Republicans behaving badly

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gentlefolk:

Being polite to one's fellow human beings has nothing to do with who gets to run around in tight shorts in foot races with who.

It has to do with "The Golden Rule", which I am sure we are all familiar with, which we can all agree is one of the fundamental principles of human civilization. So fundamental in fact that it exists in one form or another in every culture, belief system, religion, and morality code in existence on the planet.

Just be polite and respect each other. You don’t HAVE to agree with the LGBTQ+ outlook, but the universal human organizing principle does entreat you to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neeneko wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:18 pm Stuff
So, this is an article posted in the Latest usse of the British Political magazine "Provate Eye" (quite a left wing Publication as a rule) on Page 13 on isue 1603, the latest issue, which I think is instructive on various issues. And I'm typing this out by hand as there is no online edition that I am aware of. And it shows the horror of well intentioned but ill thought reforms and the reacton when even people on their side deviate from the theology.
STONEWALLING

For Years, the LBGTQ charity Stonewall endorsed "no debate" - calling for big reforms to British Law and policy while asserting that any discussion of them was tantamount to Bigotry.

In Scotland, this policy fueled disastrous, under-scrutinized and (currently) blocked gender reforms which would have sent a male rapist to a female prison. In Westminister, the Tories are crowing loudly about exploiting Stonewall's overreach on the issue. Time for a reset then? Not quite.

On 20 July, Stonewall chair Iain Anderson submitted to the full Frost/Nixom from Sky News's Beth Ridgly. Over 39 Waffle filled Minutes, he agreed tht Women have a right to request intimate care from other women and refused to defend the fairness of biologically Male athletes competing in female sports. Anderson, a former PR man who recently defected from the Conservatives to Labour, called for a "respectful conversation" and issued a challange to his opponents in the LGB allience to "come together."

WHOOPS! First up, the LGB alliance pointed out that it has requested meetings since 2018, and has been ignored. Meanwhile, even the suggestion of dialogue prompted an activist revolt, with Stonewalls former head of media Jeffery Ingold tweeting that he was "disappointed" to hear that the head of LGBTQ charity using the language of "competing rights."

A swift climb-down followed. The next day Stonewall issued a statement saying that none of its positions had changed, and we should wait for evidence that Males are stronger and faster than females on average before barring trans women from female sports. Also, Stonewall had "never used our precious resources on dialogue with people who are vehemently against LGBTQ+ communities and that will remain true." In other words, take your olive branch and stick it where the sun don't shine.

What did Stonewall Chief Exec Nancy Kelly - who abruptly announced on July 10 that she was stepping down at the end of the month, with no word of a successor - make of Anderson's performance? She liked all of Ingold's Tweets, and when asked on twitter what she made of the interview, replied "Hi there. Yesterday was my last day, so I cant really speak for the Org." Eeek!
So there you go. Aside from all the "tolerance" and demand to adhere to Theology on view with demand to burn him at the Stake, note that they said they want to wait for evidence that the average man is stronger and faster than the average woman? Huh? Is that the Strongly Science you are referring to???

Good luck with that one, sparky. You are more likely to get moon landing deniers to admit evidence of the Moon landings, or Birthers to admit evidence that Obama was born in Hawaii. Ya, that's the level we are at.

Kinda funny that this popped up on the latest issue of Private Eye last week, but there you go.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:18 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:24 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:15 pm

I'm done with stupid shit like that just being let be. I'm too old to care anymore what someone thinks of me. Speaking up and calling people out has become my super power and I'm ok with that.
Srsly. It was a dick move and deserves to be called out.
I think you will find that outside twitter and social media that its the majority opinion, because to believe otherwise is to deny the evidence of science and it is a cry to "deny the evidence of your own eyes." to quote Orwell.
I mean, sure, if your argument is to dismiss identity as a concept. Which I suppose it is. Bravo, you.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:00 pm I mean, sure, if your argument is to dismiss identity as a concept. Which I suppose it is. Bravo, you.
Sorry dude, but reality does not morph according to your whims and thoughts. If you want to deny objective reality then enjoy yourself. But outside your head you still wont have wings, and throwing a tantrum because someone wont call you "your Majesty" or "a good Dog" wont make you any less crazy. No matter how much you change your inner identity.

