State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bill_g wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:06 pm Trump continues his attacks on Engoron and James despite the gag order. Let's see if the other shoe drops now, and just how loud of a thud it will be when it hits the floor. I'd like it to ring bells in Boston, and register on seismic detectors.
I suspect nothing will happen because neither of those are members of he Judge's staff.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Suranis wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:25 pm
Volkonski wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:35 pm CNN reports that Trump will fly to Florida this afternoon.
Just in time to argue that the Trial judge cant throw him in Jail for contempt for Jurisdiction? Just in time to claim he cant be in New York for the Deposition that should have been in Florida on October the third?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Acyn @Acyn wrote: James: I will not be bullied, and so Mr. Trump is no longer here. The Donald Trump show is over. This was nothing more than a political stunt.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:54 am Added bonus: it was all about Heather Touchy Giraffe, another former notable we haven't heard from in a while.
Ahhh Heather Ann Tutti-Fruti...

She's out of prison now, and has found that it's safer to grift her I-UV cult that a bank..

Couldn't tell you what she's up to lately because I can't make it through any of the i-UV vids...

Seriously, I can listen to Anthony Williams or Michael Parsons ramble SovCit stuff for over 30 mins, no problem, 30 second into an i-UV vid and I'm like: "This shit's too weird for me, I'm ottta here folks..." :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

hehheh.jpg
hehheh.jpg (98.76 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Suranis wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:52 pmhehheh.jpg
Now IANAL but it appears to me that Habba may be a wee bit over her head.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

https://x.com/OmarRiverosays/status/170 ... 49973?s=20
Omar Rivero @OmarRiverosays wrote: BREAKING: Republican 2024 presidential candidate Donald Trump loses it, throws a humiliating courtroom hissy-fit at his New York fraud trial after remaining uncharacteristically quiet during the first two days of trial.

It all started when the Judge Arthur Engoron declared that certain formalities can be ignored because there is no jury in Trump’s trial.

At this point, courtroom reporters say that Trump “began to grumble and angrily folded his arms while staring at the judge” and then “turned to defense lawyer Alina Habba,” loudly groaned, and exclaimed, “No jury!”

Then, Trump “threw his arms up in disgust and shook his head” as Judge Engoron looked on in disbelief, because, as he noted yesterday and the day before, it was Trump himself who decided to be tried by a judge instead of a jury.

Trump is clearly furious that he lost the case and he’s in serious danger of losing his business and going bankrupt, and now he’s desperately trying to save face with his cult.

Tick-tock, Donnie…
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:rotflmao:

The photoshop is glorious
realist

Post by realist »

bill_g wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:06 pm Trump continues his attacks on Engoron and James despite the gag order. Let's see if the other shoe drops now, and just how loud of a thud it will be when it hits the floor. I'd like it to ring bells in Boston, and register on seismic detectors.
I thought (perhaps wrongly so) that the gag order was only against the judge’s staff. :think:
Image X 4
Image X 32
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:01 pm Oh, you are so right, and I missed it. I never think of her as Reitz, but that's no excuse.

My post should have said, "As pipistrelle said already, the use of the phrase 'shipping clerk' ... blah blah blah"
My posts get overlooked a lot. Maybe as a consequence of being a bat that weighs 6 grams. Or blocks. :shrug:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

realist wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:37 pm
I thought (perhaps wrongly so) that the gag order was only against the judge’s staff. :think:
I thought that the gag order applied to "all parties" to the lawsuit. To this IANAL, that means plaintiffs, defendants (and their lawyers) and court employees.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 9d74&ei=10
Michael Cohen gave MeidasTouch co-founder Ben Meiseles an exclusive interview Wednesday where he said he will be informing a federal judge about Trump's decision to leave his NY trial early, despite using that trial as an excuse to avoid being deposed by Cohen, which could be a violation of what Trump represented to the court.

Cohen said, "Part of the order...is that Donald on the 9th of October, just a couple of days from now, is required to return to NY in order to give the deposition. I do believe it is incumbent upon my counsel to notify the court exactly what has transpired."

Trump was originally set to be deposed by Cohen on October 3rd, but the date was moved to October 9th following Trump's declaration that he would be too busy with the NY fraud case.

