Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Bundy Clan 411

Post by Ben-Prime »

NewMexGirl wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:06 am
terrastomp wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:36 am
scirreeve wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:12 am

Hi Poppy - I looked at property records this morning. The PRN compound is in Crook County, not Jefferson County. I have no idea why this was filed in Jefferson County or what it is about. Terrebonne addresses are in 3 counties (Deschutes, Crook, and Jefferson).
Scir, I got this message from the PRN radio monitor:
" 'Round Butte' repeater is located at one of the churches in Madras I believe, which is Jefferson County."

It's my understanding the Terrebonne property was purchased by shares (somehow). They have plans for a school and of course, church. Presumably for the non profit status/tax exemption bennies. Plus the added benefit of perhaps shielding money from collectors ALA Diego.
I’ve looked up Round Butte but what is a “repeater?”
A repeater is a waystation that picks up and rebroadcasts to strengthen a radio signal, in a very simple and untechnical explanation.

Example: If your business is on one side of town and you have a fleet of trucks which roams all over town and the town is built in such a way that from construction or natural geography there are zones where the radio signals are weak, you'd put a repeater somewhere strategic to get the signal rebroadcast at a closer distance into those zones.

Also, be aware that 'Round Butte' in a search engine can be dangerous. Just sayin'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime

Bundy Clan 411

Post by Ben-Prime »

bill_g wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:34 am Since it's prefaced as a message from the radio monitor, a repeater is a radio range extender.

In general a radio system can only talk as far as the horizon because of the curvature of the Earth. That is roughly 15 miles when the origin antenna is at 10 feet of elevation. There are other limitations imposed by the specific transmitters, receivers, and antennas used. And there are even more limitations introduced by terrain, man-made noise, and weather. Some of these limitations can be mitagated by putting another radio at a higher elevation that will repeat a signal with the hopes it at least doubles the range to 30 miles. Give or take.
One of the running jokes when I was in London was that there was a certain building we had in sight from our window that clearly had radio repeaters on a very high spire and our own radio technicians were like "Do they give you a jetpack when it's your turn to service the things?"

This led to a secondary series of jokes about 'jetpack day' being short hand for 'radio maintenance day'.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Bundy Clan 411

Post by raison de arizona »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:16 pm Also, be aware that 'Round Butte' in a search engine can be dangerous. Just sayin'.
Reminds me of that time I had two pieces of latex I needed to stick together, let me tell you, "latex bondage" was NOT the right search term! :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime

Bundy Clan 411

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:20 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:16 pm Also, be aware that 'Round Butte' in a search engine can be dangerous. Just sayin'.
Reminds me of that time I had two pieces of latex I needed to stick together, let me tell you, "latex bondage" was NOT the right search term! :lol:
My former roommate from my grad school days, who 30+ years later is more family to me than most of my family, once had me in tears laughing about his current partner seeing a snake of a very dark hue in the yard of their rural acreage and rushing without thinking to google 'snake' along with um, two other words descriptive of size and coloration. Safe search was not engaged. I shall leave the rest to your imagination.

So Bryan hears a shriek out in the yard and the word 'snake' somewhere in there, then a quick opening and shutting of a door, and then about 10 seconds later, another round of shrieks from in the computer room, next door to the living room. He goes and peeks in and her shocked face was so genuine and priceless when it happened that he was laughing about it for days.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Bundy Clan 411

Post by bill_g »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:19 pm
One of the running jokes when I was in London was that there was a certain building we had in sight from our window that clearly had radio repeaters on a very high spire and our own radio technicians were like "Do they give you a jetpack when it's your turn to service the things?"

This led to a secondary series of jokes about 'jetpack day' being short hand for 'radio maintenance day'.
OMG. I have been on top of some buildings that made me quesy thinking about it. Grain elevators, skyscapers, bridges. I just had to pucker up and go. You wonder what genius thought it was good idea to put the equipment there. Case and point was the antenna at the top of the stack for the coal fired generator in Centralia WA. It's 600ft tall with a really steep aspect (it narrows as it goes up). But you climb it from inside the stack. The actual flume is a steel sleeve that goes straight up. It has a ladder attached that you climb until you reach the top. In darkness. In the heat and noise. With the wall behind you getting closer and closer as you near the top. Then you open a hatch and walk out on the rusty rattling open grid structure that collars the top. Oh yeah. I totally trusted that. I'm sure they maintained it on a regular basis. My legs were noodles. But I got it done. It took 45 minutes to climb, another hour to pull my tools and equipment up, an hour of work on top, and then do it all in reverse to get down. I'm glad I had good weather that day.

