Verified: 💲8️⃣

What are you watching?

Post by Greatgrey »

Letterkenny

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
John Thomas8

What are you watching?

Post by John Thomas8 »

I won't be watching that atrocious "Napoleon" movie Ridley shoved on the screen.

Ugh.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

What are you watching?

Post by Frater I*I »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:26 pm I won't be watching that atrocious "Napoleon" movie Ridley shoved on the screen.

Ugh.
Sounds like there is more that you're not sharing with the class....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

What are you watching?

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:04 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:26 pm I won't be watching that atrocious "Napoleon" movie Ridley shoved on the screen.

Ugh.
Sounds like there is more that you're not sharing with the class....
Poor cinematography.
Vapid, soulless characters.
Historically inaccurate battle scenes.
Gaps in the story you could march a French corps through, line abreast.

Those are the "highlights", the details compound the nastiness.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

What are you watching?

Post by Frater I*I »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:10 pm :snippity:
Poor cinematography.

So you're telling me that he remade "Kingdom of Heaven" then... :confuzzled: :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

What are you watching?

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:34 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:10 pm :snippity:
Poor cinematography.

So you're telling me that he remade "Kingdom of Heaven" then... :confuzzled: :biggrin:
That's the comparison I see the most. I haven't actually seen Kingdom of Heaven so I'll have to defer opinion.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

What are you watching?

Post by keith »

So we watcged the last two episodes of Bosch Legacy tonight. It was good, but thts not what I'm writing about.

At the end of Bosch, Prime suggested a film: "Beyond The Time Barrier"

A 1959 scifi warning picture that featured an F-102 (I think) Delta wing jet that I fell in love with as a kid. They just looked so cool.

Anyway the film was about as bad as your would expect. Test pilot goes too fast and breaks the time barrier and ends up in 2024 where a plague has killed, or sterilized and rendered mute, or mutated, or both everyone on earth. Test pilot has find a way back to his own rime to stop the plague. Tension ensues.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Mrich

What are you watching?

Post by Mrich »

Finally saw "The Marvels" - I really liked it. I was at an advantage over the friends I watched with because I had seen the DIsney+ series "Ms. Marvel" and "WandaVision" - both of which explained the characters Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau.

I thought it was a fun movie, and I want to see it again on Disney+ so I can catch some of the stuff I missed.

Iman Vellani is a literal marvel - she is so much fun to watch. I have seen her on a couple talk shows and she does an entertaining interview too. I'm looking forward to the next season of "Ms. Marvel".

Related news: I just saw that they're going to do a second season of "She-Hulk: Attorney At Law". :cheer2:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Mrich wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:39 pm Finally saw "The Marvels" - I really liked it. I was at an advantage over the friends I watched with because I had seen the DIsney+ series "Ms. Marvel" and "WandaVision" - both of which explained the characters Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau.

I thought it was a fun movie, and I want to see it again on Disney+ so I can catch some of the stuff I missed.

Iman Vellani is a literal marvel - she is so much fun to watch. I have seen her on a couple talk shows and she does an entertaining interview too. I'm looking forward to the next season of "Ms. Marvel".

Related news: I just saw that they're going to do a second season of "She-Hulk: Attorney At Law". :cheer2:
I haven't seen the Ms. Marvel series yet, so I may have to check that out, but I'm glad She-Hulk will be back. That was a really fun show
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

What are you watching?

Post by Luke »

It's here at last!

For the first time in fish-story, Baby Shark is starring in a major ocean picture! Join in on the fun as Baby Shark takes on a new city, friendships, and adventures, all while pop starfish super villain Stariana attempts to topple Baby Shark and become the catchiest fish in the sea. Featuring the voices of Ashley Tisdale, ENHYPEN, Lance Bass, Cardi B, Offset (and their kids Kulture and Wave), Chloe Fineman, Aparna Nancherla, and Ego Nwodim, the new movie premieres December 8 on Paramount+.

