INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by Kendra »

We're under way. CNN is showing it live (so far) with Wolf and Kaitlan at the main desk. Fox, however, is leading the hour with some bitching about mask mandates in school. :biggrin:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

ChezeBro's attourney says that the conspiracy is basically "to elect" fuckhead as president. So it's too broad and a total waste of time.

Good luck with that.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

IANAL, but it is my understanding that, in general, a subject of a photograph must give permission for the photo to be used commercially. One major exception is the "face in the crowd". If I am photographed at a public gathering, or at a newsworthy event, and my face is recognizable in the resulting image, I usually have no grounds to object to the use of the photograph, whether the use is for news reportage or a commercial use.

I think I've seen disclaimers on the back of Major League Baseball tickets, granting permission for my image to be shown on TV or in printed news coverage of the game.

There is a famous story about Mel Brooks filming the final scene of the movie "Blazing Saddles". When the cast breaks character and runs out of the studio gate onto a public street, there is one older gentleman in a cardigan sweater, looking very befuddled by what was happening. In fact, he WAS befuddled. He was there entirely by accident and had no idea that a movie was being shot. When Brooks realized what had happened, he sent an assistant to catch the guy and have him sign a release. Without the release, Brooks could not have used the image, since the guy's face is clearly visible and recognizable.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Severance denied as to Chesbro and Powell. Their trial will go on October 23 together. As to the other 17 including Trump that is yet to be determined.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Reality Check wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:25 pm Severance denied as to Chesbro and Powell.
:thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chesebro gets to be tried alongside Squidney.

IANAL but if I were him I would plead guilty and get it over with. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

McAfee comes across as smart without being arrogant, with an easy control of his court. No idea how that will play or change in the long run, but it was good beginning. He's a techie.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

MSNBC @MSNBC wrote: Judge McAfee denies Kenneth Chesebro's motion to sever his Georgia election case from Sidney Powell's, with a trial to proceed on Oct. 23, 2023.

There has been no ruling yet on whether the cases will be severed from Trump's and the other 16 co-defendants, or on removal issues.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Axios:
Updated 18 mins ago - Politics & Policy
Georgia prosecutors say 150 witnesses will be called in 2020 election case
Sareen Habeshian

A trial in Georgia's 2020 election case could last around four months, not counting jury selection, Fulton County prosecutors said in a hearing Wednesday. Driving the news: Special prosecutor Nathan Wade said the government has an excess of 150 witnesses it intends to call in the case. Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said it "seems a little unrealistic to handle all 19 (defendants) in 40-something days," with the proposed October 23 trial start date.

Context: During the hearing, attorneys for Kenneth Chesebro and former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell argued that their clients should be tried separately from the other defendants. McAfee denied the requests, saying, "Based on what's been presented today, I am not finding the severance for Mr. Cheseboro or Powell is necessary to achieve a fair determination of the guilt or innocence for either defendant in this case."

The big picture: The hearing, which was broadcast live, provided a peak into how much evidence prosecutors have in the case against former President Trump and his 18 codefendants.
Very nice. T**** should have to sit through all four months.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Does Mr. Jordan require a pat of butter for his BURN!
ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

much ado wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:43 pm Image
Just needs a .jpg...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

Thanks, I was just figuring that out. And I hit Submit rather than Preview.

I must be getting old... :bag:
raison de arizona

tfg? Wait to the last minute to file something? I find that hard to believe. :lol:
Alessandro Marazzi Sassoon @alemzs wrote: “I would interpret this document as Mr. Sadow’s way of telling me that his client is going to wait until the very last minute to decide whether to file a removal,” -@ClarkGSULaw

Latest on GA Trump case w/ @BySteveReilly & @KlasfeldReports
themessenger.com wrote: Trump ‘May’ Seek to Move Election-Racketeering Case in Georgia to Federal Court
The ex-president would be the sixth person in his 19-defendant RICO case to seek a transfer, including Mark Meadows, Jeff Clark, and others
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

News, Opinions & Views
@newsopinionsandviews@mastodon.social
Raw Story:
'This is how it's done': Legal experts applaud Fani Willis for sending Jim Jordan 'to the showers'

Social media legal experts piled on Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) after Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis fired off a multi-page letter to the House Judiciary chairman, essentially telling him to butt out of her investigation into tampering in the 2020 presidential election.

https://www.rawstory.com/jim-jordan-fani-willis/
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Georgia special grand jury recommended charges against Graham, Perdue and Loeffler

The special grand jury in Fulton County recommended charges against Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and former GOP Sens. David Perdue of Georgia and Kelly Loeffler, according to the special counsel grand jury report released by a judge Friday.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis did not charge Graham or Perdue when she returned an indictment last month against former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants in the sprawling racketeering case.

It was up to the district attorney to decide how closely to stick to the special grand jury’s recommendations.
https://www.cnn.com/webview/politics/li ... 99319bb461
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Gonna be hard for Lindsey to avoid the reporters on Capitol Hill... :popcorn:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:29 am
Georgia special grand jury recommended charges against Graham, Perdue and Loeffler

The special grand jury in Fulton County recommended charges against Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and former GOP Sens. David Perdue of Georgia and Kelly Loeffler, according to the special counsel grand jury report released by a judge Friday.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis did not charge Graham or Perdue when she returned an indictment last month against former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants in the sprawling racketeering case.

It was up to the district attorney to decide how closely to stick to the special grand jury’s recommendations.
https://www.cnn.com/webview/politics/li ... 99319bb461
Maybe we'll still see charges? Michael Flynn was also on the list.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:31 am Gonna be hard for Lindsey to avoid the reporters on Capitol Hill... :popcorn:
He can just freeze up and stare silently off into space for 30 seconds.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”