💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
noblepa

The 118th Congress with Kevin "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by noblepa »

That's even less than he got last time, isn't it?

The Incredible Shrinking Vote (for Jordan)!

If Jordan finally gets the message that he is not going to be Speaker and drops out, who else might the R's nominate that could possibly win over 217 R's.

Apparently, the plan to give McHenry more power is DOA.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Why do 25 Republicans hate America? :confuzzled:

Jordan had a very clear message today - if you love America, you should vote for him.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:07 pm Why do 25 Republicans hate America? :confuzzled:

Jordan had a very clear message today - if you love America, you should vote for him.
I know that you are being facetious, but those 25 don't hate America, they hate the America that Gym Jordan would create. (They probably hate Gym, as well).
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Good for them.

Too bad they and their families are now in danger.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:07 pm Why do 25 Republicans hate America? :confuzzled:

Au contraire, it isn't 25 Rs that hate America, it is the two-hundred-and-some Ds that are _really_ blocking him.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slow learners.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:10 pm Good for them.

:(
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 12.42.01 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 12.42.01 PM.png (44.65 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:43 pm

I love being ignored.

Anyway, more drama.
Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman)

A source describes the Jordan meeting with the holdouts like this: A direct, precise meeting in which JORDAN was told he will never be speaker. This group doesn't want anything. They want Jordan to understand he will not be speaker.
Hic sunt dracones
somerset

Post by somerset »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:02 pm It's all the Democrats fault.
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Former Speaker Kevin McCarthy once again blames the Democrats for the GOP's inability to elect a Speaker.
That is literally blaming the opposing team for not letting you win.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:43 pm

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Jordan has a brilliant idea. He knows that people wont vote for him in public because they are afraid of being marked by THE CABAL, so he is doing a secret ballot so people can quietly show their support and everyone will be able to show they really want him.
Rep. Troy Nehls (R-Texas) says the secret ballot on Jordan's candidacy is happening now.

“Jim Jordan said let the conference decide. He thinks that the conference should decide so we’re doing a secret ballot,” he told reporters.

Rep. Dan Meuser (R-Pa.) said that members’ voting options are “yes” and “no” for Jordan, as well as “present.”
Separately
House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) told reporters on Friday that it’s possible the House could reopen “no later” Monday, with bipartisan talks ongoing on a path forward amid the Speakership fight.

While Jeffries said he hasn’t been approached by GOP leadership on the matter, he added bipartisan talks have been happening among members.

“The conversations that have been ongoing, and in some ways have intensified throughout the week, have been serious, and I've been briefed on every single one of them,” he said. “And it involves different parts of the House Republican conference.”

“Conversations hopefully will intensify today, perhaps continue throughout the weekend, and get us to a place where we can reopen the house no later than Monday of next week,” he said.

“It's possible,” he said, adding “hope springs eternal.”
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Reporting is that they held a secret ballot and Gym is now out of the running.
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:05 pm
House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) told reporters on Friday that it’s possible the House could reopen “no later” Monday, with bipartisan talks ongoing on a path forward amid the Speakership fight.

While Jeffries said he hasn’t been approached by GOP leadership on the matter, he added bipartisan talks have been happening among members.

“The conversations that have been ongoing, and in some ways have intensified throughout the week, have been serious, and I've been briefed on every single one of them,” he said. “And it involves different parts of the House Republican conference.”

“Conversations hopefully will intensify today, perhaps continue throughout the weekend, and get us to a place where we can reopen the house no later than Monday of next week,” he said.

“It's possible,” he said, adding “hope springs eternal.”
:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hern running for Speaker

Rep. Kevin Hern (R-Okla.), the chairman of the Republican Study Committee, said Friday that he is running for Speaker of the House.

Hern had previously floated making a bid, but ultimately decided against it earlier this month.

Scalise says he will not seek Speakership again

House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.) says he will not run for Speaker again following the Republican conferences vote to no longer back Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio).

Scalise previously dropped out of the Speaker race when he was unable to garner the necessary Republican support after winning the GOP nomination for the role.

