State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:37 am I LOLed.
2023-08-31 07.36.30.jpeg
He forgot to say the lawyers had tears in their eyes... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

When I was creating legal medical record documents, if I made an error, I could lose my job. But if those docs were subpoenaed for a malpractice suit, I don't think the doctor could get away with "The transcriptionist screwed up."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:11 pm When I was creating legal medical record documents, if I made an error, I could lose my job. But if those docs were subpoenaed for a malpractice suit, I don't think the doctor could get away with "The transcriptionist screwed up."
Don't doctors review for accuracy?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
They're supposed to. You'd be surprised what typos slip through. I remember one time the hospital got sued because the doctor correctly dictated the patient has no evidence of AIDs but the transcriptionist (not me, I swear) typed the patient has evidence of AIDs.

Proofreading gets a lot harder after a long day at the hospital.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It's much easier, I think, to catch someone else's typos.

When I graduated from college in 1975, I began working at one of the Big 8 accounting firms. I remember seeing several people sitting in a room, with one person reading aloud financial statements, making sure there were no typos. It's been a long, long time, but I think they were reading every punctuation mark, etc. That would be so very tedious... you couldn't pay me enough!
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:52 pm In Trumplandia, Trump doesn’t “take responsibility at all.”
Never has, never will.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 1126912530
IN THE NYS A.G. LETITIA JAMES CASE, I WAS TARGETED, GIVEN NO JURY, NO EXTENSIONS, NO COMMERCIAL DIVISION, NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, NO ANYTHING! THE DEMOCRAT JUDGE HATES TRUMP WITH A PASSION. THE THING I HAVE IS A GREAT CASE BASED ON PHENOMENAL NUMBERS THAT SHOW A NET WORTH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS MORE THAN SHE VICIOUSLY & FALSELY CLAIMED, VERY LITTLE DEBT, BIG CASH, A POWERFUL DISCLAIMER CLAUSE, PAID OFF LOANS, NO DEFAULTS, “HAPPY” BANKS, GREAT ASSETS. I WAS DEFAMED BY NYS - ELECTION INTERFERENCE!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

OMG. Trump is such a baby, such a whiner. Who could stand to be around such a whiny little brat?

This is NOT how a mature adult acts.

It's how a whiny little brat acts. One who gets left a home while the rest of the family goes to the movies. Or a restaurant.

Stick a pacifier in his mouth!
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

I'm reading the 487 page transcript. the first thing did was throw Eric onto the MTA third rail
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:15 pm I'm reading the 487 page transcript. the first thing did was throw Eric onto the MTA third rail
He'd feed all of his kids feet first into a woodchipper to save his own ass...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Don't worry baby. Jury is coming soon.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:17 am I working my way through the NY Depo. About a third of theh way through. Gag me.

As an editor I am qualified to trim off the extraneous words. Here is my version of what I've read so far. Dedicated readers will note some familiar refrains:
Outstanding job, p0rtia. :thumbsup: You have saved so many of us from serious :vomit:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

keith wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:33 pm Don't worry baby. Jury is coming soon.
I've read that it's not yet clear whether this will be a jury trial, a bench trial, or a bifurcated trial with only some issues decided by a jury.

The action has been brought under N.Y. Executive Law § 63(12), which allows the attorney general to seek injunctive and "other relief" '[w]henever any person shall engage in repeated fraudulent or illegal acts or otherwise demonstrate persistent fraud or illegality in the carrying on, conducting or transaction of business." There is no historic or constitutional right to a jury trial in claims for equitable relief such as injunctions.

Section 63(12) also permits an order "directing restitution and damages," and Trump might have the right to a jury trial as to that aspect of the case. Trump's lawyers might have have been able to defer making a decision whether to exercise that right. It's not clear whether a New York City jury would be a good thing for Trump. OTOH, Judge Engoron seems like a smart, tough judge who has Trump's number, so Trump should be fearful no matter what.

There's probably a body of law concerning jury trials under § 63(12); I haven't looked at it.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

chancery wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:39 pm
:snippity:

I've read that it's not yet clear whether this will be a jury trial, a bench trial, or a bifurcated trial with only some issues decided by a jury.
:snippity:
Thanks so much for the info on all the possibilities of how this case might be handled. I really appreciate it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:15 pm I'm reading the 487 page transcript. the first thing did was throw Eric onto the MTA third rail
He chartered the bus he threw them under.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:33 am You have earned …drum roll…. the Fogbow Medal of Valor!!!!!! Congratulations, p0rtia, for your bravery!!!!!!
His Illuminated Majesty's Imperial Air Force would also like to award to you the Dachshund Cross, with The Bone Device for Valor.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

:shock:

With the bone device. Whoa, that's heavy, man. :batting:

P0rtia is da bomb.

And Trump is the greatest businessman of all time! Why does everyone hate him, he's such a wonderful guy?

It's a :pickle:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:09 am :shock:

With the bone device. Whoa, that's heavy, man. :batting:

P0rtia is da bomb.

And Trump is the greatest businessman of all time! Why does everyone hate him, he's such a wonderful guy?

It's a :pickle:
Really funny how the greatest. negotiator. evah. can't actually negotiate with his political adversaries, innit? I mean, isn't the point of being able to negotiate being able to do so with people who don't actually want to be your friend but would have some kind of claim on something you want and vice versa? Ah, fuggedaboudit.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Reading the Letitia James motion for partial summary judgement. Fun stuff with juicy details.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... memo-83023

My fave so far is the list of lies. We've heard most of it before, but it's nice to see it organized.
Orangallini SFC Lies.jpg
Orangallini SFC Lies.jpg (76.95 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

You da bestest. 🐱🐱🐱

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:28 am Reading the Fanni Willis motion for partial summary judgement. Fun stuff with juicy details.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... memo-83023

My fave so far is the list of lies. We've heard most of it before, but it's nice to see it organized.

Orangallini SFC Lies.jpg
Letitia James not Fani Willis.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Again from the Tish James summary judgement motion:
Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 10.38.02 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 10.38.02 AM.png (65.07 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Snort.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I keep reading her name as "Loretta" for some reason. :lol: Damn you dyslexia!

And daaaaaamn that some serious shade.
Hic sunt dracones
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Also, the repeated use of Mr. Trump :lol: :lol:

Tfg must be :explode: :explode:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”