Republicans behaving badly

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:38 pm We keep the plain unfrosted strawberry pop tarts on hand. My husband likes them. I’ll have one occasionally.

Recently my 15-year-old grandson was here for dinner. Beef stew. He gets up from the table, gets a pop tart from the pantry, returns to the table and proceeds to dip a raw strawberry pop tart into his beef stew.

:sick:
Maybe he's the next regeneration of The Doctor. I mean, it beats the 'fish fingers and custard' combination.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:49 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:38 pm We keep the plain unfrosted strawberry pop tarts on hand. My husband likes them. I’ll have one occasionally.

Recently my 15-year-old grandson was here for dinner. Beef stew. He gets up from the table, gets a pop tart from the pantry, returns to the table and proceeds to dip a raw strawberry pop tart into his beef stew.

Maybe he's the next regeneration of The Doctor. I mean, it beats the 'fish fingers and custard' combination.
So you're saying, "PopTarts are cool."
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

chocolate fudge pop tarts are the bomb
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Resume18 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:28 pm I'm diabetic . . . but I'm getting some.
Have any of you folk rushing out to buy poptarts considered that this may be a publicity stunt by the puryeyors of poptarts themselves?

I mean lookit how many nonbuyers of poptarts they have 'converted' fron this forum thread alone.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:08 pm
bill_g wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:41 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:18 pm Can you say Streisand effect? Now I have to go find myself some rainbow poptarts, and I don’t even like pop tarts.
I'll have to keep an eye out for them as well. Not a fan of absurdly dry and flavorless toaster things, but I'll buy a box just to bump the sales numbers.
Me, I've loved the brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts since I was a wee bairn. Of course I also love me a dry, dessicated, shortbread, the more sere and anhydrous, the better.

Must be my Scots ancestry.
The now-discontinued pretzel crust cinnamon was da bomb. Now it's just 2 frosted brown sugar cinnamon every morning.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

keith wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:12 pm
Resume18 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:28 pm I'm diabetic . . . but I'm getting some.
Have any of you folk rushing out to buy poptarts considered that this may be a publicity stunt by the puryeyors of poptarts themselves?

I mean lookit how many nonbuyers of poptarts they have 'converted' fron this forum thread alone.
Miller's group is suing Kellogg's for a number of things they don't like.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... -rcna99210
A legal group run by former Trump aide Stephen Miller on Wednesday asked the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to investigate Kellogg Co. over its policies and programs, which the group said are "infused with woke ideology."

In a letter to the EEOC, America First Legal Foundation’s senior counselor, Reed D. Rubinstein, wrote that Kellogg's, a publicly traded company, "engages in unlawful employment practices by seeking to 'balance' its workforce based on race, color, national origin, and sex."

blahblahblah

Specifically, America First Legal — which Miller founded with former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows to challenge "the radical activist left" — said it takes issue with the company's promise "that by the end of 2025, it will achieve an 'aspirational gender parity goal [sic] of 50/50 at the management level' in its global operations," adding that it offers a leadership development program "only for women."

Rubinstein also voiced opposition to Kellogg's efforts to diversify its leadership, which he said involve "advancing people based on skin color at the expense of others because of their skin color." Rubinstein claimed that Kellogg's "Chef in Residence" program is unlawful because "only Black or African American chefs are allowed, even if individuals with other immutable characteristics are otherwise qualified."

blahblahblah

In a separate letter to Kellogg’s CEO Steven Cahillane, America First Legal said management "has hijacked the brand to advance an extreme political and social agenda" and "discarded the Company’s long-held family-friendly marketing approach to politicize and sexualize its products.”

America First Legal pointed to cereal boxes featuring rainbow heart-shaped cereal, a cereal mascot holding an LGBTQ flag and boxes of Cheez-Its featuring drag queen RuPaul. It also criticized Kellogg’s for having its Tony the Tiger mascot "linking elbows with the controversial transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney at the 76th Annual Tony Awards in New York City."
So if it isn't Pop Tarts, it'll be Cheez-Its or Frosted Flakes or any of the Kellogg's crap products I purchase just as a symbolic go fuck yourself to Miller and his racist, fascist org.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

F3SRkUMW0AEMAY0.jpeg
F3SRkUMW0AEMAY0.jpeg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 846 times
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:54 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:49 pm

So you're saying, "PopTarts are cool."
When your toaster breaks, yep.

Or if you live in the mountains, your power is out, and you have no beef stew to dip them in to warm them up.
101010 :towel:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:12 pm

I grew up 30 minutes away from Battle Creek, Michigan. I have no problem with the poptop pushers being creative on sales.

