INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
p0rtia

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:38 am
SuzieC wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:04 am I keep telling myself, and anyone else who will listen, that I can't imagine that Trump will GAIN votes that he didn't get in 2020. Who would now, after all that has happened, be persuaded that Trump is the person that we need as President? I think he'll retain the votes of the MAGA cult but that's all.
I've thought the same thing, I was just afraid to say it out loud.
Me 3. After every indictment announcement or appearance, Corporate media reports that Cheetolini's approval ratings are up (then they add "among Republicans"). My question is, up from what? And how "up"? To me it's non-serious reporting. If you take them at their word, he would have hit 100 percent approval long ago. I'd love to see just one of these schmucks show us a simple graph of the famous "approval (among Republicans)."

At this point, seems that Corporate media is in it to own the libs too.
Suranis

INDICATED #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump ET AL - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by Suranis »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:11 am Who's holding the bets for whether or not Cheetolini holds his presser on Monday and releases his Georgia Manifesto?

I'm a solid When Hell Freezes Over vote.
I'm thinking he might start talking about how great his hotel is and how people should visit it because its marvelous. And then start whinine about how MEAN everyone is being to him.

But really he wants to be live on Primetime TV again and have loads of TV cameras there again and have people talking about him again. This is his chance to have people focused on the most important thing in the world again... him.
Hic sunt dracones
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:48 am :snippity:
Me 3. After every indictment announcement or appearance, Corporate media reports that Cheetolini's approval ratings are up (then they add "among Republicans"). My question is, up from what? And how "up"? To me it's non-serious reporting. If you take them at their word, he would have hit 100 percent approval long ago. I'd love to see just one of these schmucks show us a simple graph of the famous "approval (among Republicans)."

At this point, seems that Corporate media is in it to own the libs too.
The media makes a lot of money covering Trump's horrific behavior. That's why they want to keep him politically viable. I expect when he croaks they will trot out his dead carcass like they did St. Ronnie's for years and years.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Gifted link about Kenneth Chesebro, former Democrat who went over to the dark side not that long ago.

https://wapo.st/3YE5C63
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:14 pm
p0rtia wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:11 am Who's holding the bets for whether or not Cheetolini holds his presser on Monday and releases his Georgia Manifesto?

I'm a solid When Hell Freezes Over vote.
I'm thinking he might start talking about how great his hotel is and how people should visit it because its marvelous. And then start whinine about how MEAN everyone is being to him.

But really he wants to be live on Primetime TV again and have loads of TV cameras there again and have people talking about him again. This is his chance to have people focused on the most important thing in the world again... him.
I agree. He will do something, probably just rehash all the debunked conspiracy theories that he's been pushing since 2016 to explain any potential loss. There is no way he will not show up to make sure all the cameras are focused on him.

And sadly, it's likely every freaking one of the media will be there allowing him to spew lies live with no fact checking.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

I've got an ignorant of how things work question.

If a bank robber had a very busy schedule with many court dates for his many robberies in different jurisdictions and also had the wedding of his only daughter, would the courts take that wedding into account when scheduling further court dates?

Just asking for a friend shyster.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Re: Malicious prosecution above, in Arkansas, you must be acquitted first. Then you can file a malicious prosecution suit.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
much ado

Post by much ado »

So, in Georgia, too...
General Consideration

The elements of malicious prosecution include: (1) prosecution for a criminal offense; (2) the prosecution instigated under a valid warrant, accusation, or summons; (3) termination of the prosecution in favor of the plaintiff; (4) malice; (5) want of probable cause; and (6) damage to the plaintiff. Medoc Corp. v. Keel, 166 Ga. App. 615, 305 S.E.2d 134 (1983); Young v. City of Atlanta, 631 F. Supp. 1498 (N.D. Ga. 1986); Commercial Plastics & Supply Corp. v. Molen, 182 Ga. App. 202, 355 S.E.2d 86 (1987).
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/20 ... n-51-7-40/

Try again...
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks for the link, Pip! :bighug:

So, here is what Chesebro (and now we know it's pronouned Chez-bro) wrote in his infamous memo, quoting Larry Tribe in an effort to gain credibility/cover his ass:
“The last-minute counting of the Hawaii electoral votes in favor of Kennedy in 1960 buttresses the conclusion of constitutional law scholar Laurence Tribe that, absent some indication by a State to the contrary, the only real deadline for a state to complete its recount of a presidential election is "'before Congress starts to count the votes on January 6.’”
And here's what Tribe wrote:
“You can read the Florida statutes...backwards and forwards without finding even the slightest clue that the state legislature ever decided that all recounts in a contested presidential election must stop by December 12 or, for that matter, at any time before the electors meet to give their votes on December 18, or even before Congress starts to count the votes on January 6.
Tribe makes a fuss over the fact that Chesebro took his narrow focus on "Florida statutes" and broadened it to mean "any State."

Also note that Tribe is talking about recounts in a "contested presidential election", whereas Chesebro writes just "presidential election."