F*ck me. Never again.
Dave from down under

Bundy Clan 411

Post by Dave from down under »

Yeah - somethings are for the young and invincible
terrastomp

Bundy Clan 411

Post by terrastomp »

NewMexGirl wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:06 am
terrastomp wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:36 am
scirreeve wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:12 am

Hi Poppy - I looked at property records this morning. The PRN compound is in Crook County, not Jefferson County. I have no idea why this was filed in Jefferson County or what it is about. Terrebonne addresses are in 3 counties (Deschutes, Crook, and Jefferson).
Scir, I got this message from the PRN radio monitor:
" 'Round Butte' repeater is located at one of the churches in Madras I believe, which is Jefferson County."

It's my understanding the Terrebonne property was purchased by shares (somehow). They have plans for a school and of course, church. Presumably for the non profit status/tax exemption bennies. Plus the added benefit of perhaps shielding money from collectors ALA Diego.
I’ve looked up Round Butte but what is a “repeater?”
I guess I should have explained further, (Scir knows what I what talking about :doh: ) I have a friend who lives over there and monitors their radios. They have check ins and meetings 2-3 times a week, part of the PRN emergency response system.
terrastomp

Bundy Clan 411

Post by terrastomp »

RVInit wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:51 am
terrastomp wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:24 am
RVInit wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:06 pm
I noticed a distinct lack of details about his complaints of Juror 11.

According to juror 11 there were several jurors that would raise their hand for guilty verdicts each time they voted, but they were too intimidated by Juror 4 to actually help juror 11 with explaining the evidence that the defendants obviously engaged in a conspiracy. Once juror 11 was gone the intimidated jurors obviously caved as there was no other juror willing to take up the cause of arguing the facts that they obviously believed in according to their raising theirs hands in favor of guilty verdicts.
Where does Juror 11 say this? #4 makes it sound completely the opposite, as if he was a crazy Bundy-ite.
I question where he says that there was a 'lack of evidence' that Ammon and Payne conspired to take over the refuge when there are 90+ pages of transcripts where they plotted with Gary Hunt. Ammon wanted to take over the Hammond lease and set it on fire.

And the Adverse Possession schtick?? "One said that the doctrine of adverse possession seemed to govern every thought, word, and deed of the 'leadership' " Ammon changed his reasons for why they could be there like the weather.
Sorry, it's not in this particular transcript. I remember this from the time it happened. He gave an interview right after he was kicked off the jury. He was blindsided, and juror 4 never told any of the other jurors he was going to do this either. Juror 4 simply got rid of the only person on the jury that had the guts to argue openly on the evidence. He knew without that without 11 the other jurors would fall right in line. And they did in short time.
Thanks, I thought there was more than one juror that got interviewed. I can see how this might be the case by the way #4 writes, but then again it just could be he (#11) was pooty? It was said at the time (I think from poot gossip) that they were able to 'visit' with one of the jurors at the Starbucks by poot corner. I might find the time to locate that info. :think:
NewMexGirl

Bundy Clan 411

Post by NewMexGirl »

terrastomp wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:03 pm
:snippity:

I guess I should have explained further, (Scir knows what I what talking about :doh: ) I have a friend who lives over there and monitors their radios. They have check ins and meetings 2-3 times a week, part of the PRN emergency response system.
Your friend is doing yeoman service and I, for one, am deeply appreciative. :thumbsup: Listening to Pootspeak three times a week, dear god.
terrastomp

Bundy Clan 411

Post by terrastomp »

