Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Poor baby, I've been there and done the shoulder thing. I was at a Kentucky Derby party when I reached up to hug a very tall girl and dropped the plate I had in my right hand to grab hold of my left wrist. I heard a crack like breaking a chicken bone. Long story short I had ended up in surgery which included cutting off part of my collar bone and relocating my bicep tendons followed by months of PT. You have my deepest sympathies Foggy :bighug:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:40 am Yeah.

My shoulder fell out AGAIN. This morning, 9 a.m. :blackeye:
This is getting f'ing ridiculous, Foggy! They need to get you in and get it taken care of promptly.
You get to feeling better ASAP!!!

I gotta say, though, I know I'll have to have mine replaced someday, but this sure isn't making me feel any better about it :(
sugar magnolia

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sugar magnolia »

Does this mean you won't be able to get up to see your dad?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, it means I can't go see my dad. :( Ol' Wifehorn can't drive 5 hours, the last two in heavy freeway traffic on the 95 and the Capital Beltway. And I can't be too far from my doctors.

Well, my doctor is on vacation, but he called after I talked to the answering service. He actually called me and we went over options.

Current plan is:

1) Take drugs. This is a thing I am good at doing. I will take drugs.

2) Go to his office on Monday morning and his staff will find a doctor who can do another reduction.

3) Schedule the revision surgery for the earliest possible date.

4) Meanwhile, I shall spend my time feeling enormously sorry for myself, boo hoo, boo hoo, nobody suffers more than ... well, actually, I had a better day than Donald Trump. :biggrin: I had a better day than Roodles. These drugs are okay, and I'm not gonna die from this thing.

So, umm ... yeah. Lemme see if I can catch up with the forum, anything happening in the world today?

Oh, good. Hold mah beer. :oldman:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
sugar magnolia

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sugar magnolia »

Is this a common complication in shoulder surgery, and is it specific to the reverse surgery? It sounds terribly painful but the drugs are obviously working if you aren't stomping around cussing at what a shitty job the surgeon did. That's what I'd be doing.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, well I always knew my left shoulder was worse than the right. I don't think the doctor did anything wrong, but as I understand what they said Wednesday, they're going to take it out piece by piece, and adjust or replace the pieces with larger or smaller sizes. If that's true (I gotta ask again to make sure) they're probably going to send me for another CT scan, so they have the measurements to the tenth of a millimeter.

And he is a really good doctor. He trains the Duke Hospital orthopedic doctors at the main hospital in Durham and other doctors have told me he's the best. He was on vacation today, already out of town, and he called me 5 minutes after I got off the phone with the answering service and he discussed options for about 5 minutes.

So here's how I think about it. If I did something really, really complicated and messy (he cuts off the end of mah arm bones with a power saw, blood and bone and gristle flying everywhere) and I did the same thing hundreds and thousands of times - I think he's done 4,000 of these - then I might, if it was me, occasionally, hopefully even very rarely, I might could mess something up and have to fix it.

Doesn't mean he's a bad doctor. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy. Believe me, I have his full attention, whether he thinks he messed up or not.

But if he did mess up this one, he did a fantastic job on the other one, and I want him to fix it, and I trust him to fix it.

So, umm ... yeah. It's painful. Nowhere near as painful as before the surgery, but it stings.

I'd still like to have him do the job. Shit happens. :oldman:
Edit: The last thing I want is a lawsuit. I'd like to have a good arm rather than a good case for medical malpractice. :thumbsup:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

Good thing you dont wanta law suit, 'cause i don't know where you would find a lawyer to handle it.

Trump's got 'em all tied up except KKKlayman and I expect you've burnt your bridges with him.

Yeah, OK you might convince Orly to come out of retirement, but you might have trouble getting her to feenish her sentences.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

:hide:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

Light :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Lani »

The last thing I want is a lawsuit. I'd like to have a good arm rather than a good case for medical malpractice. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I wanted to sue the doctors who messed up my bones, but I managed to work anyway. So I couldn't sue b/c I still worked despite the pain.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

So today I got into the doctor's office, but the lady used a little bit too much strength trying to get the shoulder device back in place, and she pulled my arm right out of the socket and it fell on the floor, plop. And while everybody else was running around in circles and screaming like a girl, I picked up my poor arm and was trying to plug it back in, but that didn't work.

And now I gotta spend a few days in the grow tank, in order to regenerate a new arm.

It's hard to type like this.

Where's Mr. Wizard when he isn't at home? :shrug:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:15 pm So today I got into the doctor's office, but the lady used a little bit too much strength trying to get the shoulder device back in place, and she pulled my arm right out of the socket and it fell on the floor, plop. And while everybody else was running around in circles and screaming like a girl, I picked up my poor arm and was trying to plug it back in, but that didn't work.

And now I gotta spend a few days in the grow tank, in order to regenerate a new arm.

It's hard to type like this.

Where's Mr. Wizard when he isn't at home? :shrug:
► Show Spoiler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

The official story is more boring. :bored:

Went to the doctor, they took new x-rays, surprise, surprise, I was right, it's been dislocated since Saturday morning. Ouchy.

I explained, and they agreed, that I need a manual reduction to put it back right, just like they did on Wednesday. It means a squeeze.

No, I mean it requires a SQUEEZE. The guy who did it Wednesday is a big, young, strong guy. But the only doctors they had at the office today were ladies.

One lady doctor tried. I want to tell you seriously ouchy on that, without success.

They're gonna call the big guy, find out where he's going to be at the end of the day, and I will go there for a big SQUEEZE.

Squeeze me like a lemon, bro ... I mean Doc. :?

Meanwhile, she's gonna give me more pain meds. This is why I didn't take any pain meds from Wed-Sat, when it only hurt a little. I suspected I wasn't out of the woods yet, and now I don't even know how big the woods are, much less how to get out of them. I am totally lost in the woods.

And it's funny ... the warnings on the little bottle of pain pills says,

Do not take if'n you are a little lamb, lost in the woods.
Do not take before being squeezed like a lemon.

Probably some other stuff, I dunno. :shrug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I have an appointment for the SQUEEZE tomorrow at 8 a.m. :biggrin:
Volkonski
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

OMG, the nightmare continues ... I am AFK. Until I'm not. Ouchy.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

They have now done three (3) reductions on my left shoulder. The one yesterday was brutal, the guy almost couldn't do it, and it took a long time to get it back in. Ouchy and a half, but he got it in, which provides hours of relief.

How many hours? :shrug:

Until the next time it falls out again.

Meanwhile, my doctor is on vacation, the bastid.

Emergency urgent immediate kinda soon, after he gets back from vacation, tanned, rested, and ready, he needs to fix this problem. And he will, I have no doubt.

Until then, I am in stasis, just waiting for the green light that means I'm ready for my fourth hospital procedure that is a major surgery since March 21.

I'm so old I remember when my left arm was gonna be a much better experience than the right. :lol:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Advise from a guy who has way too much experience with doctoring going sideways - Have you considered bungee cords, or Saran Wrap?
p0rtia

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by p0rtia »

Oh fffffffuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkk.

:bighug:

:popcorn:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :bighug:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:46 am
Until then, I am in stasis, just waiting for the green light that means I'm ready for my fourth hospital procedure that is a major surgery since March 21.
:crying: :bighug:
sad-cafe

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sad-cafe »

I am so sorry :bighug:
June bug

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by June bug »

Very gentle :bighug: :bighug:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”