Sadly for them, their evil conspiracy to use Miller to get me to buy Poptarts won't work. If I buy them, I will eat them quickly, and I don't need that.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

GOP donor Anton Lazzaro sentenced to 21 years for sex trafficking minors in Minnesota
A formerly well-connected GOP donor convicted of giving teenage girls gifts, alcohol and money in exchange for sex has been sentenced to 21 years in prison on sex trafficking charges in Minnesota

ByTRISHA AHMED Associated Press/Report for America
August 9, 2023, 6:46 PM

MINNEAPOLIS -- A formerly well-connected GOP donor convicted of giving teenage girls gifts, alcohol and money in exchange for sex was sentenced Wednesday to 21 years in prison on sex trafficking charges.

Anton “Tony” Lazzaro was found guilty in March by a federal jury of seven counts involving “commercial sex acts” with five girls ages 15 and 16 in 2020, when Lazzaro was 30. The charges carried mandatory minimum sentences of 10 years with a maximum of life in prison.

Prosecutors had requested a 30-year sentence for Lazzaro. They likened Lazzaro to financier Jeffrey Epstein, who was arrested in 2019 on federal charges accusing him of paying underage girls for massages and then abusing them at his homes in Florida and New York. The defense asked for no more than 10 years.

“He’s a sex trafficker," prosecutor Laura Provinzino said. "One who has shown absolutely no remorse. He has accepted no responsibility for his crimes.”

U.S. District Judge Patrick Schiltz came down in the middle and had harsh words for Lazzaro.

He said Lazzaro showed sympathy to only two people during the trial — “to himself and Jeffrey Epstein.” And the judge said he was struck by the “soulless, almost mechanical nature” of how Lazzaro exploited the girls.

“It’s almost as if Mr. Lazzaro set up a sex trafficking assembly line,” Schiltz said.

One of the victims called Lazzaro a child predator in court Wednesday and said she continues to be impacted by his actions.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gop ... -102137644
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

DOJ press release:
As proven at trial, Anton Joseph Lazzaro, a/k/a “Tony” Lazzaro, 32, conspired with Gisela Castro Medina, 21, to recruit young girls – 15-year-olds and 16-year-olds – to have sex with him in exchange for cash and other items of value. Lazzaro met Castro Medina in May of 2020 through the Seeking Arrangements website, which is known as a “sugar daddy” website. Lazzaro directed Castro Medina to identify girls she knew and others on social media who would have sex with him for money. Lazzaro specified that he was looking for young girls of a certain skin color, petite body type, and those who were considered vulnerable, referring to them as “broken girls.” Castro Medina would show Lazzaro photographs of minor girls and if Lazzaro “approved” Castro Medina would provide the minor’s contact information to Lazzaro. Castro Medina told the minors that Lazzaro was an older guy with a lot of money, and that he wanted to be a sugar daddy to younger girls. For her role in recruiting multiple minor girls, Lazzaro paid Castro Medina more than $50,000.

As proven at trial, Lazzaro often sent cars, typically Ubers, to transport the minor girls to his luxury condo in the Hotel Ivy in downtown Minneapolis. At one point, Lazzaro sent a driver to pick up a group of 14-and 15-year-old girls from a slumber party in St. Michael, Minnesota. When minor girls came to his condo, Lazzaro would give them alcohol, flash stacks of cash, and offer the girls precise sums of money to perform various sex acts. Lazzaro would send the minor girls home with cash, vapes, alcohol, Plan B, cell phones, and other items of value. Lazzaro carried out this trafficking scheme from May 2020 through December 2020.

Following the execution of federal search warrants at Lazzaro’s condo on December 15, 2020, Lazzaro and Castro Medina discussed which of the minor victims spoke to law enforcement. As part of her guilty plea, Castro Medina admitted that in March 2021, she and Lazzaro agreed to pay off a 15-year-old victim to prevent her from talking to law enforcement about engaging in commercial sex with Lazzaro.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:25 pm Ok, I just read the pink lemonade pastry part. Sounds vile.
Amen to that, and not because I dislike lemonade, pink or otherwise. I'm skeptical of Kellogg's interpretation of lemonade, pink or otherwise.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:08 pm
Me, I've loved the brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts since I was a wee bairn. Of course I also love me a dry, dessicated, shortbread, the more sere and anhydrous, the better.

