INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Volkonski
Verified:

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by Volkonski »

The bond is peanuts to Trump but will he be able to abide by the other release conditions?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
much ado

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by much ado »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:47 pm The bond is peanuts to Trump but will he be able to abide by the other release conditions?
Yeah, sure he will. :rotflmao:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:47 pm The bond is peanuts to Trump but will he be able to abide by the other release conditions?
What is even the point of a bond like that?

Though in fantasy land... it would make for such great drama if Trump, deciding to be cheap, uses a bonds bailsman so he doesn't have to put down the full 200k, then breaks his bond, and has bounty hunters after him. I wonder what the secret service would do in such a situation?
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

This one says he can't make any indirect threats through social media posts and also reposts, which is what he has been doing every day.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Srsly? :lol:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I bet 2c Au that he breaches at least one condition within 4 hours
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Are they taking the iPhone from him and giving him a simple senior citizen phone without any apps :?:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:17 pm
Are they taking the iPhone from him and giving him a simple senior citizen phone without any apps :?:
This would work:
4F37E50200000578-0-image-a-7_1534722648794.jpg
4F37E50200000578-0-image-a-7_1534722648794.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Given that codefendents and witnesses in the case are known to follow his social media, conditions 5 and 6 about not communicating with them directly or indirectly about the case would seem to tank him within minutes of being handed his phone, as I'm sure has been stated already repeatedly. But I think it's not even condition 4 with its sub-conditions about threats, but the general 'communication' conditions regarding the facts of the case that sink him.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Ccnditions 5 and 6, condensed:

The Defendant shall not communicate in any way, directly or indirectly, about the facts of this case with any person known to him to be a codefendant [and/or witness] in this case except through his or her counsel.

What are the odds of that? The Defendant lives and communicates in a fact-free world. This leaves him free and clear to yell "witchhunt" all he likes and communicate anything non-factual he chooses.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:07 pm
Given that codefendents and witnesses in the case are known to follow his social media, conditions 5 and 6 about not communicating with them directly or indirectly about the case would seem to tank him within minutes of being handed his phone, as I'm sure has been stated already repeatedly. But I think it's not even condition 4 with its sub-conditions about threats, but the general 'communication' conditions regarding the facts of the case that sink him.
All true, but, realistically, what can the judge do?

Any other defendant would land in jail for violating release conditions, but I don't think that the judge would have the guts to do that (or be able to make it stick). Fine him $100,000 per offending tweet? $200,000?

BTW, I hope it was at least a cash bond and that he has to bring a certified check when he surrenders. None of this $10,000 and a pledge of one of his golf courses as collateral.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump plans to turn himself in Thursday at Fulton County jail

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/21/politics ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump plans to turn himself in and be processed at the Fulton County jail on Thursday, following his agreement earlier Monday to a $200,000 bond and other release conditions.

“I’ll be going to Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday to be ARRESTED,” Trump wrote on Truth Social, confirming CNN’s earlier reporting from two sources familiar with the plan.

Several co-defendants in the sweeping Georgia racketeering case have also agreed to the terms of their bond agreements with the district attorney’s office.

Trump’s lawyers Jennifer Little, Drew Findling and Marissa Goldberg met with the district attorney’s office on Monday before the details of the bond agreement were released. Little, Findling and Goldberg are based in the state. Other Trump lawyers have been working behind the scenes on the approach to the bond and Trump’s forthcoming arrest, including Todd Blanche, who has taken the helm as Trump’s primary defense attorney across his multiple criminal indictments.

The release conditions outlined in Trump’s bond order are more extensive than those laid out in the others approved earlier Monday in the case.

Unlike some of his co-defendants, the former president is explicitly barred in the order from using social media to target his 18 co-defendants in the case, as well as any witnesses and the 30 unindicted co-conspirators.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
much ado

Post by much ado »

noblepa wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:02 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:07 pm
All true, but, realistically, what can the judge do?

