#AZAudit Maricopa & Other Arizona County Election Audits - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Pulitzer / Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: #AZAudit Maricopa Arizona Election Audit - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Hutton Pulitzer / Karen Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Post by Frater I*I »

Estiveo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:41 am Cyber Chickens! We'll peck away your ballot fraud!
Where a KFC bucket on your head is standard uniform attire...

I'll come in again... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: #AZAudit Maricopa Arizona Election Audit - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Hutton Pulitzer / Karen Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
Buckethead was a Sprout favorite for a while.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:50 am How would that even work? Our ballots have no identifying numbers or anything on them and once they check you off on the poll books, that's the last time you are "connected" to your specific ballot. How could they link me to my ballot once they've handed it to me?
I am not sure what they are picturing either, but there seems to be a lot of talk that sounds like they want to verify who voted and how since they seem to want to tie ballots back to if someone is 'real' or not.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kate520 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:14 pm
Off Topic
Buckethead was a Sprout favorite for a while.
Off Topic
That poor guy, getting his face scratched off by chickens and all...
GettyImages-72291000-696x442.jpeg
GettyImages-72291000-696x442.jpeg (78 KiB) Viewed 2483 times
But in all seriousness, he kinda disappeared after his heart condition problem, I hope the dude is OK.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

neeneko wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:33 pm I am not sure what they are picturing either, but there seems to be a lot of talk that sounds like they want to verify who voted and how since they seem to want to tie ballots back to if someone is 'real' or not.
Which fundamentally cannot be allowed to happen.
Because then you can find out how a given person voted.
Which is completely antithetical to our democracy.
But we knew that.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

In the UK if they want to they can tell who someone voted for.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Uninformed wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:13 pm In the UK if they want to they can tell who someone voted for.
How?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:07 pm
Uninformed wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:13 pm In the UK if they want to they can tell who someone voted for.
How?
Each voter has an electoral role number, the clerk who issues the ballot paper writes that number on the stub in the book of ballot papers, and each ballot paper has a number. The ballot papers are supposed to be stored confidentially in each “constituency” and later destroyed. The best known examples are from years ago when the Special Branch (a semi-secret squirrel police group) had their local “representative(s)” report all those who voted for the communist party (and others).

- ETA. Obviously the voting process described above applies to in-person voting. Absentee voting involves an equivalent process. -

The “official” line is:
“However, the UK uses numbered ballots in order to allow courts to intervene, under rare circumstances, to identify which candidate voters voted for.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_ballot
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

That seims weird. Here (Oregon) once the envelope with the sig is separated from the ballot there is no way that the authorities can tell who voted for who. Of course Oregon is a vote by mail state (and it works great).
Fun facts cuz I live in a place where voting is not a partisan thing
1. Once Mrs. Reeve returned my ballot (the sig on the envelope thing). She was appalled. Called the county election office and they told her no big deal. Told me to sign her envelope and that they had a protocol for wrongly signed envelopes from the same address. It worked - I checked it on line.

2. Mrs. Reeve forgot to sign her ballot in an election. She got a letter about curing her ballot. Got a letter that asked her to sign some form so they could verify her sig. She could email, fax, mail, or deliver it. She did the email thingy and all was good. I do not live in a State that suppresses the vote.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

scirreeve wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:03 pm
:snippity:
2. Mrs. Reeve forgot to sign her ballot in an election. She got a letter about curing her ballot. Got a letter that asked her to sign some form so they could verify her sig. She could email, fax, mail, or deliver it. She did the email thingy and all was good. I do not live in a State that suppresses the vote.
Obviously not one of the red states, and aren’t you lucky?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

In the Dept of No Surprise:

HighGround.JPG
HighGround.JPG (70.47 KiB) Viewed 2285 times

What a shame.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

scirreeve wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:03 pm
That seims weird. Here (Oregon) once the envelope with the sig is separated from the ballot there is no way that the authorities can tell who voted for who. Of course Oregon is a vote by mail state (and it works great).
Fun facts cuz I live in a place where voting is not a partisan thing
1. Once Mrs. Reeve returned my ballot (the sig on the envelope thing). She was appalled. Called the county election office and they told her no big deal. Told me to sign her envelope and that they had a protocol for wrongly signed envelopes from the same address. It worked - I checked it on line.

I did the same with my mister's ballot. I called the county election office and they said the same thing.