Must be my Scots ancestry.
We should all be forgiven our childhood delights. Mine were Little Debbie Creme Pies. They were like crack to me. No one I knew could make a pie crust. So, I didn't develope a taste for it until well into adulthood. Now I like/love/adore/cherish a good shortbread. Our DIL can do wonders with flour, butter, and sugar at Christmas time. It's her super power. Pop Tarts are perfectly safe from ever being classified as shortbread, good or otherwise.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

At least he knew what he wanted - beef wellington!
keith

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:06 am

At least he knew what he wanted - beef wellington!
Careful with that. Beef Wellington can be made with Death Cap mushrooms. Just ask the folks in small villages in South Gippsland Victoria.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

keith wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:11 am
Careful with that. Beef Wellington can be made with Death Cap mushrooms. Just ask the folks in small villages in South Gippsland Victoria.
Well, that will take the fun out of fungi!
keith

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:20 am
keith wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:11 am
Well, that will take the fun out of fungi!
Well, I hope it will at least make you think twice (or three or four or five) times about wild mushroom foraging.

Though, the South Gippsland case (3 deaths and 1 still critical - from a Beef Wellington meal) is still under investigation - possible planned homicide by the cook who was a former in law of the victims.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:53 am
Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:25 pm Ok, I just read the pink lemonade pastry part. Sounds vile.
Amen to that, and not because I dislike lemonade, pink or otherwise. I'm skeptical of Kellogg's interpretation of lemonade, pink or otherwise.
All Kellogg's products resemble artificial flavor coated tongue-curlingly textured cardboard. That could be my opinion. Or it could be fact.

Liberation is not found in a Corn Flake nor social justice in a PopTart.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:47 am All Kellogg's products resemble artificial flavor coated tongue-curlingly textured cardboard. That could be my opinion. Or it could be fact.
However, I can still remember the glorious smell that came with the tour of the corn flakes factory in the 1970s.

Also, with the Post and Kellogg factories in close proximity, the Post neighborhood of Battle Creek was a lovely smelling spot. It was so much better than the paper plant smell that enveloped Muskegon.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Our local Safeway does not carry the new GLAAD Pop Tarts, and don't know if they will. I submitted a product req at the customer service desk.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:04 am Our local Safeway does not carry the new GLAAD Pop Tarts, and don't know if they will. I submitted a product req at the customer service desk.
It appears to be a limited edition and not production for regular distribution.
To kick off Pride month on June 1, Pop-Tarts will drop 450 boxes of NEON Pink Block Party Lemonade Pop-Tarts on the Pop-Tarts Instagram shop, available for purchase for $5 via mobile. Each weekend during Pride month, an additional 450 boxes will be released for purchase, and Pop-Tarts will support and highlight four local LGBTQ+ and BIPOC groups that embody the theme throughout the year, including The Bronx Is Reading, Nobody’s Darling, Destination Tomorrow and The Salt Eaters Book Shop. The best part -- in connection with these limited-edition boxes, each LGBTQ+ and BIPOC business will receive a $10k grant and $2,250 in connection with this sale. NEONxGLAAD will also receive a $100k grant to continue accelerating acceptance for the LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:52 am t appears to be a limited edition and not production for regular distribution.
To kick off Pride month on June 1, Pop-Tarts will drop 450 boxes of NEON Pink Block Party Lemonade Pop-Tarts on the Pop-Tarts Instagram shop, available for purchase for $5 via mobile. Each weekend during Pride month, an additional 450 boxes will be released for purchase, and Pop-Tarts will support and highlight four local LGBTQ+ and BIPOC groups that embody the theme throughout the year, including The Bronx Is Reading, Nobody’s Darling, Destination Tomorrow and The Salt Eaters Book Shop. The best part -- in connection with these limited-edition boxes, each LGBTQ+ and BIPOC business will receive a $10k grant and $2,250 in connection with this sale. NEONxGLAAD will also receive a $100k grant to continue accelerating acceptance for the LGBTQ+ and BIPOC communities.
So, the Repuglian kerfuffle over this is well over a day late and dollar short.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:56 am So, the Repuglian kerfuffle over this is well over a day late and dollar short.
Well Bud Light only made one Can with that Rainbow logo, and it was just for that advert with Dylan Whatshisname. You don't need any more for a viral outrage marketing campaign.

People are stupid.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:25 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:56 am So, the Repuglian kerfuffle over this is well over a day late and dollar short.
Well Bud Light only made one Can with that Rainbow logo, and it was just for that advert with Dylan Whatshisname. You don't need any more for a viral outrage marketing campaign.

People are stupid.
So, gay people turning my hunting dog into a poodle and making me drive a Prius isn't true?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

They are called dog "groomers" for a reason. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”