Any other defendant would land in jail for violating release conditions, but I don't think that the judge would have the guts to do that (or be able to make it stick). Fine him $100,000 per offending tweet? $200,000?

BTW, I hope it was at least a cash bond and that he has to bring a certified check when he surrenders. None of this $10,000 and a pledge of one of his golf courses as collateral.
Well, if I were the judge, I would require him to come back to court in person so I could explain to him what the conditions of release are, explain to him how he recently violated those conditions, and explain to him that I was fining him $10,000 this time, and that if he continues to violate those conditions, he will be called back into court, and each time the fine will be double the previous fine. Or something like that.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:49 pm Trump plans to turn himself in Thursday at Fulton County jail

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/21/politics ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump plans to turn himself in and be processed at the Fulton County jail on Thursday, following his agreement earlier Monday to a $200,000 bond and other release conditions.

“I’ll be going to Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday to be ARRESTED,” Trump wrote on Truth Social, confirming CNN’s earlier reporting from two sources familiar with the plan.

Several co-defendants in the sweeping Georgia racketeering case have also agreed to the terms of their bond agreements with the district attorney’s office.

Trump’s lawyers Jennifer Little, Drew Findling and Marissa Goldberg met with the district attorney’s office on Monday before the details of the bond agreement were released. Little, Findling and Goldberg are based in the state. Other Trump lawyers have been working behind the scenes on the approach to the bond and Trump’s forthcoming arrest, including Todd Blanche, who has taken the helm as Trump’s primary defense attorney across his multiple criminal indictments.

The release conditions outlined in Trump’s bond order are more extensive than those laid out in the others approved earlier Monday in the case.

Unlike some of his co-defendants, the former president is explicitly barred in the order from using social media to target his 18 co-defendants in the case, as well as any witnesses and the 30 unindicted co-conspirators.
I hadn't seen these names before. New, local counsel?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Seeing him choose/have to write and post this is fabulous.

“I’ll be going to Atlanta, Georgia, on Thursday to be ARRESTED”

:thumbsup:

Needs updating. Could any of our graphic artists here update this to 91 counts?

0-78.JPG
0-78.JPG (54.16 KiB) Viewed 891 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

We're number 1!
We're number 1!
We're number 1!
We're number 1!
We're number 1!
We're number 1!
We're number 1!
We're number 1!
We're number 1!
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

LET THE PARADE OF HORRIBLES BEGIN!

Yee Haw, it's begun already. The blame game, pointing fingers and rats deserting the ship has started. David Shafer is blaming T****. John Eastman already surrendered and so did the bail bondsman. It's going to be a literal "parade of horribles" at the Fulton County Jail... they're open 24 hours, wonder if Roodles or any of them will come in at 2am to avoid publicity. That would be fun.

So we're about to get 16 more of these reports. The humiliation they must be feeling, that their friends, family and colleagues now know they've been criminally charged in a sprawling indictment, should be a deterrent to trying this madness again.

On the other hand, if Biden loses, I propose Kamala Harris send back the votes to the state legislatures and do all the thing T**** did since clearly Republicans think it OK.*
Trump attorneys guided false electors in Georgia, GOP chair says
The false electors were later used by Trump allies to attempt to foment a conflict on Jan. 6, 2021 and derail the transfer of power to President Joe Biden.
By KYLE CHENEY 08/22/2023 10:17 AM EDT

Former Georgia Republican Party Chair David Shafer said attorneys for former President Donald Trump, his campaign and the local GOP were responsible for urging him to assemble a slate of false presidential electors that are now at the heart of a sprawling racketeering case. Shafer is among the 18 defendants indicted in Fulton County, Georgia, alongside Trump as part of a conspiracy to subvert the 2020 election. “Mr. Shafer and the other Republican Electors in the 2020 election acted at the direction of the incumbent President and other federal officials,” Shafer’s attorney wrote in a petition seeking to move the Fulton County case to federal court.