GOP to hold candidate forum Monday, vote Tuesday as Speaker chaos continues

The House GOP will hold a candidate forum Monday night and election Tuesday morning after it voted to no longer back Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) for Speaker on Friday, according to Rep. Pat Fallon (R-Texas).
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4266 ... age/#95725

Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

:violin: just for Gym Jordan.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

The thought occurred to me today that these clowns might land back on McCarthy when this all plays out.

I thought at some point Jeffries might try to strike a deal with some sane Republicans and push through a more moderate Republican as Speaker. The only problem is that there are no sane, moderate Republicans.
raison de arizona

Reality Check wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:19 pm The thought occurred to me today that these clowns might land back on McCarthy when this all plays out.

I thought at some point Jeffries might try to strike a deal with some sane Republicans and push through a more moderate Republican as Speaker. The only problem is that there are no sane, moderate Republicans.
https://problemsolverscaucus.house.gov/
Jim

Post by Jim »

The problem is any Republican caught making deals with dems will be villified by the pubs and called a RINO and thrown out of the caucus. In the end, the Freedumb Caucus gets just what they want...a non-functioning government and the pub party has no one to blame but themselves.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Jim wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:47 pm The problem is any Republican caught making deals with dems will be villified by the pubs and called a RINO and thrown out of the caucus. In the end, the Freedumb Caucus gets just what they want...a non-functioning government and the pub party has no one to blame but themselves.
Then why does Kevin McCarthy keep blaming the Democrats for the Republicans' inability to choose a speaker?

Never mind. I know why. It was a rhetorical question.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

If some of them got death threats just for not voting for Jordan, I think that would be waiting for them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

“How incredibly irresponsible it was for 208 Democrats and eight Republicans to put this House in absolute chaos without any kind of plan for how we were going to move forward,” said Dusty Johnson of South Dakota.
matt01.jpg
matt01.jpg (75.82 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Jim wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:47 pm The problem is any Republican caught making deals with dems will be villified by the pubs and called a RINO and thrown out of the caucus. In the end, the Freedumb Caucus gets just what they want...a non-functioning government and the pub party has no one to blame but themselves.
No, no, no, that can't happen because Republicans LOVE, no DEMAND, bipartisanship. Its their mantra! :roll:
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona

Byron Donalds
Congressman Byron Donalds wrote: Tonight, I am announcing my candidacy for Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:( Things have gotten really fu*king serious, Mr. Turd is over the GOP.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 4h
It's so over for the GOP. 😿 When you've lost MAGA's biggest furry star, Catturd: "I don't care nothin' about 'em no more." Catturd: "I'm done with them." "Never DM me again." "They hate their voters." "I'm high school educated so I could debate Merrick Garland into the ground."

ct 1.PNG
ct 1.PNG (111.24 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

ct 2.PNG
ct 2.PNG (133.44 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

ct 3.PNG
ct 3.PNG (142.16 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

Guilty-pleasure #Angertainment: Check out "In The Litter Box w/ Jewels & Catturd", a schadenfreude podcast. Mr. Turd and his purr-voiced kitten Jewels Jones are permanently outraged, coping & seething. 😾 The 1st 30 mins of this are cluelessly hilarious. It's all the venomous fun of Bannon and Mark Levin but with a huge amount of cluelessness, delusion (they keep saying how THEY are going to change things -- OR ELSE) and bravado. Mr. Turd is believing his press.

All quotes above are in those 20-30 mins:

Hope MAGA doesn't mind I refer to their top talent as a FURRY.

MAGA furry Catturd is their biggest star. 2M followers on X. 😾 Behind his fursona, Phillip Buchanan's company is Catturd LLC in Florida so it's in OpenCorporates. Mr. Turd is the powerful furry who controls the MAGA agenda. What could go wrong?

Catturd llc.jpg
Catturd llc.jpg (51.12 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

You know the legend, you know the myth, you know the fursona... are you ready for the man?

► Show Spoiler

When you've lost Mr. Turd....... :blackeye:

BONUS: Kurt Schlichter has a new nickname for Matty Gaetz: FLORIDA BEVIS. :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “Current Politics”