NewMexGirl wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:43 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:33 pm
poplove wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:31 pm St Luke's has also filed a civil case to collect from ammo et al in Maricopa County AZ:
https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/ ... 023-016922
Does Ammon currently have property in AZ? What's the connection?
Ammo was an Arizona resident before he moved to ID. He had at least one home there and owned an apparently successful fleet service maintenance and repair garage. Too, also, PRN and possibly the other defendants may have assets in AZ.
I have this stashed in my stuff, attached to it is an inventory of all his equipment. Once upon a time when he was claiming his fabulous thriving truck business, the link took you to another with the same name, in the same city, that was NOT his, but definitely a flourishing, going concern. That link stayed up for quite some time, alluding to it being his I assume to his supporters who weren't mart enough to look at it closer. Never mind he also cried how he LOST everything due to his time away while at Bundy Ranch fighting for whatever. He has/had his name listed on a few companies in AZ.
trinityauto.jpg
trinityauto.jpg (100.01 KiB) Viewed 18796 times
bill_g

Bundy Clan 411

Post by bill_g »

terrastomp wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:03 pm I guess I should have explained further, (Scir knows what I what talking about :doh: ) I have a friend who lives over there and monitors their radios. They have check ins and meetings 2-3 times a week, part of the PRN emergency response system.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Attachments
K7RPT Cascades plot.jpg
K7RPT Cascades plot.jpg (440.6 KiB) Viewed 18727 times
NewMexGirl

Bundy Clan 411

Post by NewMexGirl »

bill_g wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:36 am :snippity:
That is super-interesting and valuable info, Bill. Thank you so much! :thumbsup: :bighug: :thumbsup:
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Bundy Clan 411

Post by johnpcapitalist »

bill_g wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:19 pm OMG. I have been on top of some buildings that made me quesy thinking about it. Grain elevators, skyscapers, bridges. I just had to pucker up and go. You wonder what genius thought it was good idea to put the equipment there. Case and point was the antenna at the top of the stack for the coal fired generator in Centralia WA. It's 600ft tall with a really steep aspect (it narrows as it goes up). But you climb it from inside the stack. The actual flume is a steel sleeve that goes straight up. It has a ladder attached that you climb until you reach the top. In darkness. In the heat and noise. With the wall behind you getting closer and closer as you near the top. Then you open a hatch and walk out on the rusty rattling open grid structure that collars the top. Oh yeah. I totally trusted that. I'm sure they maintained it on a regular basis. My legs were noodles. But I got it done. It took 45 minutes to climb, another hour to pull my tools and equipment up, an hour of work on top, and then do it all in reverse to get down. I'm glad I had good weather that day.

F*ck me. Never again.
I am not particularly afraid of heights nor am I claustrophobic, but I have to say I would be terrified in that situation. Glad I have always been an office person. My constant exposure to paper cuts and carpal tunnel syndrome (from typing all day) seems insignificant by comparison.
scirreeve

Bundy Clan 411

Post by scirreeve »

Yeah - PRN is big into HAM radio. They have seminars about it and stuff. They think its the only way they will be able to communicate after the ebil government does something something.
bill_g

Bundy Clan 411

Post by bill_g »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 am I am not particularly afraid of heights nor am I claustrophobic, but I have to say I would be terrified in that situation. Glad I have always been an office person. My constant exposure to paper cuts and carpal tunnel syndrome (from typing all day) seems insignificant by comparison.
I maintained the proper amount of respect and fear of heights long enough to make it to retirement. We hired a former Army Ranger that proved to me he could safely repel down the KGON tower from the 450ft level. It was a thing of beauty. He made it look so easy.

And then I fired him. Put him a truck, and sent him back to the shop so he could pack his stuff up.

We lost a guy a few years earlier on that same tower shortly after it was constructed. Great kid. Young hard body. Fearless. Good attitude. He decided he could free climb without using his lanyards. By the time his body hit the ground he had bounced against enough of the structure to pulverize himself. It was awful. But, he had his safety harness on. Intact and in perfect working order. Both lanyards were securely attached. OR-OSHA didn't fine us, and we were held hamless by the Dept of Labor. We were ordered to increase our training and clarify our procedures. Small comfort for his family. He is the one and only climbing death in our company history which is remarkable for the industry.
bill_g

Bundy Clan 411

Post by bill_g »

scirreeve wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 am Yeah - PRN is big into HAM radio. They have seminars about it and stuff. They think its the only way they will be able to communicate after the ebil government does something something.
I'll bet they are. Getting your amateur license (called getting your ticket) is easy. Read a short manual, take a short written test, and the world is your apple. After that the local HAM groups self regulate, not the FCC. They coordinate repeater frequency assignments within the reserved amateur spectrum to reduce cochannel interference. They love to argue the finer points of the FCC rules governing amateur operation. And they love to cluck like a bunch of hens during their round the clock check-ins.

