State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Estiveo
Verified:

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Estiveo »

GBBZUErXoAAAQJa.jpeg
GBBZUErXoAAAQJa.jpeg (42.07 KiB) Viewed 54203 times
Image Image Image Image
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:05 pm Mercury News :press:
@mercnews@press.coop
Trump says he won’t testify again at his New York fraud trial. He says he has nothing more to say

Donald Trump said Sunday he has decided against testifying for a second time at his New York civil fraud trial, posting on social media that he “VERY SUCCESSFULLY & CONCLUSIVELY” testified last month and saw no need to appear...
And he’s not afraid of cross-examination IN THE LEAST!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Teri Kanefield
@Teri_Kanefield@mastodon.social
The way to shut up Donald Trump: Put him under oath.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna128749

"reversal" don't make me laugh. He was never going to testify.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yep.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The horse’s mouth.

Page 1.
► Show Spoiler
Page 2.
► Show Spoiler
Addendum 1.
► Show Spoiler
Addendum 2.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

OCT. 26, 1989
Exxon to move headquarters to Dallas from New York

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/10/26 ... 625377600/
Exxon Corp., the world's largest oil company, in a surprise announcement Thursday said it will move its headquarters next year because it is too difficult to attract promising managerial talent to New York.

Chairman Lawrence Rawl told the subdued 300 headquarters personnel assembled in the company cafeteria in the Exxon skyscraper they would move next fall to temporary quarters near Dallas in Irving, Texas, where a new headquarters will be built by mid-1993.

In a statement issued late in the day, Republican mayoral candidate Rudolph Giulani said Rawl had sent him a letter saying it was important to Exxon to give promising professional and managerial talent the opportunity to work at headquarters.

'Recently it has been difficult to attract some of these people to New York City,' Giuliani quoted Rawl as saying in the letter. Giuliani said, 'I find this news extremely disturbing.'

No confirmation of the Rawl quote could be obtained from Exxon.

Exxon's headquarters has been located at 1250 Avenue of Americas since 1972, when the oil company erected the Exxon building in conjunction with the Rockefeller Center complex, which owned half of it.

The Exxon building was sold for $610 million to Mutsui Fudosan (NY) Inc., a subsidiary of the Japan's Mitsui company, in late 1986. An Exxon employee said the company has been looking to relocate since then.

'We concluded that, on balance the Dallas area offered the best combination of factors from the standpoint of our employees' personal and professonal lives and from an overall business standpoint. Both aspects were important in our final decision,' said Rawl.

A company analysis took into account the cost of doing business, living costs, commuting to and from the job, accessibility of air travel and the overall business climate, Rawl said in an Exxon statement.

The announcement came as a surprise to New York City officials, who have been working hard to sell corporate America on the advantages of Manhattan.

'It came as a bit of a surprise to us,' said Stanley Grayson, New York deputy mayor for finance and development.

He said Exxon had been contacted as recently as a year ago and the company indicated it had no intentions of moving.

:snippity:

The oil company has been gradually reducing its presence in the Rockefeller Center building since the 1970s.

Exxon had more than 2,000 employees in the Exxon building before transferring international operations to Florham, N.J., and chemical headquarters units to Darien, Conn.
I remember it well. In 1986 I and all of the Exxon Chemical Central Engineering Division were relocated from Florham Park NJ to Texas. Also all of NJ based Exxon Research and Engineering.

The chemical headquarters units that moved to Darien relocated to Houston in the late 1980s.

Exxon got its start as Standard Oil of NJ after the break up of Rockefeller's Standard Oil Trust. Later it merged with Humble Oil of Texas. Over the decades petrochemical operations in Texas and Louisiana grew massively while operations in the Northeast shrank.

None of that had anything to do with Letitia James.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Thank you Mr. V. Unfortunately this info will never be aired on Fox or Newsmax.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:13 am OCT. 26, 1989
Exxon to move headquarters to Dallas from New York

None of that had anything to do with Letitia James.
Also, too, George H. W. Bush - a Republican - was the president on Oct. 26, 1989.
bob

Post by bob »

That aged well.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:14 pm
That aged well.
Like an avocado. Crikey. Barely half a Scaramucci.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:14 pm
That aged well.
Somebody needs to post this on truth social. LOL
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:14 pm
bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:14 pm That aged well.
I think the poots would still decide that TFG's lame-ass excuse-tantrum (extrum? tantruse?) is more credible, because, after all, this is a guy who actually sells t-shirts of his mugshot labeled 'never surrender', SO CLEARLY HE'S SO TOUGH REALITY AND HISTORY AND ESTABLISHED FACT BEND TO HIS WILL. Or something.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

“Tantruse” - New Fogbow Lexicon and Snarksaurus nominee!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:27 am “Tantruse” - New Fogbow Lexicon and Snarksaurus nominee!
I agree that this is indeed a new marvel of our language and hopefully it'll be considered by Oxford next year as its word of the year. The etymology is right here! I think a portmanteau is perfectly acceptable!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

If we can have chartreuse, then we can have tantruse.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:00 am
Rolodex wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:14 pm
bob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:14 pm That aged well.
I think the poots would still decide that TFG's lame-ass excuse-tantrum (extrum? tantruse?) is more credible, because, after all, this is a guy who actually sells t-shirts of his mugshot labeled 'never surrender', SO CLEARLY HE'S SO TOUGH REALITY AND HISTORY AND ESTABLISHED FACT BEND TO HIS WILL. Or something.
I'll add that he's in fact trying to spin the 'never surrender' mugshot angle into something martyr-y, as witnessed by his cutting up and selling of The Suit He Wore At His Surrender To False Authorities Persecuting Him. Or something. And these people are eating it up. Someday, there may be thousands of churches each claiming a True Fragment Of Suit. :vomit:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

A modern day Shroud of Turin.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:04 pm :snippity:

I'll add that he's in fact trying to spin the 'never surrender' mugshot angle into something martyr-y, as witnessed by his cutting up and selling of The Suit He Wore At His Surrender To False Authorities Persecuting Him. Or something. And these people are eating it up. Someday, there may be thousands of churches each claiming a True Fragment Of Suit. :vomit:
I got dollars to doughnuts that it's all some cheap stuff he had a staffer pick up at Fabric Hut...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:09 pm A modern day Shroud of Turin.
People will analyze the orange powder and flop-sweat stains for generations.

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

This piece of cloth thing is just profoundly weird.

But it's not a cult, right?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:19 pm This piece of cloth thing is just profoundly weird.

But it's not a cult, right?
He [more likely a staffer did] ripped the idea off from sport trading cards that will often include a piece of a game worn jersey from the player featured...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:19 pm This piece of cloth thing is just profoundly weird.
Profoundly weird is a feature, not a bug.
101010 :towel:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

northland10 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:13 pm
Profoundly weird is a feature, not a bug.
no, it's a hallowed relic. much like the "pieces of the true cross" medieval grifters sold to pilgrims to the Holy Land
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Donald Trump’s lawyers again ask for early verdict in civil fraud trial, judge says ‘no way’

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... 4e430c9190
Trump’s lawyers renewed their request for what’s known as a directed verdict a day after Trump, the leading contender for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, skipped a planned return to the witness stand as the defense’s last big witness.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

The bits of suit remind me of a Holy Relics scam too. This piece of St Anthony's robe is barely a 3mm square.
Attachments
St Anthony relic.jpg
St Anthony relic.jpg (301.9 KiB) Viewed 53202 times

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”