To bolster his proposition, Shafer provided new documents that underscore the Trump campaign’s close involvement in efforts to assemble a group of pro-Trump activists on Dec. 14, 2020 to sign documents claiming to be Georgia’s legitimate presidential electors. Those false electors were later used by Trump allies to attempt to foment a conflict on Jan. 6, 2021 and derail the transfer of power to President Joe Biden. Shafer, who was among the Republicans who signed documents claiming to be a presidential elector for Trump despite Biden’s victory, has long claimed that the effort was meant to preserve Trump’s chances to prevail in Georgia in case his pending lawsuits broke in his favor. In Tuesday’s filing, Shafer underscored that the strategy was driven almost entirely by lawyers acting on Trump’s behalf — including Ray Smith, one of the other defendants charged in the case.

The filing underscores the tensions likely to manifest among the 19 defendants as the case unfolds and defendants seek to shift culpability to others charged in the alleged conspiracy. “[A]n attorney for the President was present at the December 14, 2020 meeting of the presidential electors itself and advised the Presidential Electors, including Mr. Shafer, that performance of their duties was necessary on behalf of the President and the Constitution,” Shafer’s filing noted, identifying Smith as the attorney. One of the documents Shafer revealed was a transcript of the meeting of the pro-Trump false elector slate. It reveals that Smith addressed the group before they signed the papers.
More: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/2 ... s-00112229

17 page certified Meeting transcript (it's more than I expected, looks like an official transcript with a reporting service logo: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 2669.3.pdf

An email was also filed as an Exhibit, interesting they didn't redact email addresses.

Shafer.JPG
Shafer.JPG (105.85 KiB) Viewed 778 times

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 2669.2.pdf

* Of course, I'm just kidding, unlike Trumpers, we can win elections without having to cheat and try to rig them through voter intimidation, fake electors and criminal conspiracies. But I did tweak some MAGAs back then and said thanks for the info, VP Harris will do it if they lose and that's OK with you, right? Shockingly, crickets. :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Can Donald Trump Sue the State of Georgia?:
Devvy Kidd wrote:I am not a lawyer and have no legal training but I can read and analyze.
:rotflmao:

Listening to nonlawyers' legal advice (looking at you, unindicted co-conspirator no. 1, Fitton) is what got the quadfectee where he is.

But, as always: This is Amurica; anybody can sue anybody for anything. Winning is altogether different, but these types of lawsuits aren't filed with courtroom victories in mind.

Rondeau's editing, however, left out the best part from Devvy's original:
Leo Donofrio is an attorney who used to have an excellent web site dealing with election fraud and laws along with the lawsuits he filed. I saved some of his postings because I learned a lot from them. . . .

I did find Leo while writing this column. He appears to active on social media, X (formerly Twitter; no one says X). . . . .

Back in 2020, Leo also laid out how Trump should file a Quo Warranto. I saved much of it from Leo’s site, but too long for this column.
:towel:
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

:lol: Thanks, Bob!

If only they had listened to him in Oct 2020! All that wasted overnight mail postage. These bastids, how could they not immediately act on Devvy Kidd's brilliant analysis? :(
Can Trump sue the State of Georgia? I overnight mailed this information to Trump; priority mail to his Chief Senior Adviser at the WH, Stephen Miller and his NV election fraud attorney, Jesse Binnell, in Oct. 2020. If Trump would have done this in those ‘swing’ states, it would have been a whole different outcome. Response from any of them? Crickets. The circus that followed with all those court challenges got blown away by partisan judges who completely ignored the U.S. Supreme Court.
:lol: Stephen Miller :lol: Jesse Binnell :lol:

(This message was saved and recovered by Typio Form Recovery, got a timed out message but it was in the Typio list. Posted info on how to update with a fork so it's works again.)
bob

Post by bob »

Clark is removing and seeking a stay:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows asked a federal court to issue an order that would prevent District Attorney Fani Willis from seeking his arrest if he doesn’t surrender to the Fulton County Jail by the Friday deadline.

