INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben Meiselas thinks the former guy could not wait long enough to go against his bond terms

Question: is the consent order already active prior to the arraignment?

realist

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by realist »

Question: is the consent order already active prior to the arraignment?
My inclination would be yes, it is. He's already agreed to it and his attorneys signed off on it.

As an aside, I'm not sure those posts violate the conditions of release order. OMMV
Image X 4
Image X 32
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Moar YouTube Lawyers splainin Trump stuff.

Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:47 pm Haven't seen a link yet, but MSNBC says that there's really no negotiating being done with the lawyers. They come in and the DA says what the terms are. :boxing:
Fani's not messing about!

From MSNBC
Mark Meadows asked for more time to surrender in Atlanta.
Here is DA Fani Willis responding to the Meadows legal team.

meadows.jpg
meadows.jpg (72.83 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
bob

Post by bob »

That was in response to Meadows' ill-advised "well, actually, some of us are above the law" letter:
Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Isn't he special? :sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

realist wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:44 pm As an aside, I'm not sure those posts violate the conditions of release order. OMMV
Yeah, I thought that, for the most part, to violate the conditions of release order he had to be issuing - directly or indirectly - threats againt someone, not just whining.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Again I will point out that sections 5 & 6 of the order forbid him "to communicate in any way, directly or indirectly, about the facts of this case with any person known to him to be a [witness or codefendant] in this case except through his or her counsel." Given that most of his codefendents who have social media accounts follow him on social media almost certainly, I should think this is far more than danger than witness intimidation through social media. Or can one of our IAALs point out where I'm overthinking, underthinking, or wrongthinking this? I would consider a post on social media to be pretty clear indirect commuications if it's not a directly @ addressed communication, regardless.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... 4fa7fb359c
Rudy Giuliani still hasn’t found a Georgia-based lawyer and is getting help from former New York Police Commissioner Bernie Kerik, an unindicted co-conspirator in the Fulton County election subversion case, to help him find legal representation, sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.

Kerik, who is not a lawyer, has agreed to assist Giuliani at no cost through the first phase of the Georgia prosecution — including bond negotiations with the Fulton County district attorney’s office and then surrendering to local authorities, the sources said.

CNN previously reported that Giuliani is facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal bills and sanctions from numerous lawsuits related to his work for Donald Trump after the 2020 election. In recent months, Giuliani traveled to Mar-a-Lago and appealed to Trump himself for assistance with his legal bills.

Kerik worked closely with Giuliani after the 2020 election to chase down supposed election fraud. Now, the former Commissioner of the New York City Department of Correction is working his law enforcement contacts to help Giuliani once again.

Giuliani would need a Georgia-based lawyer to sign off on a bond agreement that would set the terms for his release once he surrenders at the Fulton County jail. The 19 defendants in the case, including Giuliani and Trump, face a Friday deadline to turn themselves in after being indicted last week.

Though he is not charged in the sprawling indictment out of Fulton County, his attorney confirmed to CNN that Kerik is the unnamed individual listed in the indictment as co-conspirator 5.

According to the indictment, co-conspirator 5 took part in several meetings with lawmakers in Pennsylvania and Arizona — states Trump was contesting the 2020 election results — including at least one meeting at the White House.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

'As successful as his tenure': Mark Meadows roasted after his self-surrender extension is denied

https://www.rawstory.com/mark-meadows-replies/
Meadows and his defense team maintain that his case should be tried in federal court because Meadows worked for the Executive Branch when the forty-one felonies that Willis alleges in her criminal complaint were committed. But Willis disagrees, writing to Meadows' attorney Mark Moran at 6:25 a.m.:

Good Morning Mr. Moran, I am not granting any extensions. I gave 2 weeks for people to surrender themselves to the court. Your client is no different than any other criminal defendant in this jurisdiction. The two weeks was a tremendous courtesy. At 12:30 p.m. on Friday I shall file warrants in the system. My team has availability to meet to discuss reasonable consent bonds Wednesday and Thursday.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Post by tek »

Kerik, who is not a lawyer, has agreed to assist Giuliani at no cost through the first phase of the Georgia prosecution
Worth every penny!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Trump Supporters Plan Protest Outside Fulton County Courthouse

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-supporte ... se-1821746
Laura Loomer, a staunch supporter of Donald Trump and the Make America Great Again movement, has planned a rally coinciding with the former president's scheduled arrest and arraignment this Thursday in Fulton County, Georgia.

