Something pretty cool

RVInit

Something pretty cool

Post by RVInit »

Some of you are following my discussion of the Maya Kowolski case.

I can't believe what I did today. I actually decided to email three of the attorneys (all the same email) with a couple of my insights about CRPS as a person who has this condition for almost 24 years now. I gave a little bit of my history, how I came to believe that Maya doesn't have this condition and some of my feelings about seeing Maya as the public "face" of this condition.

The main purpose of my email was to share one particular insight that was touched upon during trial and pretty much dropped and that is a dead giveaway that Maya did not have severe pain, nothing of the sort that you have with CRPS. That has to do with pulse rate.

I wrote about the pulse rate thing here: viewtopic.php?p=225221&hilit=pulse+rate#p225221

I also shared links to the two topics where we discussed the trial and mentioned that I added my own insights and commentary to those discussions, based on my experience with this condition.

I received a really nice email back from the attorney that I was so very impressed with, telling me he had actually not put the pulse rate thing together and that he is going to use my insight as to pulse rate/pain in his closing argument. Pretty cool, huh?

I felt so silly sending an attorney on a big case an email, that is just not me. I almost didn't click the send button after I typed it. Then I thought, what the hell. I'm a goofy old lady, have at it.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Something pretty cool

Post by raison de arizona »

You’ve jumped from being a passive observer, kudos!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
June bug

Something pretty cool

Post by June bug »

Great job - Hurray for you, RV!!
Rolodex

Something pretty cool

Post by Rolodex »

Congrats! So glad you did that! I'm new here, and so am browsing through topics. I caught up on the Maya thread as I thought that story was weird and interesting. I'd seen the Netflix, but it all seemed off to me.

While there are bad people everywhere, I have an admitted predisposal to a prejudice in favor of health care providers (we're a medical family). Yes, there are quack docs and terrible nurses and decent medical professionals would like those people booted.

I'm so glad you got a good response from the lawyer! Your info may determine the outcome of this case!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Something pretty cool

Post by p0rtia »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:notworthy:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Something pretty cool

Post by Foggy »

That's awesome, RVInit. You probably really helped further the cause of justice. Any time anyone here can do that, that makes this a better world, and I am dead serious. I've been skimming that thread. You're such an amazing typist, and life is so short. :lol: But this is really cool. 8-)
RVInit wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:24 am I will try not to write a novel on each post.
Oops. :lol:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Something pretty cool

Post by neonzx »

Let's hear it for goofy old ladies! :oldlady:
RVInit

Something pretty cool

Post by RVInit »

Yay for goofy old ladies!

Thanks everyone. And, yes, Foggy. I know. :oopsy: :oopsy: :oopsy:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
sad-cafe

Something pretty cool

Post by sad-cafe »

YES

if everyone got involved about things they are passionate about and not just try to be "karens" the world would be a much better place.

I teach civics to 8th graders and I am just trying to get them interested enough to be involved.

YOU DID GOOD!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Something pretty cool

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Something pretty cool

Post by Frater I*I »

I did something similar in one of our featured SovCit case. Michael Parsons.

He wanted to call a fake tribe chief of a fake independent nation, along with their fake Minister of Justice, whom I pointed out that they lost the local tribal election, and after created their own fake nation.

I emailed the Us Attorney's office these facts, I got a response email that they had investigated it further and denied the fake nation testimonies
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Something pretty cool

Post by Foggy »

RVInit wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:49 pm Yay for goofy old ladies!

Thanks everyone. And, yes, Foggy. I know. :oopsy: :oopsy: :oopsy:
Don't you ever change. :fingerwag:

You're so prolific because 1) you're tremendously smart, and 2) you know your facts, and 3) you really care about what you're writing about. Those are the three ingredients for some wonderfully lengthy but totally appropriate posts. If you wanted to make them shorter, you'd have to take out something valuable. If I was interested in Maya's case :oopsy: I would study your posts instead of skimming.

So honestly, don't take a little kidding seriously. I encourage you to write as much as you want. I think the limit is 60,000 characters in a post (including spaces), so you can explore that.

I don't know what happens if you go over the limit. :oldman:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Fiascoist

Something pretty cool

Post by Fiascoist »

I, too, have enjoyed your telling of the evidence. And am very happy to hear that you received a response back. When I read your report and comments, two things stuck out for me, pulse rate and skinny jeans. Those I could, as a lay person, identify with.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Something pretty cool

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Great work! That's so cool that you not only got a response, but that they let you know they'll be using your tip!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Something pretty cool

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava, RV! Brava!!!!! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “General Stuff”