George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Do you think Kitara Ravache gave Maddy a warm welcome because of his intellectual prowess, his command of current events and issues, or his effervescent personality? :P

From a Dana Milbank column about the total disfunction of the House GOP: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -deadlock/
As though to illustrate that point, former GOP congressman Madison Cawthorn (the one who accused his then-colleagues of having cocaine-fueled orgies) returned to the House floor for a visit — where he was warmly received by serial liar George Santos (R-N.Y.).

Maddy Drag.jpg
Maddy Drag.jpg (396.07 KiB) Viewed 1097 times

Maddy Rafaello.JPG
Maddy Rafaello.JPG (127.93 KiB) Viewed 1098 times

Benjamin Ryan @benryanwriter
So you're of the opinion--or knowledge?--that Cawthorn is gay?
10:56 PM · Jan 11, 2023

Replying to @benryanwriter @datsochris and @rachelvscott
Archangelo @datsochris Jan 12
I mean he was wearing drag and had intercourse with his male cousin. I think it’s safe to say he may identify apart of the LGBTQ but cannot comes to terms with it. I support him and his process in it. So yes I believe he is. If you look at santos he walks the same as a gay like me

Boys Boys Boys! :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:07 pm Do you think Kitara Ravache gave Maddy a warm welcome because of his intellectual prowess, his command of current events and issues, or his effervescent personality? :P

From a Dana Milbank column about the total disfunction of the House GOP: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -deadlock/
As though to illustrate that point, former GOP congressman Madison Cawthorn (the one who accused his then-colleagues of having cocaine-fueled orgies) returned to the House floor for a visit — where he was warmly received by serial liar George Santos (R-N.Y.).

Maddy Drag.jpg

Maddy Rafaello.JPG

Benjamin Ryan @benryanwriter
So you're of the opinion--or knowledge?--that Cawthorn is gay?
10:56 PM · Jan 11, 2023

Replying to @benryanwriter @datsochris and @rachelvscott
Archangelo @datsochris Jan 12
I mean he was wearing drag and had intercourse with his male cousin. I think it’s safe to say he may identify apart of the LGBTQ but cannot comes to terms with it. I support him and his process in it. So yes I believe he is. If you look at santos he walks the same as a gay like me

Boys Boys Boys! :lol:

Am I the only one looking for the gay guy in the red tie? Is this like Where's Waldo?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Posted for the video, not Simon Ateba’s drivel.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That's a fine class from the inventor of the Fire Alarm.

Indeed, he invented fire itself. :rotflmao:

raison de arizona

The walls are closing in...
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 19323?s=20
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: ALERT: Former campaign aide to Rep George Santos pleads guilty to conspiracy count. Feds say Nancy Marks acknowledged “falsely inflating the campaign’s reported receipts with non-existent contributions and loans”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Holy Moly!
-

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews

ALERT: Superseding indictment against Rep George Santos (R-NY). He now faces *23* charges, including conspiracy & fraud. Feds: “Santos allegedly led multiple additional fraudulent criminal schemes, lying to the American public in the process.”

In addition to conspiracy charge, Santos faces:

Seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements… per Feds
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:faint:

:hittingthefan:

As the founder of the George Santos #enjoyitwhileyoucan club, I am
delighted with this result. I don't suppose they'll lock him up before
the verdict...

...unless they catch him when he attempts to flee.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

The Trumpublik party isn't sending their best.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I said all along the $700k "loan" was a trick for him to take donor dollars and put them in his pocket when he paid back the ''loan'' after the election. He didn't count on actually winning or anyone looking too close at his campaign finance reports.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Good news for western Long Island.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Post by Foggy »

If only he can visit Brazil, where he has friends and speaks the language (Portuguese). The extradition treaty only applies if the offense(s) committed are considered crimes by both countries.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Didn't he have to surrender his passport when "his family" posted his bail?

raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:25 pm Didn't he have to surrender his passport when "his family" posted his bail?
He pleaded not guilty at an 11-minute hearing and was released on $500,000 bond. Santos must submit to pretrial services, have random monitoring at his home and surrender his passport, and any travel outside New York state and Washington, D.C., must be approved by the court.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... -rcna83716
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So, as a Brazilian citizen all he has to do is sneak out of the US, maybe he can hitch a ride on Trump's private jet when he flees the country.

