INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
sad-cafe

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - INMATE NO. P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by sad-cafe »

5'2" with eyes of blue

but oh what those 5 feet can do!!!

oh and dynamite comes in small packages
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - INMATE NO. P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:12 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:20 am If you look at his (limited) list of modifiers and superlatives, you realize how inferior he feels and that he has to tower over everyone (figuratively and literally). 6'3" is what he thinks is "realistic" vs. say, 6'6". Comey must have freaked him out. Here he is with Barron. https://hollywoodlife.com/pics/barron-t ... 0-jul-2022
Well, Eric is way taller than tfg -- which may account in part why he is not the favorite son. Imagine how Barron must feel.

Aside: ya know, taller than average teens get bullied too -- "how's the weather up there?", etc
Netflix made two teen romance movies about this: Tallgirl and its sequel
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Off Topic
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:13 pm Netflix made two teen romance movies about this: Tallgirl and its sequel
That looks cute, nice trailer at least.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg (241.6 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
realist

Post by realist »

Because when you’ve lost the Federalist Society.
Those darn RINOs. :lol:

Image X 4
Image X 32
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Two of Trump's RICO co-defendants, Chesebro & Powell, want speedy trial. This is bad news for Trump.

Glen Kirschner
26 Aug 2023

Of the 19 co-defendants indicted in Georgia's election interference case, two have thus far demanded a speedy trial. A trial has been set for October 23, 2023. But in the event the two defendants who have demanded a speedy trial, Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell, go to trial first, this could end up doing serious damage to Donald Trump in the court of public opinion.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What advantage is a speedy trial to corrupt lawyers?
much ado

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:56 pm What advantage is a speedy trial to corrupt lawyers?
They're younger when they get out of jail?
somerset

Post by somerset »

much ado wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:00 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:56 pm What advantage is a speedy trial to corrupt lawyers?
They're younger when they get out of jail?
:rotflmao:

:thumbsup:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Less time that their own equally (or more) corrupt lawyers will have to bleed them on fees?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

1. Catch the prosecutor unprepared, which leads to
2. Better conditions for a favorable plea deal.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Hope to be first in line for flipping on the others.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:42 pm
That’s where my brain was heading.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

There's also the human element: the prospect of this process dominating one's life for the next two years might annoy/upset/terrify some people so they wish for the horror to start soon so it might end sooner.

With this bunch I doubt that that is the motivation. But it's important to remember that these people are not just traitors, criminals, liars, bullies and cheats; they are people too. Bad people, but people.

If I were a defendant in such a case my calculation would include a strong element of "is being in the same trial as them going to improve our reduce my chances of escaping my rightful fate?" The Trump legal bulldozer might clear a way out or it might demolish everything.

I like Willis's play: "You want a speedy trial? Fine, but why not super-speedy?"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

BREAKING: Found some TOP SECRET footage of The Squid being speedy. Impressive.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:55 am With this bunch I doubt that that is the motivation. But it's important to remember that these people are not just traitors, criminals, liars, bullies and cheats; they are people too. Bad people, but people.

If I were a defendant in such a case my calculation would include a strong element of "is being in the same trial as them going to improve our reduce my chances of escaping my rightful fate?" The Trump legal bulldozer might clear a way out or it might demolish everything.

I like Willis's play: "You want a speedy trial? Fine, but why not super-speedy?"
They're also arrogant people, above the law in their own minds. At least the "upper" crust.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Huh. A squid can jet propulse itself 20 mph.

A dorado can swim 50 mph. Kick your ass, Squidney.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:42 pm
Also, too, whether there was a demand for a speedy trial is one of the factors to be considered in determining whether any speedy trial rights were violated. So there is likely some measure of preserving this issue for appeal.

But these events happened over 2 years ago. There was a lot of :waiting: for these charges to be filed. I imagine Fani Willis was ready to go to trial the day the indictments dropped.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:05 am They're also arrogant people, above the law in their own minds. At least the "upper" crust.
Yabbut that's not much of a reason for a speedy trial is it? Unless to grab the limelight or to be vindicated super-quick and parade one's wonderfulness to the fawning culchies?

Believing that oneself should be above the law also does not preclude an understanding that prosecutors and courts might not share that view, not being blessed with the believer's insight into their specialness.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion, but if the OSG is that sure of complete vindication in his trial, one would think he’d want to get it over early. Plus, acquittal would practically hand him the presidency. That thought gives me nightmares.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Meadows hearing underway. Teehee says he's taken the stand under oath. Does this mean Tank gets a crack at him? :smoking:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:44 am Just my arrogant opinion, but if the OSG is that sure of complete vindication in his trial, one would think he’d want to get it over early. Plus, acquittal would practically hand him the presidency. That thought gives me nightmares.
I doubt 12 jurors are going to agree he’s not guilty. Even if they do, there’s going to be a lot of appalling evidence revealed.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:51 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:44 am Just my arrogant opinion, but if the OSG is that sure of complete vindication in his trial, one would think he’d want to get it over early. Plus, acquittal would practically hand him the presidency. That thought gives me nightmares.
I doubt 12 jurors are going to agree he’s not guilty. Even if they do, there’s going to be a lot of appalling evidence revealed.
There was a great deal of appalling evidence revealed in the Mueller Report as well, including dozens of direct communication between members of the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence services that were openly working to help him get elected. And look what happened with that.

But yeah, I get what you are saying, and it would be excellent if a large majority of Americans avail themselves of the facts that come out at trial. Those facts will be appalling for sure.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:41 am
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:51 am
There was a great deal of appalling evidence revealed in the Mueller Report as well, including dozens of direct communication between members of the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence services that were openly working to help him get elected. And look what happened with that.

But yeah, I get what you are saying, and it would be excellent if a large majority of Americans avail themselves of the facts that come out at trial. Those facts will be appalling for sure.
No one read the Mueller report. A shocking number of Americans can't read, and those who can read have short attention spans or won't read. If the Georgia trial is streamed/on teevee, it'll get more eyeballs.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”