Most of them are appliance users. They just go to the HAM radio store, buy some stuff, and they are on the air. The days of having to design and build your own rig from parts are gone. Very few have any technical background much less formal education in the subject matter. I liked helping HAMS who lacked knowledge but were sincerely interested in the hobby. I would tune their equipment, and refine their installations at no cost so that they would learn the craft, not the crap.

But, egos live large in amateur land. Just as someone who could quote Shakespear is not necessarily an actor, spouting rules and specifications verbatim does not make them the expert they want us to believe. A large number of them are dangerous with a screwdriver. Critiquing their work was a personal insult, and a challenge to everything they held holy. Combine that with their cross interests in far right politics, guns, Liberarianism, FreeDumb, et al, and you have an idiot just waiting to be a hero.

I stay away from them as far as possible. I can definitely see where PRN members would feel right at home as a HAM.
BeastofBourbon

Bundy Clan 411

Post by BeastofBourbon »

Before we get chastised for hijacking the subject, Your discussion of the HAM radio world hits home, as both my brother and father were into ham radio, both of the build your own period. My father had an antenna attache to the back of his house, and used to cruise the sawp meets for parts. He hoarded vacuum tubes, had boxes of them because..??? Maybe he wanted to corner the market but progress marched on. I joined the HAM radio club in HS because their equipment room was a nice hangout. I'm sad to hear that the community is home to assholes now.
Regarding your work on towers, if you worked on "Stonehenge" you may have also worked on the triad of towers that are on the top of our hill by Mt. Calvary Cemetery. I enjoy watching the guys going up and down in the yellow basket when they're working up there.

Back on the topic of Bundy and Terrebonne, I googled around a bit and saw that the land they (PRO5) purchased is the location of a wedding/event venue. The pictures of the venue show a very Chip-and-Joanna-Gaines (HGTV) styled ambiance. I can't picture Bundy hanging out there, but then maybe he comes out of hiding to make his celebrity appearance at weddings like Trump at Mar-a-lago.
scirreeve

Bundy Clan 411

Post by scirreeve »

BeastofBourbon wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:01 pm Back on the topic of Bundy and Terrebonne, I googled around a bit and saw that the land they (PRO5) purchased is the location of a wedding/event venue. The pictures of the venue show a very Chip-and-Joanna-Gaines (HGTV) styled ambiance. I can't picture Bundy hanging out there, but then maybe he comes out of hiding to make his celebrity appearance at weddings like Trump at Mar-a-lago.
There are a few Google reviews of the poot compound. There was a wedding or 2 there according to reviews. This is my favorite though.
I was going to hold my wedding here but they "would not comply" with my requests and kept referring to themselves as "We The People". I'm all for respecting pronouns but that one is new to me. At first all of the 55 gallon drums sitting around the property frightened me but it appears they run a side hustle shipping mass amounts of personal lubricant to the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. That was the shipping address on the barrels anyways. It must get lonely out there. Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, they give discounts to drag queen shows so book them soon and often!
terrastomp

Bundy Clan 411

Post by terrastomp »

bill_g wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:06 pm
scirreeve wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:14 am Yeah - PRN is big into HAM radio. They have seminars about it and stuff. They think its the only way they will be able to communicate after the ebil government does something something.
I'll bet they are. Getting your amateur license (called getting your ticket) is easy. Read a short manual, take a short written test, and the world is your apple. After that the local HAM groups self regulate, not the FCC. They coordinate repeater frequency assignments within the reserved amateur spectrum to reduce cochannel interference. They love to argue the finer points of the FCC rules governing amateur operation. And they love to cluck like a bunch of hens during their round the clock check-ins.

