrap my head around this.
pipistrelle

It sucks growing old

Post by pipistrelle »

I’m glad to hear it. I’m surprised they didn’t understand the concept of adults paying the parent rent.
AndyinPA
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by AndyinPA »

Good news, Lani! :cheer2:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Annrc
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Annrc »

Yay, Lani!!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

It sucks growing old

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:00 pm I’m glad to hear it. I’m surprised they didn’t understand the concept of adults paying the parent rent.
:yeahthat:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

It sucks growing old

Post by sad-cafe »

qbawl wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:00 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:05 pm It sounded so hopeful just 2 months ago. I can't get him off my mind.
I know! in a DM early the morning of the 22 Nov. he indicated he planned to return to work on the 4th of December. I just can't wrap my head around this.
I am so sad
John Thomas8

It sucks growing old

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:09 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:00 pm I’m glad to hear it. I’m surprised they didn’t understand the concept of adults paying the parent rent.
:yeahthat:
Until you've attempted to raise someone with NPD, you have no idea what an adult child are is capable of not understanding. On purpose they don't understand.

I got Cs in high school English.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

It sucks growing old

Post by RTH10260 »

The Age Of Enlightenment Entitlement ...
Lani

It sucks growing old

Post by Lani »

Nope. They think they aren't causing any problems as well as little electricity.... Also taking over my refrigerator... But it's almost over, and they can't leave anything here. Mocha will be happy. He wasn't happy with them around. However, their cat is leaving for their new apartment, too. Mocha & cat became friends immediately, so maybe I will find Mocha a kitten. :biggrin:
Rolodex

It sucks growing old

Post by Rolodex »

Lani wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:16 pm
Nope. They think they aren't causing any problems as well as little electricity.... Also taking over my refrigerator... But it's almost over, and they can't leave anything here. Mocha will be happy. He wasn't happy with them around. However, their cat is leaving for their new apartment, too. Mocha & cat became friends immediately, so maybe I will find Mocha a kitten. :biggrin:
You might want to consider changing the locks. If you install a digital lock, you can give them timed codes if there is a need for them to go in. Otherwise, they won't be able to just enter whenever they want. I can see that happening since they lived there and are accustomed to doing that.

Being passive aggressive is a specialty of mine and I think going to a digital lock is a good example of that - just say you think it will be more convenient for you. LOL I have one from Ultralock (not for passive aggressive reasons - it's on my kid's condo at college). It's awesome - you can use your fingerprint or a code or shake your phone at it. I can also lock/unlock it with my app from anywhere and set timed codes for workers, etc.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:43 pm Finally, the "kids" are moving out soon.
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

It sucks growing old

Post by neonzx »

Short term emergency housing is one thing of course.

Yes, I have a guest bedroom. Guest does not mean permanent.

And I have heard other horror stories of the kids taking over the fridge and laundry before.

No GTFO. I love you very much, but time to go.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Slim Cognito »

My daughter had one of those digital locks because she would occasionally take in a roommate. She thought it was the greatest thing in the world.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

It sucks growing old

Post by sugar magnolia »

We have them on our rental units so we don't have to pay to have every lock changed when we change tenants. I'm a big fan.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

It sucks growing old

Post by neonzx »

I like the electronic locks on the couple short-term rental units Air B&B style I have. The regular annual rentals are old-school deadbolts. I can change out a deadbolt in about 3 minutes.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”