Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

!!!

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 2.36.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 2.36.08 PM.png (85.41 KiB) Viewed 12009 times
Rolodex

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Rolodex »

That OAN "apology/retraction" is ridiculous. rudy's attorney doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but OTOH, there's really no defense. Love the yuge numbers from the witness today - up to $74 million to repair a reputation!

In Brandi's feed today, she dropped a link to an old NYT article. I had not seen it before, and it's really something. Brandi always quickly drops other sources in her trial threads. I don't know how she does it!

This article is about a Dominion employee who was attacked after his name was put into the public by some RWNJ. It has some really great tidbits about all the incorrect charges that were made about Dominion. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/24/maga ... ction.html
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Eric Coomer. One of my favorite cases. Dragging on forever.
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

If it isn't the rabid weasel himself arriving at court today.

Image from https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy-gi ... rt-2023-12
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Maybenaut »

Omygod. Is he wearing a red Ashli Babbitt bracelet?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:40 am Omygod. Is he wearing a red Ashli Babbitt bracelet?
Yep.
Attachments
RudiBracelets.png
RudiBracelets.png (120.99 KiB) Viewed 11827 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

You almost forget that he ruined those women’s lives. Disclaimer for the wordz and I won’t quote them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dave from down under »

I do hope that they were payed actors

I fear that they weren’t
tek

Rudy Giuliani

Post by tek »

He is the personification antithesis of all that is kind, caring and compassionate in the world and he fights spreads evil on behalf of the rest of us.
FIFH
Volkonski
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Volkonski »

Rudy pulling a Trump.

Rudy Giuliani now won’t testify in defamation trial brought by former Georgia election workers

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/14/politics ... index.html
Former Donald Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani will no longer testify in his defamation damages trial over how much he should pay two Georgia election workers millions of dollars in damages for spreading conspiracy theories about them after the 2020 election.

A spokesman for Giuliani confirmed to CNN that the former New York mayor will not testify.

The decision not to appear comes after the Georgia election workers – Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Shaye Moss – provided gut-wrenching testimony over the course of two days about how the lies spread by him damaged their reputations and upended their lives.

Freeman and Moss are asking an eight-person jury in Washington, DC, to order Giuliani to pay them millions of dollars in damages for the emotional and reputational harm they say they’ve suffered.

The case has refocused attention on the human impact of disinformation spread by Trump and his allies after the 2020 election as the former president awaits his own criminal trial in the same courthouse.

Giuliani has already been found liable for defamation and owes Freeman and Moss over $230,000 after failing to respond to parts of their lawsuit.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/14/politics ... index.html

Former Donald Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani will no longer testify in his defamation damages trial over how much he should pay two Georgia election workers millions of dollars in damages for spreading conspiracy theories about them after the 2020 election.

A spokesman for Giuliani confirmed to CNN that the former New York mayor will not testify.

The decision not to appear comes after the Georgia election workers – Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Shaye Moss – provided gut-wrenching testimony over the course of two days about how the lies spread by him damaged their reputations and upended their lives.

Freeman and Moss are asking an eight-person jury in Washington, DC, to order Giuliani to pay them millions of dollars in damages for the emotional and reputational harm they say they’ve suffered
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

Biggest non-surprise of the day. Although I have to say I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to him melting down and screaming racist crap about crack cocaine vials.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Volkonski »

It’s the Beginning of the Disastrous End for Rudy Giuliani
Rudy Giuliani screwed up his professional license in 2021. This is the year of his financial ruin. Next year could end with him in prison.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-the-b ... y-giuliani
Giuliani is poised to get hit with a multimillion dollar ruling against him in D.C. over his baseless accusations of election fraud against two poll workers. After that civil trial concludes, he’ll turn around and begin preparing for a criminal trial in Atlanta, where he’s facing many of the same racketeering charges he once wielded as a federal prosecutor against mobsters in New York. And throughout it all, Giuliani has a long list of creditors, from former associates to contractors, who are also hounding him for money.

For Giuliani, 2023 will likely end in penniless defeat. But 2024 could be even worse—it could actually end with him in prison.

At the moment, the most immediate problem for Giuliani is his defamation suit. A jury in the nation’s capital has spent all week hearing about how the conspiracy-crazed attorney ruined the lives of two Georgia poll workers, Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, a mother and daughter whom Giuliani falsely accused of secretly plotting to sabotage Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign.

Giuliani, an associate attorney general in the 1980s, managed to screw up the court case by barely putting up a defense—and getting hit with sanctions for failing to turn over evidence. As such, the damages-only trial has portrayed Giuliani, the former legal chief of the Southern District of New York, as a monster without compunction, one who should pay anywhere from $15.5 million to $43 million for abusing his status and MAGA megaphone to harness unfounded rage in the wake of Trump’s 2020 loss.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:32 am Biggest non-surprise of the day. Although I have to say I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to him melting down and screaming racist crap about crack cocaine vials.
Me too. Have to say it kind of reminds me of all the election lawsuits. He'd say all kinds of crap on the streets in front of the cameras, but wasn't it kind of different than what he said in court? Hope the reporters ask him some hard questions about the promises of proof he made Monday when court got out.
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

So what's the over under on how long the jury will be out. Two hours? Three? Of course math takes time, but if they set on a big fat number, it's not so hard. How about start with 500 mill and see if they all agree.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

Ah, yesterday, troubles seemed so far away...
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Rudy chickened out of testifying. Rudy claimed he was going to prove Ruby Freeman & Shaye Moss stole the GA election. He put on no defense. Here is Rudy when trial started:

“When I testify, you will get the whole story & it will be definitively clear that what I said was true.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

I think I heard one of the legal eagles on teevee say that testifying could possibly open up things that could maybe be used against him in the Georgia trial :whistle:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Foggy »

So, umm ...

Commit crimes --> become penniless --> go to prison

Maybe that could work for the former guy, too also. :think:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Dr. Ken

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:18 am You almost forget that he ruined those women’s lives. Disclaimer for the wordz and I won’t quote them.
Lol this is the mistress of the FBI agent who was charged with violating us sanctions Charles McGonigal
https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-counterin ... =105642391
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Rudy Giuliani

Post by bill_g »

I'll collect my tears for Guidy Ruliani in a vial and send them to him.
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:47 am Ah, yesterday, troubles seemed so far away...
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Rudy chickened out of testifying. Rudy claimed he was going to prove Ruby Freeman & Shaye Moss stole the GA election. He put on no defense. Here is Rudy when trial started:

“When I testify, you will get the whole story & it will be definitively clear that what I said was true.”
Am I seeing things or is he bleeding from the ear and from the scalp above the ear?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Maybenaut »

I think that’s a shadow of his earlobe.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Defense rested without presenting a case.

Snippets from closings:
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.09.44 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.09.44 PM.png (168.16 KiB) Viewed 11542 times
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.12.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.12.17 PM.png (134.31 KiB) Viewed 11540 times
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.14.38 PM.png