A grand jury voted to indict Trump on 13 felony counts, part of a total of 41 charges levied against the former president and 18 individuals in his orbit. The investigation into those individuals' alleged activity pertaining to the 2020 election and, specifically, the results in Georgia, culminated an approximate 2-and-a-half year investigation by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

Loomer previously organized a rally in June in Miami, Florida, when Trump was arraigned on 37 total counts in relation to allegedly retaining classified documents containing national defense information. Trump pleaded not guilty in that and other cases including alleged hush money payments made prior to the 2016 election, and his role surrounding the January 6 Capitol riots.
https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/ ... 7646852581

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

tek wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:19 am
Kerik, who is not a lawyer, has agreed to assist Giuliani at no cost through the first phase of the Georgia prosecution
Worth every penny!
:fingerwag: :nope: I suspect not even that.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:27 am Trump Supporters Plan Protest Outside Fulton County Courthouse
Laura Loomer...
They will be there in their half-dozens. HALF-DOZENS!
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:56 am
neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:27 am Trump Supporters Plan Protest Outside Fulton County Courthouse
Laura Loomer...
They will be there in their half-dozens. HALF-DOZENS!
I know. Her protest rally in Miami for that arrest was lack-luster.

I mean, if she could just handcuff herself to the Fulton County Courthouse door, she might receive some media coverage. But that is not happening as no one is getting anywhere near as it has been blocked-off for a week or more. So sad. :cry:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sidney Powell's bond is $100K. Good times :biggrin:
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:52 am
When he's on fire like this, Keith Olbermann is so incisive, on-point, and very funny! :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
District Attorney Fani Willis has until 3 p.m. ET today to file court submissions responding to requests by Mark Meadows and Jeffrey Clark – both defendants in her election subversion case against former President Donald Trump and several of his associates – that they be allowed to avoid arrest in her prosecution.

The dispute is playing out in federal court in Atlanta. Both Meadows and Clark are seeking to move the state court criminal case against them to federal court, where they argue that the charges against them should be dismissed. As part of that effort, they each filed requests for emergency court orders that would prevent Willis from seeking their arrest if they did not turn themselves in by the Friday noon deadline for self-surrender that Willis has set for the defendants in the case.

Meadows, who has a hearing scheduled for Monday in his effort to move the proceedings, had asked for Willis to extend the deadline for turning himself in until at least next week, after the hearing, according to court filings. But she rejected that request, writing in an email to his attorneys that come 12:30 p.m. ET Friday, she would file a warrant in the system for him if he had not self-surrendered.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So what about this new law in Georgia to remove elected prosecutors?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I like the expression "election subversion", it fits. :biggrin:

Hope everyone is enjoying my new avatar photo of my pal John Eastman! John and I are shopping around a new version of The Addams Family for after the writers strike.

Nice to hear about The Squid and her $100K bond (she raised millions, it seemed like we were in the wrong business at the end of 2020, but she's been Indicated and we haven't).
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Just Filed: State of Georgia's Response to Defendant Jeffrey Bossert Clark's Emergency Motion to Stay the State Criminal Proceedings

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 19.8.0.pdf
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I didn't have to read past the first paragraph. :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting Roodles just arrived at the jail for his processing, and that Squidney is already there getting processed. Good times.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

They managed to get to Atlanta. Clark can do so too.

Clark wasted time when he could have been making travel arrangements.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”