A General thread for 2024 Presidential Elections

bob

Post by bob »

A little disappointed "Obama's third term" wasn't a square.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I was verklempt that the Bingo card doesn't say "laptop" on the Hunter Biden tile.
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Their bingo card, their choices, although I think we can grant that the Hunter Biden square covers all his possessions too. :biggrin:

Nothing stopping you making your own, I've used this place a few times.
https://myfreebingocards.com/bingo-card-generator
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It's an exciting time in history. Trump is leading by a huge amount, and won't even be there.

And none of the other 8 are qualified in the slightest degree for the office.

So next year, we'll have Joe "Geezerhood" Biden, who will be 137 years old on Election Day, versus a criminal or some other creep who has no business in the White House.

It's going to be an exciting year next year, and we are still five months away! Woot!
You are what you eat.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:41 pm It's an exciting time in history. Trump is leading by a huge amount, and won't even be there.

And none of the other 8 are qualified in the slightest degree for the office.

So next year, we'll have Joe "Geezerhood" Biden, who will be 137 years old on Election Day, versus a criminal or some other creep who has no business in the White House.

It's going to be an exciting year next year, and we are still five months away! Woot!
But the Trump** campaign is already claiming that tfg won tonight’s debate that he’s not even going to! :liar: :liar:
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Of course Trump's won the nomination already, most of tonight's contenders are spineless cowards, Christie is despised by a large cross-section of the GOP base, and Asa Hutchinson has less name recognition than me! :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I just hope Señor Carlson elicits some really good stuff from the great orange sandworm, because in less fewer than 48 hours he has to submit (proudly) to ARREST, which is really wonderful for him, because every indictment and arrest just makes him stronger. :sick: But he probably will be very excited about it, even though it's Thursday. And when he gets excited, ketchup bottles cower in terror. :mrgreen:

So he can say whatever he wants to Señor Carlson, I can't wait to see him incriminate himself and intimidate witnesses and hell, maybe it's time to start threatening judges, because dig it: Whether anybody likes it or not, the boss is above the fucking law and it's getting to be a good time to prove it.

So that's nice. :towel:

:whisper: I typed 48, my tablet suggested I autocomplete with this: 488d8021-27e3-41d3-a773-5345ff2d3fa7. I don't even know how many zeros and ones it would take to convert that to binary. Alexa says you can't even convert hexadecimal to binary directly.
You are what you eat.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I look forward to reading comments from all the bowsers who do watch it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Not me. Maybe I'll watch MSNBC at 11 PM. Maybe.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:26 pm I look forward to reading comments from all the bowsers who do watch it.
I'll try, assuming I don't fall asleep by the time it's over. :oldlady:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Not me. I want to keep my dinner inside my tummy. But I'll be following Fogbow and Balloon Juice and Facebook.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sorry, I would rather enjoy a Kidney Stone.
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

DuhSantis make a weird face? Does he ever make a non weird face?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Off Topic
Converting hexadecimal directly to binary (except the dashes, maybe that's what Alexa couldn't handle) 488d8021-27e3-41d3-a773-5345ff2d3fa7 = 0100 1000 1000 1101 1000 0000 0010 0001 - 0010 0111 1110 0011 - 0100 0001 1101 0011 - 1010 0111 0111 0011 - 0101 0011 0100 0101 1111 1111 0010 1101 0011 1111 1010 0111
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
The #GOP candidates’ debate getting underway. The media on site for the Fox News/RNC event is restricted to watching from the Fiserv Forum players’ parking garage.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Joanne Freeman
@jbf1755@mastodon.social
A stage full of people scared to raise their hand to say they believe in climate change.

Hedging and dodging.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
"The climate change agenda is a hoax," says Ramaswamy. Many in the audience boo.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

So far, Ron is hollering talking points that were focus group tested and getting screams for tiny, ridiculous culture war-y kinds of irrelevant things. He looks ANGRY and is talking too fast. Really, there are no happy warriors here (maybe Vivek a bit). There are tons of Vivek fans, he just addressed to Pence ""now that we've gotten talking points out of the way..." which was a talking point. Pence is trying to be tough. Nicky Haley blames Republicans for raising the debt $7.5 trillion. Pence tried to bat it away. Martha McCallum followed up saying, BUT $3.5 trillion of the debt was BEFORE COVID. That was about the only quiet moment. Poor Asa was last to speak and his memorized talking points had nothing to do with the question.

