Donald J. Trump 2024

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by raison de arizona »

If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em.
Brian Allen @allenanalysis wrote: Unbelievable! Univision, the biggest Spanish-language broadcaster in the U.S., has chosen to halt the Biden campaign's advertising in key states like Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Florida. This follows a meeting last week between Trump and the network's.

In the 2020 U.S. presidential election, Donald Trump’s campaign harshly criticized Univision, the most prominent Spanish-language network in the nation, branding it as a leftist propaganda tool and an extension of the Democratic Party.

This stance represented a combative approach towards the media outlet, with the campaign promising to treat it accordingly. However, by 2023, a notable shift occurred in this relationship.

Following the acquisition of Univision by Grupo Televisa, a Mexican media company, Trump’s interactions with the network changed dramatically. He hosted Univision executives at Mar-a-Lago for an interview, notable for its cordial tone, indicating a stark reversal from the previous antagonistic stance.
Short thread at link: https://x.com/allenanalysis/status/1724 ... 86124?s=20
More from WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -election/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

("New") 538's guesses as to who will win his veepstakes:

Tim Scott; Kari Lake; Kristi Noem; Elise Stefanik; Nikki Haley; Marsha Blackburn; Marjorie Greene; or Sarah Sanders.

My personal guess is Noem.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Ivanka

He wants to spend more private time with her
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Those last three are joke entries, right? RIGHT???
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, like Haley has a chance. She's "disloyal."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:51 pm Those last three are joke entries, right? RIGHT???
They're real, serious guesses.

538's thought exercise was artificial in that its parameters required it to have eight names; in other words, it was running out of names.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

EmptyGee for the win.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I ordered this in black
Attachments
nope.jpeg
nope.jpeg (109.48 KiB) Viewed 4360 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ron Filipkowski
@ronfilipkowski@bird.makeup
Trump today at the TX State patrol officers Thanksgiving luncheon: “The food looked very good. I wanted to have some but they didn’t have any for me. They had none left. That’s not good. That’s my kind of food too.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:25 pm
Ron Filipkowski
@ronfilipkowski@bird.makeup
Trump today at the TX State patrol officers Thanksgiving luncheon: “The food looked very good. I wanted to have some but they didn’t have any for me. They had none left. That’s not good. That’s my kind of food too.”
WTAF?

Assuming this is an accurate quote, can you imagine the howls if Biden said something like that?

ImageImageImage x4
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

His kind of food? So they had burned leathery steaks slathered in ketchup?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump receives endorsement from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott at border as both Republicans outline hardline immigration agenda

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-to-c ... -promises/
Former President Donald Trump on Sunday received the endorsement of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott for his 2024 presidential bid at a campaign event near the U.S.-Mexico border, a region that has played a pivotal role in the political careers of both Republicans.

Abbott, another fierce critic of President Biden's immigration policies, gave Trump an effusive endorsement in Edinburg, a small city in Texas' Rio Grande Valley, one of the busiest sectors for unlawful border crossings, and an area where Republicans have made inroads with its predominantly Hispanic communities in recent years.

After serving meals to Texas National Guard members and troopers involved in the state's border security initiative, known as Operation Lone Star, Trump and Abbott embraced each other on a stage set up in front of Texas law enforcement helicopters, a plane and an armored vehicle.

"We need a president who's going to secure the border," Abbott said.

In recent weeks, Trump has escalated his harsh rhetoric on immigration and the scope of his promises on the issue, which some of his advisers believe partially catapulted him to victory over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016. In one recent interview, he claimed that migrants were "poisoning the blood of our country."
Trump's mother was an immigrant. So Trump has poison blood?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:51 pm Assuming this is an accurate quote, can you imagine the howls if Biden said something like that?
Rolling Stone: Trump Serves Food to Soldiers and Police, Complains There’s None Left for Him:
"The food looked very good. I wanted to have some, but they didn’t have any for me," the former president said

Former president Donald Trump tried to do a charitable thing Sunday, handing out food to Texas National Guard soldiers, troopers, and others who will be working at the border during Thanksgiving. But he then complained that there wasn’t enough food left for him.

“The food looked very good. I wanted to have some, but they didn’t have any for me. They had none left. That’s not good. That’s my kind of food too,” Trump said, drawing some chuckles from the crowd.

Trump was in Texas to endorse Gov. Greg Abbott for reelection.
To be fair, Biden (like Obama before him) sometimes makes joke that, if taken literally, would be shocking (if true). So: context.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

In this instance, Biden would probably have sat down at a table and ate food with these service personnel.

Remember, tfg thinks those who volunteer for service are "losers'.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya, the only reason there was no food for him at the table is that he is too Vain to sit down with fellow human beings.
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:17 pm In this instance, Biden would probably have sat down at a table and ate food with these service personnel.

Remember, tfg thinks those who volunteer for service are "losers'.
And suckers.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: There’s a “real” possibility Trump could ask Tucker Carlson to be is running mate, but there’s one problem- Trump’s ego, of course.

Maggie Haberman: “It’s a real thing that I am hearing as a possibility. The risk with Tucker Carlson and Trump is that Tucker Carlson’s a very big star in his own right, and I’m not sure how Trump would contend with that.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He might toy around with the idea to get what he wants from Carlson, but he'll never allow another big personality a chance to outshine his parade.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Doctor's note. He'll live to 300.
► Show Spoiler
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Have we not been down this road before?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

“President Trump.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Improved diet and daily physical activity? Can the reporters puhleeze get a record of what he's really eating?

Return to “US President”