I love OR.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It's definitely not Floriduh. A couple of years ago, our neighbors mixed their return envelopes. He used hers, yada yada. They were informed by mail their ballots had been destroyed. And they were Republicans. At least at the time (now right-leaning Is).
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

This is the key. Political analysts are already treating it as a foregone conclusion that the Republicans will capture at least one House of Congress next year, probably both. If that happens, 1) There is no way they will affirm an electoral college result in 2024 that goes against them, and 2) more broadly, they will have learned that the strategy of going all-in on the Big Lie is a winning bet. The only way to avoid that, which is more or less the death knell of American democracy, is for swing voters to come out in droves against Republicans in the midterms. This also means Democratic voters, who are understandably weary after four years of resisting Donald Trump, need to keep their energy up and actually fucking show up in 2022. This is one of the things that most irritates me about movement politics. People get all worked up when the opposition is doing things they hate, but then can't be bothered to show up and support politicians who are trying to do the things they want.

tl;dr: Fucking vote.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

:yeahthat:
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

What we really need is either swing voters becoming major players in the primaries, or do away with them completely (the primaries, not the swing voters).
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

When the shit hits the fan in 2024 and Trump gets his second term, the missus and I are leaving for Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands, a United States territory in the Pacific 100 miles north of Guam.

We will be farthest away from mainland United States but still be in United States territory.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Will take the other side of the bet that these audits end up being nothing, like we've seen before, the GOP screws up and doesn't win back either house in 2022, the disgraced loser doesn't run again, and demographics keep moving and Democrats win the White House again in 2024.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

orlylicious wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:40 pm Will take the other side of the bet that these audits end up being nothing, like we've seen before, the GOP screws up and doesn't win back either house in 2022, the disgraced loser doesn't run again, and demographics keep moving and Democrats win the White House again in 2024.
I’m with you 1000 % on this! :boxing:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

orlylicious wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:40 pm Will take the other side of the bet that these audits end up being nothing, like we've seen before, the GOP screws up and doesn't win back either house in 2022, the disgraced loser doesn't run again, and demographics keep moving and Democrats win the White House again in 2024.
I'm so glad to see you say this. The constant Eeyore "we're doomed" stuff gets old after a while, especially since we've been hearing it non-stop since trump showed up. Democracy still works or they wouldn't have been thwarted at each turn so far. And I'm not willing to base my future on the thought that we're already lost so we might as well accept it and move on. I'm not a Pollyanna about it, but I haven't thrown in the towel either.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:17 pm We will be farthest away from mainland United States but still be in United States territory.
I think Guam is a bit further, although, from what I can tell, Guam and the CNMI are similar in a lot of ways. They both have mirror versions of the Internal Revenue Code.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Love this!!! Can you please keep telling us things like this a LOT???
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: Me too, or three or whatever now. We need a poll/contest. Winner gets an invite to an inaugural ball.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

What is it about history that clearly shows that Democrats do not vote in mid-term elections, while Republicans come out in droves that makes anyone think we have a snowball's chance in hell of keeping the House? The Senate? We barely have that. It'll be gone too. Sorry, but unless something miraculous happens that makes the large majority of part time voters realize how fucken stupid they are to sit out mid-terms, I'm just not seeing it. We are fucked.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Luke

Post by Luke »

Um, Democrats won the House in 2018. And the 2022 Senate map is much worse for the GOP, 20 seats to Democrats' 14. Standing by my bet. If we want to have a topic on this all good, but this is the #AZAudit topic... my point is it will be nothing, like we've seen before, and swing voters hate what they are doing (see polling in message above).

WE ARE NOT FUCKED. Use that energy to help register voters, volunteer for your state and local Democratic Party and help make sure we win again.
The 2022 Senate map looks very good for Democrats
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 12:39 PM ET, Fri January 8, 2021

(CNN)Democrats' stunning sweep of the two Georgia Senate runoffs earlier this week installed Chuck Schumer as the incoming Senate majority leader. The 2022 map of Senate races looks likely to keep him there. While Democrats' takeover of the Senate majority -- albeit with a 50-50 seat tie and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris breaking ties -- has been totally overshadowed by the storming of the US Capitol by violent pro-Trump protesters, it's hard to overstate the importance of the switch in control.

The last four years are proof. President Donald Trump -- with a massive assist from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell -- remade the federal judiciary, most notably installing a 6-3 conservative majority in the Supreme Court thanks to three appointments to the nation's highest court by Trump, each of which was confirmed by McConnell's Senate.

Which brings me back to the 2022 map -- and why Schumer, at least at the start of the new cycle, has reason for optimism about the party's prospects of holding the Senate majority for the entirety of President-elect Joe Biden's first term in office. Now that the Georgia races are over, we have a full picture of what the 2022 map will look like. Republicans will have to defend 20 of their seats while Democrats will have 14 seats of their own on the ballot -- after special election takeover wins by incoming Sens. Mark Kelly (Arizona) and Raphael Warnock (Georgia).

So, the raw numbers favor Democrats. But so, too, does a deeper dive into which actual states are holding Senate races in November 2022. (Yes, we are only a year away from an election year!)
The general rule of thumb in politics is that open seats are easier to win than toppling an incumbent. Which should concern Republicans, given that their most vulnerable seats could all be open seats come November 2022.
More: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics ... index.html

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”