Stream Baby Shark’s Big Show now on Paramount+: https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/family/

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

Candy Cane Lane released by Amazon-MGM on Prime in the past week.

It is a PG13 movie (kid safe). Eddie Murphy is lead. Not something I would normally watch on my own but it was entertaining. Tis the Season.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

What are you watching?

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I have seen the trailers and wondered about it. Thanks for the review.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:11 am I have seen the trailers and wondered about it. Thanks for the review.
Watch it. It is a feel good movie. Silly stupid on many levels but ends well.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:55 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:11 am I have seen the trailers and wondered about it. Thanks for the review.
Nobody is going to get splinters in their butt on Candy Cane Lane. They will either hate it or love it. Eddie Murphy is not known for being subtle. He's making statements about race, values, and excess in America that will really torque the screws on a lot of people. Whether it will spark protests by Fox News viewers, or be met with stone silence remains to be seen.
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:46 am
neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:55 pm
Nobody is going to get splinters in their butt on Candy Cane Lane. They will either hate it or love it. Eddie Murphy is not known for being subtle. He's making statements about race, values, and excess in America that will really torque the screws on a lot of people. Whether it will spark protests by Fox News viewers, or be met with stone silence remains to be seen.
The arrival of Santa (black Santa) during the final act is sure to ruffle some feathers. :P Oh well.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

What are you watching?

Post by Luke »

For a Christmas balance, these are GREAT! The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. Mid-50s with swinging musical underscoring. Big stars and directors (Sydney Pollack directed a few), and they are on DailyMotion which is free. (Using Ghostery there are no ads, but even without that extension I don't recall many on that platform). Search results at https://www.dailymotion.com/search/alfr ... our/videos

Hitch directed this one starring (young) John Forsythe & John Fiedler from The Bob Newhart Show, I Saw The Whole Thing:

The Black Curtain directed by Pollack:

The Magic Shop with Leslie Nielsen (Story by H.G. Wells, it's a famous story you might have seen another adaptation of):

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:04 pm The arrival of Santa (black Santa) during the final act is sure to ruffle some feathers. :P Oh well.
Black Santa is definitely fly (pun intended).

I have no doubt Candy Cane Lane will fan the fire for The War on Christmas crowd.
Volkonski
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Volkonski »

We have been catching up on "Shetland" whose 8th series is just starting on BritBox.

Shetland, where the ponies come from, is an archipelago, part of Scotland, located north of Scotland about halfway to Norway.

For a group of small islands with a total of about 22,000 inhabitants they certainly have a lot of murders. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

Lovely little island(s). Can't remember which. A friend of mine is a huge fan of a murder series of books set in the Shetland Islands. Is this the same? She was thrilled to walk the pretty little streets.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:23 pm Lovely little island(s). Can't remember which. A friend of mine is a huge fan of a murder series of books set in the Shetland Islands. Is this the same? She was thrilled to walk the pretty little streets.
Not sure. "Shetland" is based on a series of books by Ann Cleeves.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Rolodex

What are you watching?

Post by Rolodex »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:23 pm Lovely little island(s). Can't remember which. A friend of mine is a huge fan of a murder series of books set in the Shetland Islands. Is this the same? She was thrilled to walk the pretty little streets.
Yes. The series is based on books written by Ann Cleeves, set in and called Shetland. She's written other books that have been adapted into tv shows. I think they are all on Britbox.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks, both of you.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

What are you watching?

Post by Rolodex »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:35 pm Thanks, both of you.
I love the show and am waiting on this season to entirely drop before watching. It such a beautiful place - I have a live cam tab open so I can go see how it looks. Unfortunately I forget to look until it's night time there! LOL
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

Watched Leave the World Behind You on Netflix. If you like sort of sci-fi, I'd recommend. Produced by Michelle and Barack Obama.
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:10 pm Watched Leave the World Behind You on Netflix. If you like sort of sci-fi, I'd recommend. Produced by Michelle and Barack Obama.
Started it yesterday and finishing this evening. I would recommend as well.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”