And pretending that reality does change just to make them feel better just harms everyone. And it makes people think you are full of shit on everything you say.

Its a bit like the Enlightenment movement in the Early Modern Era. People saw the good stuff, then saw the complete nonsense they were also peddling, and rejected the whole package. If they dropped the nonsense the good ideas of the Enlightenment would have had an easier time getting accepted.

Similarly, all you are doing is driving people to the extreme opposition with this nonsense.

Funny that I keep bringing up stuff from history. Ah well.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:12 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:00 pm I mean, sure, if your argument is to dismiss identity as a concept. Which I suppose it is. Bravo, you.
Sorry dude, but reality does not morph according to your whims and thoughts. If you want to deny objective reality then enjoy yourself. But outside your head you still wont have wings, and throwing a tantrum because someone wont call you "your Majesty" or "a good Dog" wont make you any less crazy. No matter how much you change your inner identity.
So, here's the thing:

You are 100% right that no matter how much I wish to be the King of England, a Basenji hound, or an MC-130H Combat Talon II, no amount of wishing will make that so.

I'd love to ask you how the Pope is "Catholic" and how CNN Anchor Jake Tapper is "American" when neither of these things are physical constructs but social or legal ones, but I'm sure I really don't care about your answer at this point, and I can go back to the days when I had you on my blocked list in good conscience. I forget whose opinion of you changed my mind, but it was someone I am sure I respected, but at this point, whaddaya know, I cannot deny the evidence of my own eyes.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:hijacked:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:20 pm:hijacked:
Damn right!!!!

:yeahthat:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

And my apologies for being party to it. Fogbowsers behaving badly, I suppose. :blackeye:

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:18 pm And my apologies for being party to it. Fogbowsers behaving badly, I suppose. :blackeye:
I've got mixed feelings on this.

I see how it was a tangent, but it is still part of the same bad behavior that republicans have been exhibiting. Also.. well, LGBT peeps, today especially the T part, get a lot of 'we are just going to be polite to the broken step so change the topic' over the years, so it is nice when people actually stand up and counter the behavior/reasoning/rhetoric. It might not have been a republican behaving badly, but they were using the same words, same arguments, and same worldview that kinda makes it relevant in this thread, at least as long as it doesn't go on too long.

So less a hijack, and more a tangent within the same topic.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

And now the hijack has been hijacked.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

keith wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:17 am And now the hijack has been hijacked.
Heh. Yeah.. I'll be quite now ^_^
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Yep, and all over one word - Whatshisname.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

bill_g wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:20 am
Ah, I was wondering what this agitated bickering was about, but not curious enough to do more than skim the posts! That little worm can stay on the hook, I'm not taking the bait.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:12 pm
bill_g wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:20 am
Ah, I was wondering what this agitated bickering was about, but not curious enough to do more than skim the posts! That little worm can stay on the hook, I'm not taking the bait.
Well, it was because the person committing the offense didn't say "whatshername" when they knew very well the Dylan referenced in the Bud Light promo was transfemale. Definitely female. So you got to see the blowback of that person again trying to defend their positions on sexuality and gender identity.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:05 pm
Off Topic
Typical Suranis MO:

1. Make bigoted statement.
2. Get called out for bigoted statement.
3. Make multiple posts trying to justify bigotry, usually dragging religion into it, espousing more bigotry and whining about being attacked for being a bigot or being catholic, or both.
4. Lather rinse repeat.

This is why I've had him on ignore for many years, but I still see the worst of his bigotry because of the quote function.