Of course, now that all elections lost by the neo-fascist Republicans will now be contested, so that issue is blown out the pod bay door.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:04 am I keep telling myself, and anyone else who will listen, that I can't imagine that Trump will GAIN votes that he didn't get in 2020. Who would now, after all that has happened, be persuaded that Trump is the person that we need as President? I think he'll retain the votes of the MAGA cult but that's all.
I'm concerned that if too many Dems don't think we need to be worried, not enough Dems will get out and vote, and we'll end up in hot water.
bob

Post by bob »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:54 pm Thanks for the link, Pip! :bighug:

So, here is what Chesebro (and now we know it's pronouned Chez-bro) wrote in his infamous memo, quoting Larry Tribe in an effort to gain credibility/cover his ass:
“The last-minute counting of the Hawaii electoral votes in favor of Kennedy in 1960 buttresses the conclusion of constitutional law scholar Laurence Tribe that, absent some indication by a State to the contrary, the only real deadline for a state to complete its recount of a presidential election is "'before Congress starts to count the votes on January 6.’”
And here's what Tribe wrote:
“You can read the Florida statutes...backwards and forwards without finding even the slightest clue that the state legislature ever decided that all recounts in a contested presidential election must stop by December 12 or, for that matter, at any time before the electors meet to give their votes on December 18, or even before Congress starts to count the votes on January 6.
Tribe makes a fuss over the fact that Chesebro took his narrow focus on "Florida statutes" and broadened it to mean "any State."

Also note that Tribe is talking about recounts in a "contested presidential election", whereas Chesebro writes just "presidential election."

Of course, now that all elections lost by the neo-fascist Republicans will now be contested, so that issue is blown out the pod bay door.
Too also: Hawaii's 1960 electoral vote situation was extraordinary because the state's executive certified two slates. It wasn't a more classic dueling slates (one from the executive, one from the legislature) or the usual nonsense (one from the executive, others from cosplayers).

Realizing the pickle, Nixon and Congress unanimously agreed to accept Hawaii's later slate, even though it was tardy. This compromise was reached primarily because everyone knew it wasn't going to change the election, so it wasn't a battle worth having.

Nixon said Congress' vote was meant not be precedential, which is humorous because the vote: (1) never could have been precedential in a legal sense (it didn't create a binding rule); and (2) always was going to be precedential in a historical sense (because of course future electoral counts could and would look at the event for guidance).

I mention all this because the usual deadenders claim Hawaii's 1960 electoral votes "prove" the quadfectee's behavior in 2020 couldn't have been illegal. (The handwaving to arrive at that conclusion is an exercise for the reader.)
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Just think. This is just the short version outtake. The whole thing will be played in court. Chilling. Just chilling. I can only try to imagine what Ruby Freeman and her daughter went through. One day their names will be taught in schools as examples of everyday hero.

— Demetri Martin
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

In a high school math class once, my teacher said:
25% of Earthlings will steal every chance they get, and
50% of them will steal if they feel very certain that they won't be caught, and
only 25% of those silly Earthlings are actually honest people.

A math teacher, and student of the human condition. :|

I find her numbers to be somewhat inaccurate, not a great recommendation for a math teacher. :blackeye:

But her point was that a great number of Earthlings are only honest when someone is watching, if even then. :think:

Now you know how Trump got elected. :popcorn:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Immediately!
Jeff Clark @JeffClarkUS wrote: 🚨🚨🚨The House must immediately begin investigating this information that Newt Gingrich has learned, to test its veracity.

The House should subpoena the DOJ phone records and the Fulton Cty DA Office phone records and call for under-oath testimony. 🚨🚨🚨
Charlie Kirk @charliekirk11 wrote: 🚨BREAKING EXCLUSIVE🚨

Speaker Newt Gingrich joined me this morning and shared a remarkable story. If true, someone from DC called Fani Willis and demanded she indict Trump on Monday. Why? To cover up for the Weiss "screw up."

This would explain the late night press conference, the leaked indictment, Fani Willis admitting she was exhausted.

LISTEN HERE👇
https://bit.ly/3QHIUrC
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:39 am armchair lawyers on the right this morning
I mean, jokes about indicting a ham sandwich aside, isn't a grand jury indictment probable cause on its face? Or am I missing something?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:24 pmI mean, jokes about indicting a ham sandwich aside, isn't a grand jury indictment probable cause on its face? Or am I missing something?
The most common ways to attack a grand-jury indictment aren't based on the evidence presented it to, but rather: (1) the prosecutor withheld exculpatory evidence; or (2) it wasn't a fair/representative grand jury.

The second basically is code for "the grand jury was too white (and biased against the defendant due to race)." In other words, not applicable here.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:52 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:24 pmI mean, jokes about indicting a ham sandwich aside, isn't a grand jury indictment probable cause on its face? Or am I missing something?
The most common ways to attack a grand-jury indictment aren't based on the evidence presented it to, but rather: (1) the prosecutor withheld exculpatory evidence; or (2) it wasn't a fair/representative grand jury.

The second basically is code for "the grand jury was too white (and biased against the defendant due to race)." In other words, not applicable here.
They are already on the fair/representative jury thing but in their eyes, the jury is not fair unless it is too white.
101010 :towel:
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

Trump has chickened out of his Monday press conference, no surprise there!

trump.jpg
trump.jpg (165.57 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Or he never had any intention of doing it in the first place, he just said he was to get people taling about him.

Or he did, foind that no news studios were going to carry it live and werent sending reporters and cancelled to save looking humiliated again.
Hic sunt dracones
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Nobody wants to carry it live with no commentary because they don't want to owe even more $$ to the voting machine companies.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I am shocked. It's a genuinely intelligent decision to make not to hold a press conference to repeat the same nonsense you are already spewing at rallies anyway. Maybe these indictments really are getting under his skin.

— Demetri Martin
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Let's not forget that Trump is continuing his regular tactics. Hillary was right several years ago.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”