He can promise Trump he'll give him A gazongazillion dollars in gas money to drop him off in Rio on Diaper Donnie's way to Moscow.

raison de arizona

He will not resign.
Cassie Semyon @casssemyon wrote: GEORGE SANTOS leaving the House GOP meeting tonight says “I have no idea what you guys are talking about,” when asked the 23 new charges he is facing. Members had to check us phone, and Santos claimed he hadn’t looked at his phone at all.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

This lays it out pretty well regarding the new charges
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/co ... atements-0

It sounds like he was using donor money, adding fake charges on donors credit cards, identity theft, etc
In addition, between approximately December 2021 and August 2022, Santos devised and executed a fraudulent scheme to steal the personal identity and financial information of contributors to his campaign. He then charged contributors’ credit cards repeatedly, without their authorization. Because of these unauthorized transactions, funds were transferred to Santos’s campaign, to the campaigns of other candidates for elected office, and to his own bank account. To conceal the true source of these funds and to circumvent campaign contribution limits, Santos falsely represented that some of the campaign contributions were made by other persons, such as his relatives or associates, rather than the true cardholders. Santos did not have authorization to use their names in this way.
During the 2022 election cycle, Santos was a candidate for the United States House of Representatives in New York’s Third Congressional District. Nancy Marks, who pleaded guilty on October 5, 2023 to related conduct, was the treasurer for his principal congressional campaign committee, Devolder-Santos for Congress. During this election cycle, Santos and Marks conspired with one another to devise and execute a fraudulent scheme to obtain money for the campaign by submitting materially false reports to the FEC on behalf of the campaign, in which they inflated the campaign’s fundraising numbers for the purpose of misleading the FEC, a national party committee, and the public.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

The thing is, the total of the improper charges seems to be a six-figure number. Unless there's something nasty in the punishment provisions of the new charges, I doubt that the new charges will change the sentencing guidelines computation very much.

I don't recall seeing a sentencing guidelines analysis for Santos, and it would necessarily be imprecise at this stage, because lots of the relevant factors for enhancement wouldn't appear in the indictment. However, my wild-ass guess is that Santos would be facing a sentencing guidelines recommendation for somewhere between 3 and 7 years in the pokey. Ordinarily I would expect a federal judge to choose a sentence near the bottom of the range, but Santos presents a particularly unappealing case for a judge to exercise her discretion in the direction of mercy.

Edit: five-figure, maximum six-figure.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Great minds are wondering the same thing this morning.
The case is currently scheduled for a status conference before Judge Seybert on Oct. 27. If convicted, he faces a mandatory minimum penalty of two years in prison for the aggravated identity theft counts and a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison for the other counts. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after considering the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/congress ... aud-scheme
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

And I just edited my post to reflect that the amount involve appears to be a five-figure number, and certainly no more than a six-figure number.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Thanks for that! The five digits seemed to low to me, too. In fact, I won't be surprised if it ends up in six figures before day one of his he signs his plea deal.
raison de arizona

NY Republican first termers come together against Santos.
https://twitter.com/RepDesposito/status ... 39148?s=20
Rep. Anthony D’Esposito @RepDesposito wrote: Today, I’ll be introducing an expulsion resolution to rid the People’s House of fraudster, George Santos. The resolution will be co-sponsored by fellow #NewYork freshman @RepLaLota @RepMikeLawler @RepMolinaroNY19 @RepLangworthy @RepWilliams.

Our statement will follow. 🇺🇸
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Finally.

Return to “Current Politics”