Most of them are appliance users. They just go to the HAM radio store, buy some stuff, and they are on the air. The days of having to design and build your own rig from parts are gone. Very few have any technical background much less formal education in the subject matter. I liked helping HAMS who lacked knowledge but were sincerely interested in the hobby. I would tune their equipment, and refine their installations at no cost so that they would learn the craft, not the crap.

But, egos live large in amateur land. Just as someone who could quote Shakespear is not necessarily an actor, spouting rules and specifications verbatim does not make them the expert they want us to believe. A large number of them are dangerous with a screwdriver. Critiquing their work was a personal insult, and a challenge to everything they held holy. Combine that with their cross interests in far right politics, guns, Liberarianism, FreeDumb, et al, and you have an idiot just waiting to be a hero.

I stay away from them as far as possible. I can definitely see where PRN members would feel right at home as a HAM.
My guy is a serious radio guy too, I guess like you are! He speaks a language above my head. They get all super serious with lingo and their 'readiness when the shit comes down'. Comments like "I might have to go to the end of my driveway to get reception" kind of thing once in a while :lol: (He sends me the audio)

He also checks to see if they have a license, and apparently there are at least one or two that do not and he has reported them but has never heard back from the FCC.
NewMexGirl

Bundy Clan 411

Post by NewMexGirl »

scirreeve wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:15 pm :snippity:

There are a few Google reviews of the poot compound. There was a wedding or 2 there according to reviews. This is my favorite though.
I was going to hold my wedding here but they "would not comply" with my requests and kept referring to themselves as "We The People". I'm all for respecting pronouns but that one is new to me. At first all of the 55 gallon drums sitting around the property frightened me but it appears they run a side hustle shipping mass amounts of personal lubricant to the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. That was the shipping address on the barrels anyways. It must get lonely out there. Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, they give discounts to drag queen shows so book them soon and often!
:thumbsup:

Ah, someone among the fabled Commentariat wrote that, I hope. Reminds me of the decidely negative and snarky reviews of Ammo’s repair business that started popping up on Yelp during the MNWR standoff.
NewMexGirl

Bundy Clan 411

Post by NewMexGirl »

WaPo has a kinda fluffy, warm and fuzzy* article up this morning on the removal of dams along the Klamath River. Iirc, wasn’t Ammo involved in a “protest” (aligning himself with welfare farmers and ranchers in the area, natch) a few years ago, threatening a gunned-up standoff? Seems like a natural fit for Ammo and I’m surprised that it fizzled out. But mostly I am just throwing Ammo into the mix because i couldn’t think of where else to put a gift link to the article.

*I’m a fan of fluffy, warm and fuzzy stories these days. And the images provided by WaPo are stunning.

https://wapo.st/48l5agB
scirreeve

Bundy Clan 411

Post by scirreeve »

NewMexGirl wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:36 am WaPo has a kinda fluffy, warm and fuzzy* article up this morning on the removal of dams along the Klamath River. Iirc, wasn’t Ammo involved in a “protest” (aligning himself with welfare farmers and ranchers in the area, natch) a few years ago, threatening a gunned-up standoff? Seems like a natural fit for Ammo and I’m surprised that it fizzled out. But mostly I am just throwing Ammo into the mix because i couldn’t think of where else to put a gift link to the article.

*I’m a fan of fluffy, warm and fuzzy stories these days. And the images provided by WaPo are stunning.

https://wapo.st/48l5agB
The conflict over Klamath water has been going on for years but isn't specifically about the dam removals. PRN was all over it 3 years ago. IIRC Ammon said he might show up but never did. Soper and a bunch of other poots did.
https://www.opb.org/article/2021/06/02/ ... ase-water/
pipistrelle

Bundy Clan 411

Post by pipistrelle »

Dams are bad all around. Best to remove unneeded ones.
NewMexGirl

Bundy Clan 411

Post by NewMexGirl »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:53 am Dams are bad all around. Best to remove unneeded ones.
Glen Canyon!
Resume18

Bundy Clan 411

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:53 am Dams are bad all around. Best to remove unneeded ones.
Yep.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .

Return to “Bundys and their elk”