Meadows, in a new court filing Tuesday, pointed to the court’s plans to hold a hearing Monday on his request that the state court prosecution against him be moved to federal court — where he is seeking the dismissal of the charges against him.

"District Attorney Fani Willis has made clear that she intends to arrest Mr. Meadows before this Court’s Monday hearing and has rejected out of hand a reasonable request to defer one business day until after this Court’s hearing,” Meadows said. “Absent this Court’s intervention, Mr. Meadows will be denied the protection from arrest that federal law affords former federal officials, and this Court’s prompt but orderly consideration of removal will be frustrated."
His filings include an email from Willis, in which the district attorney declined his request for an extension and said that at “12:30 pm on Friday I shall file warrants in the system.”
Luke

Post by Luke »

Yup, here we go. This is a NY Times story, but it's on the free DMYUZ site. They have lots of top stories.. don't know if it's authorized or not but they've been running for quite a while. Unfortunately, anonfiles closed down, people abused it too much.

The site is worth bookmarking or adding to your RSS reader like Protopage: https://dnyuz.com/2023/08/22/legal-batt ... n-georgia/
Mr. Shafer’s bond was set at $75,000 on Tuesday. The bonds for Mr. Eastman and for Jenna Ellis, another of Mr. Trump’s former lawyers, were set at $100,000, and for Michael Roman, a former Trump campaign aide, at $50,000. :dance:
Legal Battles Begin in Case Against Trump and Allies in Georgia
August 22, 2023 in News

Some of Donald J. Trump’s co-defendants in the election interference case in Georgia began turning themselves in on Tuesday, while others tried to get the sprawling criminal case moved out of state court and into federal court.

Jeffrey Clark, a former Justice Department official, and David Shafer, the former head of the Georgia Republican Party, each filed motions on Tuesday asking to have the case moved to federal court, just as Mark Meadows, the former White House chief of staff, did last week. Those motions lay the groundwork for what will be the first major legal fight in the case, which was filed in Superior Court in Atlanta last week. Most of the defendants, including Mr. Trump, plan to turn themselves in this week, as ordered by Fani T. Willis, the district attorney of Fulton County, Ga., who is leading the investigation. But Mr. Clark filed a request on Tuesday for an emergency stay, in a bid to avoid turning himself in at the notorious Atlanta jail where the defendants are being processed.

Another prominent Trump ally, John Eastman, turned himself in on Tuesday and was booked at the jail. Mr. Eastman, a chief architect of Mr. Trump’s effort to reverse his 2020 election loss, said in a statement that the indictment “represents a crossing of the Rubicon for our country, implicating the fundamental First Amendment right to petition the government for redress of grievances.” “As troubling,” the statement continued, “it targets attorneys for their zealous advocacy on behalf of their clients, something attorneys are ethically bound to provide.”

State criminal prosecutions can be removed to federal court under a federal statute that allows for such a change of venue if the case involves federal officials and pertains to actions taken “under color” of their office. The term refers to things done in an official capacity or as part of official duties. Last month, a federal judge rejected Mr. Trump’s efforts to have another state criminal case against him removed to federal court. That case, in New York, centers on Mr. Trump’s role in hush-money payments to an actress in pornographic films. In his order, Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein wrote: “Hush money paid to an adult film star is not related to a president’s official acts.”
► Show Spoiler
https://dnyuz.com/2023/08/22/legal-batt ... n-georgia/
bob

Post by bob »

Mr. Shafer’s lawyers made a novel legal argument that their client had the right to remove the case to federal court because, as a “presidential elector,” he was “acting under the authority of the Constitution and the Electoral Count Act,” and was doing so “at the direction of the President and other federal officers.”
"Novel" certainly is a word that could be used. :roll:

"For completeness," Shafer's removal.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Haven't seen a link yet, but MSNBC says that there's really no negotiating being done with the lawyers. They come in and the DA says what the terms are. :boxing:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”