INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by bob »

"Voluntary" is a key modifier.

The grand jurors can tell the defendants to stop bothering them, and the judge can step in to prevent harassment.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

If I was on the grand jury there is no way in the world would I allow myself to be subjected to potential doxing etc from defence council.
bob

Post by bob »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:13 am If I was on the grand jury there is no way in the world would I allow myself to be subjected to potential doxing etc from defence council.
IIRC, the grand jurors' names already are known (and public).

Presumably the jurors' other person information will remain under seal, but it is possible for it to get leaked. And then defense counsel could blame an unassociated "motivated" person discovered it on their own.
Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bob wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:19 am
Dave from down under wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:13 am If I was on the grand jury there is no way in the world would I allow myself to be subjected to potential doxing etc from defence council.
IIRC, the grand jurors' names already are known (and public).

Presumably the jurors' other person information will remain under seal, but it is possible for it to get leaked. And then defense counsel could blame an unassociated "motivated" person discovered it on their own.
Aw heck. What could go wrong?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I did not see that coming!
Pro-Trump Lawyer Lin Wood Turned State’s Witness in Georgia Racketeering Case, DA Reveals
He posted this last night?
IMG_5785.png
IMG_5785.png (351.89 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Just because the State put someone on its witness list doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve “turned,” or otherwise agreed to cooperate.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:02 am Just because the State put someone on its witness list doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve “turned,” or otherwise agreed to cooperate.
:yeahthat:
raison de arizona

Ah, thanks. Overzealous reporting.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:23 pm Ah, thanks. Overzealous reporting.
It would be irresponsible to continue to suggest that he has flipped, sold Donnie down the river, done the dirty, ratted on them, etc to the MAGA mob… :whistle:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:02 am Just because the State put someone on its witness list doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve “turned,” or otherwise agreed to cooperate.
I wondered about this. I've been surprised to see all the stories this week about how Molly Micheal (to do lists on the backs of classified note cards) has "flipped." Is telling the truth now known as flipping? I can see her answering their questions truthfully but still not offering every gory detail they don't ask about. Not that she is a target.

Jenna Ellis is a target--and indicted. She seems to have signaled that she's answering all the questions honestly, but remains (she lies) in the fuckhead camp. Is covering your own ass now flipping?
raison de arizona

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: Ken Chesebro says in a new court filing that when the false Georgia electors claimed to be "duly elected and qualified" that wasn't a lie because they *had* been elected ... by the Republican Party.

Haven't heard this one before.

https://documentcloud.org/documents/239 ... -motion-11
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Ya gotta give him points for imagination. :eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Yabbut, I believe all litigation was over by December 14.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Political Parties don't appoint electors. Even I know that.
Hic sunt dracones
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:28 pm Political Parties don't appoint electors. Even I know that.
In some states they can run at the state convention and maybe in 1 or 2 states can get voted to the slate in the primary, but this just means they get their names on the ballot in the general. They still have to win in the general election (on behalf of their candidate) before they can actually do anything to the electoral vote count.
raison de arizona

Chesebro asks court to suppress use of emails in Trump Georgia election case
:snippity:
Attorneys for Kenneth Chesebro, a pro-Trump lawyer, argued the search warrant used to obtain emails from his MSN email account ahead of his indictment “is defective” and the search and seizure of the emails was “illegal.”

In their Fulton County Superior Court filing, Chesebro’s attorneys said Georgia rules only allow the use of search warrants where there is probable cause to believe that the evidence sought would otherwise be deleted.

But there was “no such concern” in this case, they argued, ”because months earlier Microsoft had archived all the e-mails in Fulton County Superior Court.”

Chesebro’s lawyers also argued they were not “contacted to schedule a hearing for review of the obtained documents in order to minimize review of documents falling outside the scope of the warrant,” and to make sure prosecutors would not see emails protected by attorney-client privilege.

Those two factors are “fatal to the search warrant,” they argued.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/21/trump-l ... -case.html
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

If Trump never paid Cheseboro and they have no written agreement can he really claim he was Trumps attorney
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234829429/
LAST MONTH, WHEN Donald Trump parted ways with “Billion Dollar Lawyer” Drew Findling as his lead criminal defense attorney in the Fulton County, Georgia, case, the decision was then met with surprise and dismay, including among some of Trump’s closest advisers and lawyers.

At first, the reasons behind the departure were opaque, with several high-ranking members of Team Trump asking one another why the ex-president would ditch someone who was internally viewed as perhaps Trump’s single most competent attorney. Findling was in the middle of leading the legal defense against the one prosecution that is likely the most perilous for Trump — and the lawyer was replaced just as the former president was about to have his historic mug shot taken in Georgia.

But as the dust settled, some of the reasons behind this shakeup became clearer. According to three sources with knowledge of the matter, the high-profile departure was largely driven by the same kind of power struggles that have long plagued Trump’s legal teams, even (or, especially) during times when Trump is trying his hardest to stay out of prison. Those problems only intensified when it became clear that Fulton County prosecutors were going to pursue a wide-ranging indictment of Trump and many of his confidants; it was the kind of nightmare scenario that Findling, well-known for his successful defenses of Cardi B and Offset, was hired to attempt to prevent.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:11 pm
Chesebro asks court to suppress use of emails in Trump Georgia election case

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/21/trump-l ... -case.html
Michael Popok comments on this Cheseboro motion and expands on details of supporting documents filed. Like the document search warrant against his email, details formerly not known.
► Show Spoiler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

New Turtle wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:41 pm
Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:28 pm Political Parties don't appoint electors. Even I know that.
In some states they can run at the state convention and maybe in 1 or 2 states can get voted to the slate in the primary, but this just means they get their names on the ballot in the general. They still have to win in the general election (on behalf of their candidate) before they can actually do anything to the electoral vote count.
In Ohio at least, they are not on the ballot. Our ballot says something like The Electors pledged to support" or something like. They are duly elected when the Secretary of State certifies the election.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Katie Phang @KatiePhang wrote: NEW: Judge McAfee in Fulton County orders that no identifying info of jurors/prospective jurors shall be disclosed.

Jurors shall be identified by number. No addresses or other personal info shall be disclosed.

No drawings or photos or videos of jurors/prospective jurors.
bob

Post by bob »

RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:26 pm If Trump never paid Cheseboro and they have no written agreement can he really claim he was Trumps attorney
Yes, he could claim.

Proving with competent, credible evidence is altogether different.
Image ImageImage
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

bob wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:15 am
RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:26 pm If Trump never paid Cheseboro and they have no written agreement can he really claim he was Trumps attorney
Yes, he could claim.

Proving with competent, credible evidence is altogether different.
That's our bob!

I guess any such claim carries more weight if both alleged client and alleged attorney make the same claim. Without paper or payments, I can't imagine a court accepting the claim if one party says "no, that's not what happened". But surely Trump has never thrown anybody under the bus, has he? Except everybody.

Yeah, FAFO has a specific instantiation in WFTAFO (work for Trump…).

Poor darlings, if only my sympathy tank wasn't completely empty, I'd … who am I kidding? … I'd never care!

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”