RDS: "We've not schoolchildren, let's take it". Then he screams without answering the question. Vivek is about the only one with a smile as he says "I'm the only one not bought and paid for" and the audience loudly BOOS. Chris Christie says about Vivek. "ChatGPT is onstage" and (Vivek said he has a tough last name) says, the last time we heard that it was Barack Obama and he was another amateur. Nicky Haley keeps blaming Republicans and uses the old line, if you want something done ask a woman. Tim Scott compares the stage to children and then has the new idea "Let's bring jobs home".

It's lively, gotta give it that -- but it's a total smokescreen on policy.

The audience is SCREAMING at almost every comment. They are SCREAMING for Doug Burgham. 8-)

They are running audience questions on video and played a clip of the Anthony song.

And that was all in the 1st segment! Now 9:30pm EDT. I'm so glad to have Joe Biden and our Democratic Senate. We need the House. I'd bet a lot of even Faux viewers are jealous, this is a noisy mess. And the indicted, impeached loser isn't even there yet. :lol:

Segment two is starting with the GOP fails on abortion. They are trying to say how they are PROLIFE then pivot to we can't pass bans. Nicky kicks it off with "Can't we all agree..." and six examples. Audience likes it. Pence chimes in "Consensus is the opposite of leadership" and wants a national law for at least 15 week ban. Haley replies because she was name checked. "You know we don't have the votes for this and shouldn't make women think they have to make this decision. Be honest with voters".

RDS' eyes look funny and he he's rushing. He looks down as if he has notes. He goes to memorized answers. He's being robotic. I've never seen him like this. Did Donald Trump Jr. share his Adderall or blow?

They still haven't gotten to the Indicates and whether the 2020 election was fair. Kinda still listening to hear the dancing. Hope somebody syncs that video to some tap dance music.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
Nearly a half hour in to the #GOPDebate and the only one who has uttered the word "Trump" is Mike Pence and it was to tout that administration's accomplishments.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Just what does she imagine such a consensus could be?

Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
"We need to stop demonizing this issue" of #abortion, says Haley. "Let's find consensus."
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I tried

I just could't take it
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
"We should not have a federal abortion ban," Burgum flatly declares, citing the 10th Amendment.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thank you for the play by plays, Volkonski... mostly I'm reacting as color commentary.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
First attack on Trump comes from Asa Hutchinson.
Luke

Post by Luke »

9:52pm EDT and the next segment will be "The Trials of Donald Trump". They showed a live shot of the Fulton County jail. Lots of BOOOOOOOO. This will probably be the most interesting segment. Wasn't planning to watch this much at all but the fast paced delusion and lying is sorta compelling.

Chris Christie gives Mike Pence a full-throated thanks for standing up for America. Interestingly, a lot of the audience applauded. Christie might have the line of the night with that, it surely will be on non-RWNJ TV. Nicki Haley pivots way too fast, but when she says T**** is the most disliked guy in America the audience loudly booed. Pence gets booed, but then when he says Kamala Harris won't be able to overturn 2024, there was some confused applause.

It's a total free for all, why they are letting the audience react like a Roman gladiator match is ridiculous. It's reducing the time for the debate and turning it into a talking points show.

As Lou Grant said to Mary Tyler Moore: "We know Ted Baxter will put his foot in his mouth. The question is, how is he going to get the other one in there too?"
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
The #GOPDebate has an angry, coked-up seeming #RonDeSantis, SCREAMING for #DougBurgham, insults galore & irrelevance.
As #LouGrant said to #MaryRichards (Tyler Moore): "We know Ted Baxter will put his foot in his mouth. The question is how is he gonna get the other one in there?"

Return to “US President”