It sucks growing old

Annrc
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Annrc »

:bighug: take care. Time for a break and rest.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

It sucks growing old

Post by Foggy »

I'm glad you're making progress. :bighug:
She was drinking some dreadful vegetable smoothie
concoction that looked like minced caterpillars.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

It sucks growing old

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Get rested and better! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

It sucks growing old

Post by bill_g »

Well, we're approaching the end of the year, and 2023 wasn't very nice to a lot of us. We've been sick (like Lani), lost spouses (like Andy, Slim and myself), had surgeries (like Foggy), and some may have passed away / disappeared / ain't heared from 'em in a long while (like Zeke and Azastan).

So, As a quick reminder of our individual lives, I propose we post a summary of our year in a dozen words or less so we can all remember each other. Maybe a couple dozen words cuz some of us got dragged and then dipped and then flogged.

Myself - Mrs died. Her birthday was Friday. I'm okay but I still smoke, and I feel lost most days still.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

It sucks growing old

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Finally learned my health symptoms were chronic migraine(some neurologists consider fibromyalgia a type of migraine) and got a good nurse practitioner and preventative meds which help. Hubby came out of his post mother dying what do I do now depression and is himself again!! Hooray!

*DM’ed Azastan who is doing well. She just got frustrated with not being able to read Twitter posts.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Volkonski »

New grandson. My younger brother died. Mrs. V resigned as secretary of her early music association. I resigned as treasurer of our North Fork homeowners association.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
SuzieC
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by SuzieC »

A friend and I traveled to Tuscany for a fabulous culinary adventure. My son moved back and is now living at home again. I got a new kitten whose picture I posted in the Cats thread.

Has anyone heard from Gregg?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

It sucks growing old

Post by neonzx »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:32 pm
Has anyone heard from Gregg?
Nope. And I was thinking of him yesterday.. and now today.
Lani

It sucks growing old

Post by Lani »

bill_g wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:14 am Well, we're approaching the end of the year, and 2023 wasn't very nice to a lot of us. We've been sick (like Lani), lost spouses (like Andy, Slim and myself), had surgeries (like Foggy), and some may have passed away / disappeared / ain't heared from 'em in a long while (like Zeke and Azastan).

So, As a quick reminder of our individual lives, I propose we post a summary of our year in a dozen words or less so we can all remember each other. Maybe a couple dozen words cuz some of us got dragged and then dipped and then flogged.

Myself - Mrs died. Her birthday was Friday. I'm okay but I still smoke, and I feel lost most days still.
I'm so sorry, Bill. "2023 wasn't very nice to a lot of us."

I'm glad to retire. It's been hard to give up a salary, but now I know I'll survive. However, just after I moved into my condo, my son and his partner moved in. Their rented apartment was being sold, and the rHonolulu rent prices rose skyhigh. But now almost a year passed, and I still don't have my home. It's a simple condo, 2 bedroom, one bath, small kitchen. I love it because it has have a small, fenced yard for me and my dog and can walk to 2 parks nearby.

But son & partner aren't helpful, and they don't think they need to pay anything because I have to pay the mortage, electricity, condo fees, etc., anyway. I think the least they can do is clean the condo for me. :mad:

Sorry for ranting. Actually, I can rant more....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

It sucks growing old

Post by Frater I*I »

Some very bad news about Gregg over at our sister forum Quatloos...
Post by Parvati » 25 Dec 2023, 15:51

Hey, I know the timing of this is poor and I apologize. I wanted to let folks here know that Gregg had a very bad turn around Thanksgiving, and he’s been hospitalized for a month now. Long story short, he’s lost significant brain function and is not able to communicate, so he’s being moved to a skilled nursing facility once his insurance approves it. At this point, it is unlikely that he will return home. His own atheism aside, his sister said that prayers are welcome.

Oh, and the dogs are being well cared for, which must certainly give him some peace if he’s aware of it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope everyone else has been doing well.
https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewto ... 16&t=12407

:(
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

It sucks growing old

Post by John Thomas8 »

That's heartbreaking.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

It sucks growing old

Post by RTH10260 »

:(
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Uninformed

It sucks growing old

Post by Uninformed »

Such a unique, funny, person. Expletives. :(
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry. That hits close to home. :crying: :crying: :crying:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

It sucks growing old

Post by neonzx »

Well, at least we know he is in a safe environment and receiving proper care/treatment. Not a wonderful way to spend the holidays but I accept it.
sugar magnolia

It sucks growing old

Post by sugar magnolia »

Well, shit. He has a birthday coming up soon, too.
Annrc
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Annrc »

Oh no! So sad. Thank you for letting us know. Prayers.
Annrc
Verified:

It sucks growing old

Post by Annrc »

Lani, so glad you posted. What a situation to be in. Keep ranting. :bighug:
June bug

It sucks growing old

Post by June bug »

Oh no! Heartbreaking news about Gregg, but I’m grateful to know. I’ve worried about him so. He’s such a special guy. If there is no unlikely miracle, my prayer is that he’s at peace and can feel how much love surrounds him. :brokenheart:
Fiascoist

It sucks growing old

Post by Fiascoist »

:yeahthat: that news is really, really sad. His comments and retorts were always well thought out, pithy, and usually very funny. Always enjoyed reading his view on everything.
jemcanada2

It sucks growing old

Post by jemcanada2 »

Rant away, Lani! :bighug: :bighug:

I’m so sorry to hear the news about Gregg. A few years ago, he sent me some Chef Boyardee pizza kits because they don’t sell them in Canada any linger. When I thanked him, he replied “when you speak of me, speak well"

Everyone here is speaking well of him. I always have enjoyed his posts. This is such sad news. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
qbawl

It sucks growing old

Post by qbawl »

Damn, Gregg and I were making plans to go to meet for the first time (See note) in person Just two days before Thanksgiving. In fact my last DM to him was Thanksgiving morning when I told him I had just tested positive for covid and that would postpone our meetup for a bit. I'm so very sad.

Note: during one of the late lamented Tuesday night zoom meetups Gregg and I discovered that we had lived on the same street about ten houses apart back in the late '70s. In fact he dated the little girl who lived next door. Also, too he swore it wasn't him but I think he may have put a frog in our mailbox.
p0rtia

It sucks growing old

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, Frater. Damn damn damn.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

It sucks growing old

Post by raison de arizona »

Thank you Frater. Hate the bad news.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”