Trump is fleeing to Florida after a chaotic three days in court in NY, where he repeatedly attacked Judge Engoran and AG Letitia James, and after receiving a gag order for posting online threats against Engoran's law clerk.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:19 pm :rotflmao:

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

noblepa wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:19 pm
I thought that the gag order applied to "all parties" to the lawsuit. To this IANAL, that means plaintiffs, defendants (and their lawyers) and court employees.
I've heard it explained both ways: broad and narrow. Broad to include everyone involved, and narrow to include only staff. Engoron will be the one to clarify and expand on this.

Considering how fast he applied a gag, his silence today suggests either a long and thoughtful consideration that will be announced later, oooor he's pleased the man left town and won't be stumping on the steps any longer. The tea leaves are kind of hard to read at this time.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:52 pmhehheh.jpg
:rotflmao:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:19 pm :rotflmao:

:yeahthat: :lol:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:01 am
noblepa wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:19 pm

I've heard it explained both ways: broad and narrow. Broad to include everyone involved, and narrow to include only staff. Engoron will be the one to clarify and expand on this.

Considering how fast he applied a gag, his silence today suggests either a long and thoughtful consideration that will be announced later, oooor he's pleased the man left town and won't be stumping on the steps any longer. The tea leaves are kind of hard to read at this time.
IANAL interpretation of "all parties": the court ordered laintiffs and defendants, eg all persons working on their behalf, from attacking the court staff, excluding Engoron himself (he has the powers to slap wrists). Court staff of course do not retailiate to press attacks.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, Trump obeyed the letter of the instruction ("staff") outside the court to save face, and then fucked off back to Florida As fast as Michael Cohens Lawyers could chase him.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:19 am Well, Trump obeyed the letter of the instruction ("staff") outside the court to save face, and then fucked off back to Florida As fast as Michael Cohens Lawyers could chase him.
I wonder if after returning to FL Cohen gets his deposition now immediatly. The deposition in NY cause trial attendance was scheduled Oct 10 in NYC.
raison de arizona

Wake up Palm Beach, you're getting ripped off.
► Show Spoiler
realist

Post by realist »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:10 pm
Suranis wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:19 am Well, Trump obeyed the letter of the instruction ("staff") outside the court to save face, and then fucked off back to Florida As fast as Michael Cohens Lawyers could chase him.
I wonder if after returning to FL Cohen gets his deposition now immediatly. The deposition in NY cause trial attendance was scheduled Oct 10 in NYC.
I think 9th, but neither here nor there.
Cohen related in an interview yesterday that he was going to notify the court that Trump left the trial early, so didn't need that extension and essentially lied to the court. ;) Likely won't do him any good, but I like it anyway
Image X 4
Image X 32
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:51 pm Wake up Palm Beach, you're getting ripped off.
:snippity:
What about back taxes? :dance:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:50 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:51 pm Wake up Palm Beach, you're getting ripped off.
:snippity:
What about back taxes? :dance:
So I go in my room, pack up my things and I go
I slip on out the back door and down the streets I go
She a-howlin' about the front rent, she'll be lucky to get any back rent
She ain't gonna get none of it
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge Blocks Trump From Secretly Transferring His Money

BY KATHERINE FUNG
ON 10/5/23 AT 11:49 AM EDT

Judge Arthur Engoron is taking precautionary steps against former President Donald Trump, blocking Trump from making any moves to secretly protect his money while his civil fraud trial is underway.

Engoron issued a new ruling on Thursday morning, ordering all the defendants named in the lawsuit to provide a list of all the entities they currently own and to what extent any third party may have an ownership or interest in those entities. They must also provide advance notice for "the creation of a new entity" and "any anticipated transfer of assets or liabilities to any other entities."

Trump, his two eldest sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, former chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, Allen Weisselberg, and Trump Organization controller Jeffrey McConney will have a week to disclose all of the information to former federal judge Barbara Jones, the court-appointed monitor currently overseeing the company's finances.

Trump, his two eldest sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, former chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, Allen Weisselberg, and Trump Organization controller Jeffrey McConney will have a week to disclose all of the information to former federal judge Barbara Jones, the court-appointed monitor currently overseeing the company's finances.

The order comes ahead of the fourth day of Trump's civil trial in Manhattan. Engoron has already agreed with prosecutors that there is "conclusive evidence" that the former president inflated his assets and canceled the Trump Organization's business certification. New York Attorney Letitia James is seeking $250 million in damages from Trump as well as an additional ban that would prevent Trump and his two sons from conducting business in the state.

https://www.newsweek.com/judge-blocks-t ... ey-1832417

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”