I offer no solution because there isn't one, short of banning him, or moderating all his posts, and that ain't happening. So I guess he'll just go on making hateful, bigoted comments, and then crying about being called out on them. I wonder sometimes if he doesn't do it deliberately, just for the attention. If so, that just makes it sadder.
As the victim of a Suranis attack some time ago, I have just stopped responding to and ignoring all of his posts. I haven't blocked him, if I recall correctly, but I don't respond to him in any way. If anyone wants to know (narrator, you don't) I said that women should refuse to have sex with anti-choice men. His response was to accuse me of "hating the dong." It was so weird, but typical of an incel.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

PAC Fundraiser And PAC Treasurer Charged With Multi-Year Schemes To Defraud Donors

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/pa ... aud-donors

FBI investigating northwest Las Vegas home

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/loc ... e-2889184/

The :cussing: scammer lives bout 3 miles from my house.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:08 pm
As the victim of a Suranis attack some time ago, I have just stopped responding to and ignoring all of his posts. I haven't blocked him, if I recall correctly, but I don't respond to him in any way. If anyone wants to know (narrator, you don't) I said that women should refuse to have sex with anti-choice men. His response was to accuse me of "hating the dong." It was so weird, but typical of an incel.
:confuzzled: In the words of a great philosopher, what?

People here have a habit of "quoting me" with stuff I never said, but that one takes the cake. Oh and I hate to shock you, but most of the guys you call "Incels" get more ass than I have seen in 10 years. Nice guys finish last.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:39 pm
SuzieC wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:08 pm
:confuzzled: In the words of a great philosopher, what?

People here have a habit of "quoting me" with stuff I never said, but that one takes the cake. Oh and I hate to shock you, but most of the guys you call "Incels" get more ass than I have seen in 10 years. Nice guys finish last.
Not to dredge up past memories, but in the interest of accuracy, the quote is correct.
viewtopic.php?p=20922&hilit=dong#p20912
Suranis wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:06 pm Because its exactly the same as you are streaming at Santorum for doing with his "Man on Dog" line - taking a completely stupid example and slapping it ontop of another issue that involves something you hate. In his case the gay, in your case the dong.

"But I dont see how that's the same as,, "

That's not my problem.

PLUS, the fact is that Abortion is massively contributing to the world depopulation due to Girls getting aborted at a greater rate than boys, for various reasons and noe of them to do with "reproductive choice". That's far more a factor than a theoretical problem of women choosing to be celibate rather than be forced by that EVIL MAN to catch that horrible cancerous Toumor from their injecting penis thingies and be forced to have it burst out of you like the Alien OH THE HUMANITY!!

Fuck off with that nonsense. The whole language you are using is wierd and Misandrist, and if you cant see that then you have been indoctrinated to be blind to it.
Also, by definition, incels aren't getting any "ass." If they are, they wouldn't be defined as involuntarily celibate.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:05 pm
Off Topic
Typical Suranis MO:

1. Make bigoted statement.
2. Get called out for bigoted statement.
3. Make multiple posts trying to justify bigotry, usually dragging religion into it, espousing more bigotry and whining about being attacked for being a bigot or being catholic, or both.
4. Lather rinse repeat.

This is why I've had him on ignore for many years, but I still see the worst of his bigotry because of the quote function.

I offer no solution because there isn't one, short of banning him, or moderating all his posts, and that ain't happening. So I guess he'll just go on making hateful, bigoted comments, and then crying about being called out on them. I wonder sometimes if he doesn't do it deliberately, just for the attention. If so, that just makes it sadder.
Off Topic
Estevio, I'm n0ot going to bore everyone by responding overlong to that bunch of horseshit. I'll just say this: No, that's not my MO. Pointing out how you are hateful is not being bigoted, and if I'm not getting kicked off the forum for being hateful, maybe I'm not being hateful. I'm being a Cassandra.

And again, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy and contradictions in YOUR attitudes. If you cant deal with that, that's not my problem.

And yes yes yes you can enjoy saying I love pedos and get your thrill by screaming anti-catholic nonsense at me, but here's the flaw with all that - Even if I am doing that, that does NOT mean that you are not being a dogmatic bigoted attack dog who cannot deal with the fact that real life does not agree with you. That's one reason you lie and make up what I say and lie about "my MO," I guess.

Anyway, here's the double rapist and serial violent assaulter referenced in the Private Eye article above who said he was a woman before trial so he could be locked up with the people he liked assaulting, namely women. Glad to see his rights override women who don't want to be locked up with a double rapist who likes beating up women. Go figure. Shirley they must all be hateful and bigoted.

