trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by Dr. Ken »

Birds of a feather
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Somebunny woke up on the wrong side of the golden toilet this morning…
IMG_5520.png
IMG_5520.png (283.83 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Back on January 12, 2021, in the old Fogbow, I put up a post about an article-in-progress by an Indiana University law professor about Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment. Section Three provides:
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
The post is here: https://formerly.thefogbow.com/forum/vi ... 7#p1258227

In a post about the paper at PrawfsBlawg, the professor, Gerard N. Magliocca, posed some questions:
Let's ask some questions about this language given current events:

1. Is the Presidency an "office . . . under the United States?" and is the President "an officer of the United States?" The answer, I think, is yes to both, though it's a contestable point. (My draft paper discusses this issue briefly, but now I'll have to go back and revise.)

2. If the President incited an insurrection, is that the same as having "engaged in insurrection" against the United States? This is a harder question that would require more thought about what insurrection meant in 1868, among other things. (Such as did he, in fact, incite an insurrection and was what occurred at the Capitol an insurrection?)

3. Is Section Three self-executing? Arguably not. Chief Justice Chase held on circuit in 1869 that Section Three is not self-executing. My draft paper criticizes his opinion, though, and I thought (before this week) that Section Three is self-executing.

If you answer any one of these three questions "No," then Section Three does not apply to the President action's on Wednesday. But if you answer all three of these questions "Yes," then you can reach this shocking conclusion: Donald Trump ceased to be President on January 6th. He is constitutionally ineligible to serve.
Professor Magliocca's paper didn't appear to attract much attention.

However, the issue is back:

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1689719505847541761
Mark Joseph Stern
@mjs_DC
Conservative, originalist law professors Will Baude and Michael Stokes Paulsen have a new paper out arguing that Section 3 of the 14th Amendment disqualifies Donald Trump from holding public office and that "the case is not even close." https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=4532751
And the New York Times has picked it up:
Conservative Case Emerges to Disqualify Trump for Role on Jan. 6
Two law professors active in the Federalist Society wrote that the original meaning of the 14th Amendment makes Donald Trump ineligible to hold government office.
Gift link: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/10/us/t ... =url-share

I've skimmed the NYT article, but haven't read Baude and Paulsen's law review piece.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Never watched reality TV (unless a couple episodes of Mantracker count) so this comment helped. I don’t “get” reality TV.
John BudayAugust 10, 2023 at 1:07 PM
The reality TV reference is no small part of the Trump debacle-lypse. Reality TV was born of the last writers strike and was the industries way to make money without paying the story tellers. So they created a formless entertainment that was all conflict all the time. And into that construct walked Trump to a ready made audience of anger junkies.
Somehow we have to get back to a story of us. This time one written for adults who can deal with horrible truths and not need a fantasy past to see a better future.
Goddamn Trump, fucking goddamn Trump, is poised to destroy our democracy largely because neither he or his following can really understand what democracy is.
We are under assault by angry, violent stupidity.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion but I bet first grade student Steven Hawking had an IQ double of adult trump.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Ivana Trump's grave site -- overgrown at tfg's Bedminster's 1st tee on the golf course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ourse.html

I never expected tfg to respectfully upkeep it, so it is very sad she didn't have any adult children who could take up that task.

OH, wait.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

They planted her out of bounds. Grave maintenance costs a penalty stroke. Duh.
Image Image Image Image
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Foreclosed timeshares in Vegas Trump hotel slated for auction

https://thenevadaindependent.com/field- ... 1AYeyjoXPW
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... cbde&ei=25
Former President Donald Trump’s legal defense fund went live on Sunday and, of course, it contained a glaring typo in the first heading.

“Support Donald Trumps Patriot Legal Defense Fund,” the site proudly declared, apostrophe omission and all (or maybe the fund aims to raise cash for all the Donald Trumps out there).

But perhaps more egregious than the grammatical goof are the legal boundaries that team Trump seems to be pushing with the fund’s overt ties to his 2024 presidential campaign.

The fund technically may not coordinate with the campaign on fundraising, since its existence as a legal defense fund allows it to skirt the Federal Election Commission’s campaign-finance rules. But clicking the “Donate Now” hyperlink sends users directly to Trump’s 2024 campaign website, where viewers are hit up front with donation requests. The only other link on the fund’s page also takes you to the campaign site.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Laws are only for the stupid little people…
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Puts me in mind of trump's reaction to Braille on the trump Tower elevators, demanding they be removed despite any legal requirements.

Also known as "What Dave said."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:39 pm Thought this the best place to post. No idea about the veracity.

“Exclusive: A veteran FBI agent told Congress that investigations into Giuliani and other Trump allies were suppressed”
https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-whi ... den-2023-8
Still catching up from the FB Slowdown ...

Stories like this give me whiplash. Trump claimed the FBI was a Lib organization out to get him and his. This whistleblower claims otherwise - that it is out to protect Trump and allies, or at least Guiliani.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:39 pm Thought this the best place to post. No idea about the veracity.

“Exclusive: A veteran FBI agent told Congress that investigations into Giuliani and other Trump allies were suppressed”
https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-whi ... den-2023-8
:snippity:
A late comment: imho a lose colt going on to an unapproved adventure of its own. The article mentions he had that stern talk with his bosses in August 2022. That was exactly the time that the FBI was raiding MaL and investigating the former guy for real serious causes. They could not have a stray agent produce a hickup out of their agency at the same time.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

19 INDICATED?! Oh my.
IMG_5538.png
IMG_5538.png (293.91 KiB) Viewed 725 times
IMG_5537.jpeg
IMG_5537.jpeg (248.1 KiB) Viewed 725 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:43 am 19 INDICATED?! Oh my.

IMG_5538.png
IMG_5537.jpeg
Report presented on Monday? So the former guy will be moving into the WH by end of the week? :crying:

:doh:
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Will it never end?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

No, it will never end. :lol:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

This one is going to be a CONCLUSIVE report, meaning it will end (conclude) all these silly criminal charges. Gone.

And it's gotta be released on Monday, because next Friday is the deadline for surrendering on those charges.

I have concerns, like, will it be written in crayon or sharpies? Will there be a link to watch 2000 Mules for free? Will the report have any of those cool little pop-up things? I love those!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:13 am
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:43 am 19 INDICATED?! Oh my.

IMG_5538.png
IMG_5537.jpeg
Report presented on Monday? So the former guy will be moving into the WH by end of the week? :crying:

:doh:
Gonna laugh if someone paid dennis Montgomery for a report
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:06 pm Somebunny woke up on the wrong side of the golden toilet this morning…
IMG_5520.png
Except for the "open borders" bullshit, I'd say he's projecting just a bit...
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

So let me understand this... he intends to try his case and the indictments of co-conspirators from his Bedminster estate on Monday and EVERYONE ONE OF THE WITCHES CRIMINAL defendants will be exonerated in the court-of-public opinion live on RSBN? amirite?

Yeah, that's not this works, Mr. Trump.

But thank you, sir. You have gifted me another birthday present which I await to unwrap Monday.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

What if he uses the moment to try to read aloud the classified documents he has stashed at Bedminster?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Ooh, good one, Dr. Ken. :eek:

What if it's just a showing of 2000 Mules?

If'n I had more good karma to spare, the new report is written by Mike Zullo. :whistle:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:58 pm Ooh, good one, Dr. Ken. :eek:

What if it's just a showing of 2000 Mules?
I loved 2,000 Mules because I didn't pay for it (some kind soul here :thumbsup: directed me where to watch it without paying that felon man and his sleeper-cell family from India :twisted: ) He believes himself a documentary filmmaker. So many people flocked to movie theater for special screenings -- AND FRIGGING PAID. :rotflmao:

But yeah, if tfg's conclusive report includes reference to that, it's DOA. Well, it's DOA anyway but let us see what he presents on RSBN.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”