"But she wasn't out in with General pop!" Uh huh. You think people cant sit there and be patient and wait till someone slips up. And they get their chance to enjoy that bit of assault and rape that they wouldn't get a chance to enjoy in a Male Prison. What a fabulous world you live in, and what lovely rules you make up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-64590421

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/isla ... 56027.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/isla-bryso ... sentenced/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ens-prison
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:49 pm
Suranis wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:06 pm Because its exactly the same as you are streaming at Santorum for doing with his "Man on Dog" line - taking a completely stupid example and slapping it ontop of another issue that involves something you hate. In his case the gay, in your case the dong.
Fuck off with that nonsense. The whole language you are using is wierd and Misandrist, and if you cant see that then you have been indoctrinated to be blind to it.
[/offtopic]
Firstly, That must have been referencing something up that thread, because that must be the first time I have ever said "the Dong" in my entire life. :lol:

Aside from referencing old Vietnamese Currency and Currency Scammers of course, namely the Vietnamese Dong. :daydreaming:

But then I get sarcastic when I am being unfairly attacked. Cest la vie

Interesting that she didn't get shocked at me saying she used Misandrist language. Misandry being the hatred of Men.
Also, by definition, incels aren't getting any "ass." If they are, they wouldn't be defined as involuntarily celibate.
AND if you read what I said, it was "The people you assume are Incels." Not actual Incels. Note the distinction?

The assholes whom people CALL Incels are probably not involuntarily celibate at all, because Women seem to throw themselves at bad boys. And they are generally married with kids in any case. Even Ted Cruz. People just want to assume those guys aren't having sex because women are repelled by them, when in fact the opposite is likely true. Nice guys aren't Hot, kids.

The amount of times I have heard "Where are all the good guys?" while I am sitting right there could fill a book. :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

"Firstly, That must have been referencing something up that thread, because that must be the first time I have ever said "the Dong" in my entire life. :lol:

Interesting that she didn't get shocked at me saying she used Misandrist language. Misandry being the hatred of Men."

Breaking my no-response rule. Who cares when you first used "the Dong." You used it to me. It was offensive and gross.

I was offended, but not shocked, by you saying that I used misandrist language. Nothing you say shocks me. I don't hate men, but I hate men like you.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:17 pm I don't hate men, but I hate men like you.
Off Topic
Look, lady, What kind of a man am I?

Because yesterday I was met by the woman who cleans my flat, who brought me to her home because she just wanted to have a chat with me, somply because I haven't been around for the last month in the town where I live and currently cant be around. We had a talk about stuff like the child she was taking care of does not have a home in Odessa anymore by Russian missiles, and how he keeps shaking his hair in a nervous tic, and how his Mother had to go and take care of some health problems (She got into the car behind me and said hi). And she needed someone to talk to. Not another Ukranian or Polish person but an Irish Incel.

She also said that coming to my flat to clean it was her time to relax and be herself because I did things like putting on classical music while she was there because I know she likes classical music.

And who one of her friends (from Moldova) said I was the one Irish person that didn't treat speak to her like a bunch of crap when She took over from my Cleaner when my cleaner went on holiday?

Or the woman who is in a bad abusive marriage who talks to me on facebook and asks my advice all the time?

Or the woman who is in an institution who talks to me because I'm the only one of her online friends who she can tell all the horrid private stuff that is happening to her?

Or the woman who calls me to talk about the fact that she has a special needs son and a Mother who is going into Dementia and how she cant cope with it all?

Ya, the world needs less people like me because I typed "dong" in response to you to you once, when you said something that statistics showed was just wrong. Fuck sake.

And here's the thing, If you ever need advice with something I WILL give you advice and the little help I can, even though you hate me. That's the type of guy I am. And I do hope your man is doing better. (If you are the lady who said her guy is in hospital, I've probably gotten you all mixed up at this point. Either way I hope you and your guy are healthy regardless.)

I'm done with this stupid threadjack.
Hic sunt dracones
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Off Topic
Oh my fucking god.
Image Image Image Image
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

:hijacked:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

MTG chimes in ...

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”